R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-04-2008, 02:11 PM   #556
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for all the advice fellas, I appriciate the help. I was considering this trade mostly because it is local and I could see the truggy before I would trade. Seems like there are a lot of flakes and scammers on this site when I was looking to trade for other truggys. Not a big HPI fan, but the thread was kind of winning me over. The information in this tread has been very helpful.
TBR1052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:12 PM   #557
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
DONT do it....keep what ever buggy u have and look elsewhere for a truggy....this guy is Lookin to unload his crap hellfart on you....Dont DO IT.....sorry loyal HPI fans....but its true.
Now I know for a FACT that you have never owned a Hellfire..So your opinions of this Truggy are second hand at best..I have won with this Truggy, The first RTR's were not the best..But with the SS all the weak spots were addressed..So clue me in to whats breaking on the SS..The diffs are a weak spot but it's a cheap and easy fix..once that's done whats breaking..The Arms are fine now..the first batch of RTR's had a manufacturing defect (air pockets in the plastic). I just get so sick of you haters spewing non truths about something you never owned..I know that you (Integra) get outta shape when anyone brings up the servo issues that LOSI'S are Known to have..How bout the Diff cases breaking..How bout the Associated RC8, it's a arms were breaking..front ends not holding up..never noticed you spewing yer hate over on them threads..
Old 07-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #558
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

No i never owned a hellfire....I knew better.........but knew 2 good buddy's that Dumped ALOT of $$ into them...to only have them FAIL every EVERY single weekend....u can think what u want Oasis...it aint gonna bother me....I know what i sees.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #559
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
No i never owned a hellfire....I knew better.........but knew 2 good buddy's that Dumped ALOT of $$ into them...to only have them FAIL every EVERY single weekend....u can think what u want Oasis...it aint gonna bother me....I know what i sees.
Was it the RTR's or the SS..if you know what the problem areas were it was an easy fix..
Old 07-04-2008, 05:37 PM   #560
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to zJatoRad

what I really liked about the Hellfire was it's handling, it also gave me a few wins but then the diff problems started and I got tired of the diffs, Oasis, what did you do to fix the diff problems? i'm curious because I tried different things and none worked, I'm sure I shimmed correctly, I also thought the diff cases were having too much flex so I bought the nova aluminum diff cases and still had probs.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #561
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by zJatoRad View Post
what I really liked about the Hellfire was it's handling, it also gave me a few wins but then the diff problems started and I got tired of the diffs, Oasis, what did you do to fix the diff problems? i'm curious because I tried different things and none worked, I'm sure I shimmed correctly, I also thought the diff cases were having too much flex so I bought the nova aluminum diff cases and still had probs.
I used the Hot Bodies LSP Pro Ring and Pinion gears..Problem solved..couple different ways to do this..

HBSC9010 Hot Bodies 43T Spiral Conical Gear (Lightning Stadium) $14.99
HBSC9009 Hot Bodies 10T Spiral Bevel Gear (Lightning Stadium) $12.99
HBSC8178 Hot Bodies Front/Rear Hardened Differential (Lightning Stadium) $40.99..This is a complete diff..assembled.
When I go to the races I have 2 complete diffs in my box..just in case..The cost sounds like a lot but it saves you a lot of frustration..plus you can find them on ebay sometimes for less..
Old 07-04-2008, 07:53 PM   #562
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to zJatoRad

Oh I see, well that's the only problem I had with the hellfire before I had to get rid of it, other than that, it was a great truggy.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #563
Tech Rookie

Well. I will at least consider the trade if I have a entry level buggy, like ofna ultra, power racing, GS, Thundertiger etc...these are not competitive enough and I cannot get good price from flebay......
rctech2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #564
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

@MadHacker Very nice thread! Ive read pages 1-15 so far and took a break do to the eye pain. It was sad to see people HPI bashing on this last page but some just don't get it.

@Soup Nice contributions (savy diffs) Id expect nothing less from you John! Do you think a CEN diff mod would be way over kill with this. Id imagine on this model and that mod full throttle landings/cart wheels could be done all day with no harm. LMK what you think. Thanks for the link!
Bankrupter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:55 PM   #565
Tech Initiate

Well bank as I recall BlazerX from hpisf says he thinks the cen diffs are to beefy to fit the bulks/diff houseing but he did not try to squeeze them in...but great thought and I would like to see if they would fit.
You can't lose if you try...if they don't fit throw them into the savage and you still won on the deal!
soup54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:02 PM   #566
Tech Apprentice

Its a done deal Soup! Im going to try one way or the other. Like you said if they don't work out I'll put them in one of the savages.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:34 PM   #567
Tech Adept

My son and I race not one but 2 hellfires every weekend. Went thru the diff problems but solved them using the hotbodies ring and pinion. We are 8 weeks into the season and not a diff failure. The Hellfires have proved to be durable AND competitive. Regularly beating CRT's and 8ight-T's.
TLR 22T
TLR 22SCT
Fast Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:27 AM   #568
Tech Fanatic

My brother and I run hellfires just fine. Mine is a RTR but with BCE chassis and other upgrades his is a SS kit that I had. I've really haven't had problems at all. They run great it's not a bad truggy

Oh he had a LSP lightning that broke nearly they weekend lightning pro-r.

Hpi hellfire is there truck now the lightning is a import. In this country they are called lightnings series but outside the U.S they are called Sacker. The lightning is not hotbodies they just sell it..

See the new hotbodies D8 buggy umm hellfire style front hubs and spindles
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:09 PM   #569
Tech Apprentice

My friend from Hong Kong brought one over. He has an OS .30 engine in it and he was raping everyone at the track once he got it setup. Everyone there was running Losi, XRAY, etc etc... He was the only HPI. Everyone looked once he started up his car because it sounded so nice. It just screamed. Other than the servos, everything else was stock.

p@dDy
paddyhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #570
Tech Apprentice

Just an update to my findings with CEN diffs for the 7.7's GST These Diffs are a direct fit for the Hellfire bearings and all. They allow you to use this Hellfire with savage reliability. You can flip and land full throttle and NEVER harm these diffs even with MT tires!! For better silicone oil control add Cen arenna cross pins to them. They raise your gearing by two CB teeth FYI
pic is grainy sorry not tearing it down for a re-shoot

CEN diff in hellfire cup stock hellfire above for comparison. All they need is to be shimmed.