Search

HPI Hellfire SS Kit Build & Long Term Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by milenko_76
Im using a hitec 5955tg
The Hitec 5955 would be a good choice for the Hellfire.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JagManSS
I have had way to many DNF's because of the stock HPI flywheel & the pins backing out. I run the Kyosho ST-R one on it now .. it is aaaalllmost to small for the chrome top starter box that I am using... so if you could find one of the same design and a little bigger it would be easier on the nerves.

I was thinking that I could get around it if I was to remove the purple "h" motor bracket .... setting the motor right on the chassis in turn moving the motor lowwer making it easier for the flywheel to come in contact with the rubber startrer wheel.... I know on my Jammin CR-T my ThunderTiger Buggy are both like this ( no bracket under the motor mount ) .... any opinion on this last question ?
I also experience the "pins backing out" issue with my Hellfire. This seems to be the case with both the Hellfire and Savage flywheels (I've tried both).

The stock Hellfire flywheel is 34mm in diameter. I will be looking for another brand flywheel that is the same diameter. Will let you all know what I find.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14089

Here's a OFNA 34mm flywheel. I wonder how this would work?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The black Hellfire flywheel is 34mm, but the SS flywheel is 37mm for easier bump starts. I'll keep an eye out as well and see if I find anything.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by MadHacker
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14089

Here's a OFNA 34mm flywheel. I wonder how this would work?
I have ran this one as well ... it works great ... I would be interested in the 37mm one if you could get a part # ..... What do you think about running without that "h" brace MadHacker /???/ it word set your motor down an extra mm or 2 which I am sure would make the smaller flywheel work better http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6658 .... I did brake one early on in the season, replaced with a new one & longer screws with washers and nuts added, held together for the rest of the season. maybe a guy could adapt a "Z" brace for the Jammin CR-T http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5748 just a thought ??
Old 10-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

not to throw the thread off .... but MadHacker ... you has a quote in the mag XRC, did you happen to see it ?
Old 10-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

not to throw the thread off .... but MadHacker ... you has a quote in the mag XRC, did you happen to see it ?
Yeah, I did! LOL, it's kind of neat when you're reading your favorite R/C magazine and stumble across your screen name along with a quote of something you've written!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

I have ran this one as well ... it works great ... I would be interested in the 37mm one if you could get a part # ..... What do you think about running without that "h" brace MadHacker /???/ it word set your motor down an extra mm or 2 which I am sure would make the smaller flywheel work better http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6658 .... I did brake one early on in the season, replaced with a new one & longer screws with washers and nuts added, held together for the rest of the season. maybe a guy could adapt a "Z" brace for the Jammin CR-T http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5748 just a thought ??
It would be worth a try. I do use the H brace with the 34mm flywheel, but had to mod the bottom of the chassis slightly to allow for the starter wheel to come up higher into the chassis to contact the flywheel.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

what month andpage is your quote on?
Old 10-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MadHacker
Yeah, I did! LOL, it's kind of neat when you're reading your favorite R/C magazine and stumble across your screen name along with a quote of something you've written!
Could U scan the artical and place it as a Pic. U made me wonder?
I can not buy this magazine in my country
Thanks

mzl Hellsavage
Old 10-19-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the input guys! I grinded down the pinion shafts and now need to reinstall, they look just like the stock pieces now with the mod.

I only removed 3mm from the shaft which began at 23mm (hot bodies) and the HF was 20mm--measured starting from under gear to base of shaft.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by djhSPAWN
i know there has been some talk in the past on this thread about steering servos... but nothing really gave a straight answer to my question. What steering servo should I get for my HF? Im a rookies so I will probably take any specific servo that is suggested.

Just buy what you can afford .... JR9001T , HS-5955TG (this one I use ) .... I would go with somthing around or over 200 OZ and some where in the ball park of .15 sec or less ... this sould get you rockin'
Old 10-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by soup54
Thanks for the input guys! I grinded down the pinion shafts and now need to reinstall, they look just like the stock pieces now with the mod.

I only removed 3mm from the shaft which began at 23mm (hot bodies) and the HF was 20mm--measured starting from under gear to base of shaft.
Right on, Just remember now it it very important that you have it shimmed 100% perfect and you should have no trouble with you nice new smoooooth rollin' ride
Old 10-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hellsavage
Could U scan the artical and place it as a Pic. U made me wonder?
I can not buy this magazine in my country
Thanks

mzl Hellsavage
Originally Posted by milenko_76
what month andpage is your quote on?
November ISSUE 144, page 28
Old 10-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Tech Initiate

got it shimmed with ultra smooth mesh, gonna run it slow in figure eights and tear down again to check the gear mesh and run in wear!

Thanks alot guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.