R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-01-2007, 09:09 PM   #46
LKH
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to LKH
Thumbs up Video For Lai Kok Heng From LKH Model Sports in Malaysia!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7IJ8fGN6BA
Qiuckly Watch This Video!!!!
From LKH Model Sports In Malaysia!!!
LKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:21 PM   #47
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to annie_himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by KForce
well i cannot compare it because i have never owned a mugen. i know the front end is pillow ball and a caster car so that is pretty much like a mugen. but the ocm has esscentric bushings to adjust front toe, kickup, etc. the ocm also has superior aluminum parts to go with it. the shock towers look like they belong on a honda civic

other than that sorry i can't give much more feedback about the comparison. pull the trigger and go! heh

kyle
It looks just like a Mugen, the truggy too. I do plan on getting these for my next buggy/truggy if not Mugens. Have you found the weak spot on it yet?
annie_himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:44 AM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I got to race the OCM Kaos this weekend in our TN point series and really enjoyed it. The car a slight push in a corner for the initial set up off the bench, but I was able to make adjustments to get it lots better by the end of the night. The car responded well to any adjustments made. I wound up like 9th out of 30 racers first time out and was pleased with it's performance. Alan Burton came up, OCM Team Manager, and I have to say OCM has great support in there organization. Can't wait to run it again.

BP

Last edited by Brandon Powell; 06-03-2007 at 10:00 AM.
Brandon Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:27 PM   #49
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

awesome brandon! yea i finally got my car just about perfect. got a 2nd at one of our warmup pro series state race on saturday. car was very very good. i also ran again today just to do some testing. i keep finding that the harder i drive it the faster it gets. i had a stupid wreak in the beginning and was kinda driving like a mad man to catch the leader and those were the fastest times of the day. car was great can't say enough.
KForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 06:29 PM   #50
Tech Regular

o and as weak points next weekend will be one month on the car and almost 3 gallons in 3 weeks. be sure to red locktite you center cvd's on the diff pinions mine kept coming loose but not anymore! i shrink wraped all my cvds at the barrels. and i have not broken one single part yet. i had a bent front shock tower but that was a upside down buggy on the face of the triple that i sorta met full wood so...
Old 06-03-2007, 06:53 PM   #51
Tech Master

FYI - We were on a medium to high tracktion track and I heard a couple of OCM guys running 5/7/5 diff set up and the cars were fast. You might want to try that if you get a chance.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:01 PM   #52
Tech Regular

i personally don't really care for 7 in my center i like the power but i don't like how my buggy feels. i am sorta learning to drive angry again haven't did it for a while so the 7 in my center makes me outta control heh but i have ran the 5 in the rear before. i have tried 3-5-5 5-7-2 5-5-1 5-5-3 and 5-4-1 but i found 5-5-2 to be my best

OS Speed Engines
Futaba
Panther Tires

CRCRC Raceway Webmaster
FullThrottle Raceway Webmaster
Old 06-03-2007, 09:17 PM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to annie_himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by KForce View Post
o and as weak points next weekend will be one month on the car and almost 3 gallons in 3 weeks. be sure to red locktite you center cvd's on the diff pinions mine kept coming loose but not anymore! i shrink wraped all my cvds at the barrels. and i have not broken one single part yet. i had a bent front shock tower but that was a upside down buggy on the face of the triple that i sorta met full wood so...
Thats good, and I heard of your finish. Congrats!
annie_himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:15 AM   #54
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I raced at my local club yesterday. Ran against 20+ buggies. Had no problems
during heats. I qual'd 7th in the A. Now, I have bumped into an A a few times before, but I never outright qual'd into one. I don't know where I ended up, but late in the 20 min main I heard the P.A announce me in 3rd. I had a screw back off one lower shock mount, so I had to pull in to fix that and missed a couple laps. Im guessing I probably finished 5/6th? The buggy was very good for me...the best outing for me yet
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:18 AM   #55
Tech Regular

ahh congrats sorry to hear about the screw.

a piece of advice...i take another shock mounting screw and screw it into the hole in the arm i am not using. so if you got your shocks outside put a screw through the inside hole as well and the head will go overtop the screw holding the shock. this is just a little extra assurance during those longer mains

kyle

OS Speed Engines
Futaba
Panther Tires

CRCRC Raceway Webmaster
Old 06-04-2007, 06:46 PM   #56
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
I raced at my local club yesterday. Ran against 20+ buggies. Had no problems
during heats. I qual'd 7th in the A. Now, I have bumped into an A a few times before, but I never outright qual'd into one. I don't know where I ended up, but late in the 20 min main I heard the P.A announce me in 3rd. I had a screw back off one lower shock mount, so I had to pull in to fix that and missed a couple laps. Im guessing I probably finished 5/6th? The buggy was very good for me...the best outing for me yet
Good to hear.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #57
Tech Master

Kyle, AB ran 5-5-3 this past weekend and was fast. I will have to try that. Thanks for the info.

BP
Old 06-04-2007, 07:25 PM   #58
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You View Post
I had a screw back off one lower shock mount, so I had to pull in to fix that and missed a couple laps. Im guessing I probably finished 5/6th? The buggy was very good for me...the best outing for me yet
Drill the holes deeper and stick in a 20mm screw, that should help, also the screw that holds the rear bulk to the rear shock tower,drill through and replace it with a longer bolt and a locknut. That should hold the rear together.
devious17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #59
Tech Regular

yes sir the buggy loves 5-5-3 or 5-5-2 heh.

and yes the screw for the shock tower is a good idea i have a few friends that do that.

kyle

OS Speed Engines
Futaba
Panther Tires

CRCRC Raceway Webmaster
Old 06-05-2007, 04:08 PM   #60
Tech Regular

2 ocm's 1st and 2nd

OS Speed Engines