R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-09-2007, 05:59 PM   #526
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to MadHacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagManSS View Post
Well the AGM here in Calgary brought a nice surprize .... I took Third in the points for a nice little trophy .... I guess I did a little better than I thought this year with the HellFire SS powered by the mighty RB928
Which track do you race at down there in "Cowtown" Jag?
Old 11-10-2007, 01:15 AM   #527
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHacker View Post
It looks like you guys have got some fairly serious big air jumps at your track! Cool!
The one with the buggies is a huge track..almost to big, lap times in the 45+ seconds a lap range..This is not even "the big jump"..to big..lol
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #528
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
The one with the buggies is a huge track..almost to big, lap times in the 45+ seconds a lap range..This is not even "the big jump"..to big..lol
What part of the world (country) do you race in, Oasis?

Our track is kind of similar... 30+ seconds are the lap times of the fastest racers (factory sponsored drivers). Most are in the 40+ second range per lap. Definitely a 1/8th scale track, not very 1/10th scale friendly.

We toned down the jumps a bit this year because we've had a lot of new racers become involved in the club, and we didn't want to have them breaking too many parts and get discouraged. We've got a triple that's about 30' long as our biggest jump, but doesn't have all that much vertical to it.

We'll see what happens next year, but I always enjoy a track with lots of big air.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:53 PM   #529
Tech Lord

I race in the central valley of Ca. I have not been racing much in the last year..due to a divorce..now that that's done I can start racing again....I have a Jammin CRT pro also (that is definitely bad ass, BCE X, King Headz, equipped, small center gear..etc) , I want to try my Hellfire..again..I have made a few changes that I think will make the truggy a lot better, I almost sold it but I'm not going to give it away. I know that a lot of guys have had issues with the Hellfire breaking (in my area anyways) I myself have NEVER broken in a race, I have been using the werks clutch (just in practice) and its awesome, easy to adjust also. The biggest problem that I see with the Hellfire is that it's to stiff, no chassis flex at all, this is why some guys bend the shock towers and the suspension mounts (the rear ones) in a big crash or off of huge jumps (as you can tell my local tracks have them). I also put shrink tube on all the CVD pins, I use Mugen hinge pins on the outside hubs, They are captured (threaded and use a nut on the ends). I have had the front pins on the hubs come out after landing "weired" off a big jump. all we could figure out is that the hub must have twisted and the pin came out of the back (I have seen it happen to other hellfires at my track). I also went with Aluminum hubs front and rear because the stock hubs tend to distort and the inside races can break, I have not had anymore bearing problems since changing to aluminum hubs. as you can tell my Hellfire was an RTR but everything has been upgraded to "Pro" level. I went with the Integey Towers (5.5mm) because of costs (I bought both for less than one HPI tower) and before you guys question the durability of the towers..let me say..I HAVE NEVER BENT ONE.. I do use the HPI 6mm rear suspension mounts ( I have some 8mm Speed tech ones also). I am also using the Speed Tech graphite Top deck, steering rack, disc brakes, center diff brace. I have never had any problems with the steering rack, I have had problems with the Pro steering rack bending after landing "wrong" off a HUGE jump (at least 12 feet of air..). So every mod I have done to my Hellfire was done to make it more durable..not pretty..but it is..
Old 11-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #530
Tech Elite

Cool! I have had very few problems with my SS kit. Not any more or less than other brands of truggies at the track. If any of you are looking to buy a Hellfire, make sure it's the SS kit version. You'll end up spending more money trying to upgrade the RTR version than if you just buy the SS outright.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:32 PM   #531
Tech Lord

Quote:
Cool! I have had very few problems with my SS kit. Not any more or less than other brands of truggies at the track. If any of you are looking to buy a Hellfire, make sure it's the SS kit version. You'll end up spending more money trying to upgrade the RTR version than if you just buy the SS outright.
True..When I bought mine the SS was not out yet..6 months later it was out. For me the price was a push anyways. The stock motor is not bad, The Nubz tires dont work at my local track anyways. I did end up bending the SS steering rack, I sold the stock radio and servos for $55, So I figure it brought the price down a bit. ..If the Pro would have been out I would have bought it over the RTR for sure.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:39 AM   #532
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to JagManSS

I dont know if there would be any intrest on here ... But I was thinking of selling my Race Ready HellFire SS's .... I have one that is complete and ready to rock and one that is disassembled in a tool box along with other needed/nice to have parts. If you are intrested I will answer any/all questions about details etc. Might have it sold to my motor builder, but he hasnt given me a real answer as he is sitting on the fence.
JagManSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #533
Tech Adept

It has been awaile sinse I posted here.
So heres anupdate.
I sold my Hellfire SS. Not that it was a bad car but I wanted something differend. In my country there are a lott of Hellfire Truggies but ownly a few Losi 8ight-T Truggies. So I could sell my car fore a faire price and I got me a Losi. I will never speak bad of a Hellfire since it has made my life turn 180deg.
As U can see in my preveus posts I am a producer of hardwear components. I did this for 8 years in a row without thinking of myself and when I was on the edge of breaking down She came along and gave me something else to think about.
I reformed some things in my company and take a little les profit but I found a life again.
So to all contributors of this thread THANK U.

mzl Hellsavage
Hellsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:08 AM   #534
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to JagManSS

Quote:
Which track do you race at down there in "Cowtown" Jag?
RCGears.ca or com not sure ... but the site hasnt been tended to for a number of YEARS .. we have someone working on it right now, so we hope it to be updated befroe next race season.
JagManSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #535
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsavage View Post
It has been awaile sinse I posted here.
So heres anupdate.
I sold my Hellfire SS. Not that it was a bad car but I wanted something differend. In my country there are a lott of Hellfire Truggies but ownly a few Losi 8ight-T Truggies. So I could sell my car fore a faire price and I got me a Losi. I will never speak bad of a Hellfire since it has made my life turn 180deg.
As U can see in my preveus posts I am a producer of hardwear components. I did this for 8 years in a row without thinking of myself and when I was on the edge of breaking down She came along and gave me something else to think about.
I reformed some things in my company and take a little les profit but I found a life again.
So to all contributors of this thread THANK U.

mzl Hellsavage
Thanks for being a part of this experiment Hellsavage! Cheers man!
Old 12-10-2007, 06:48 PM   #536
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagManSS View Post
RCGears.ca or com not sure ... but the site hasnt been tended to for a number of YEARS .. we have someone working on it right now, so we hope it to be updated befroe next race season.
Are you going to the winter nats in Red Deer jag?
Old 12-14-2007, 03:30 AM   #537
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I was looking on tower site and it look's like they are discontinue to carry the hellfire or is HPI going to stop making this great truggy?
fasteddie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:18 PM   #538
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie2 View Post
I was looking on tower site and it look's like they are discontinue to carry the hellfire or is HPI going to stop making this great truggy?
SS kit is discontinued, RTR is still in production. The SS kit can still be found at a few shops and from time to time on ebay.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:42 AM   #539
Tech Rookie

I am hoping that HPI updates the Hellfire SS, it's nice to have a decent truggy without having to break the bank.
1savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:27 PM   #540
Tech Elite

I wonder why they would discontinue the SS... it's much better than the RTR.