R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-06-2007, 12:07 AM   #481
Tech Adept

Shoot me a PM with your email adres and the number of servosavers U want.
I will send U a PayPal bill they cost 8 euro a pies and shipping is 2 euro overall.

mzl Hellsavage
Hellsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:57 PM   #482
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well my hellfire stood strong and grabbed first this weekend. I was on my usual pavement. I was up against a jammin, HB, revo's, muggy, 2 fast emaxx's, and a kyosho. I had the fastest lap time and I lead each race by a lap and a half.

Now my question.
Under some moderate to heavy braking I hear clicking from the front end. I have checked both my front and rear diff. They have both been rebuilt and shimmed to have no slop whats so ever. I don't think it's my center diff but I want to hear what you guys think.

I'm also treating my HF to a new body. I'm going completely different from all the other Monster trucks and truggies in my field. I'm putting a 80' camaro body on it
milenko_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 09:52 AM   #483
Tech Adept

@Milenko 76
there are a few things that can make this noise.

The internal gears of the diff. The spider gears could be whornout or chiped.
The bottom plate hitting something when breaking. This could also be the exaust hitting something.
The brake plates. When the center gets whorn out.
The driveshaft from de center to the rear ore the front could have to much play on the outdrive cups.
The bearing could be at the end of there lifetime.

If its not one of these things I am in the blind and whould not know where to look.
Let me know when U figgured out what it is.

mzl Hellsavage
Old 10-08-2007, 03:15 PM   #484
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hi All,
Has anyone found an alternative flywheel for the Hellfire SS? I don't want the pins on my stock flywheel backing out while I'm breaking in my new .21 V-spec!

This OS flywheel looks nice, but I wonder if it would work on the V-spec since it's designed for the .28XZ. Does anyone have this flywheel?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSEK9&P=7
ittjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:25 PM   #485
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to MadHacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by milenko_76 View Post
Well my hellfire stood strong and grabbed first this weekend. I was on my usual pavement. I was up against a jammin, HB, revo's, muggy, 2 fast emaxx's, and a kyosho. I had the fastest lap time and I lead each race by a lap and a half.

Now my question.
Under some moderate to heavy braking I hear clicking from the front end. I have checked both my front and rear diff. They have both been rebuilt and shimmed to have no slop whats so ever. I don't think it's my center diff but I want to hear what you guys think.
Good job milenko!

Could the clicking be from worn outdrives? The dog bones could be clicking in the cups.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #486
Tech Initiate

hey guys, haven't been around in a while...now I have a big ?

I'm upgradeing my diffs to the hot bodies hd with the spiral cut ring and pinion, when I was installing the pinion gear into the cvd the gear's shaft is longer than the HF's this in turn will make the length of the assembly longer than stock, has anyone used this setup and had the same thing?...How do I correct it? Or is there enough play/space in the center diff output shafts to let this setup work? I'm scratching my head, so I thought I'd ask you racers for some practical advice.

Thanks in advance.
soup54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:21 PM   #487
Tech Addict

well I have torn the HF apart. I believe its the center diff. Everything has been gone over with a fine tooth comb. The center diff is the only thing left. I'm going to go do that right now. It's 11:17 pm here and I have to rebuild the rear diff in my ofna gtp, center diff in my HF, and the rear diff in my 18t. Along with repairing a rear arm on my tc4. And if I get time finish up a Hot bodies LSP roller for my friend. Work sarts at 10:00 AM and racing starts at 1:00 pm. I work for the hobby shop that I race at so it works out just fine. I might just pull an all nighter and red bull and monster my way through tomorrow. The wife is asleep and I've taken over the kitchen table and floor.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #488
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to JagManSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup54 View Post

I'm upgradeing my diffs to the hot bodies hd with the spiral cut ring and pinion, when I was installing the pinion gear into the cvd the gear's shaft is longer than the HF's this in turn will make the length of the assembly longer than stock, has anyone used this setup and had the same thing?...How do I correct it? Or is there enough play/space in the center diff output shafts to let this setup work? I'm scratching my head, so I thought I'd ask you racers for some practical advice.

Thanks in advance.
My understanding is that the Guys that are doing this upgrade are cuting down the pinion to the right length and then making the flat side for the grub screw with a dremil tool.
JagManSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:21 PM   #489
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsavage View Post
U discribed it as it is the center gets round not the disc sides but the center.
do U actualy use it and it works?
I was thinking of these ones.
http://www.avidrc.com/shop/?action=i...=4&prevstart=0
But if the ones Udiscribe are any better I wil give it a try.

mzl Hellsavage
I find that they are working rather well I have one whole race season on them and they are still holding up .... I might even put the fiberglass shoes back on and see if that makes it any better.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:26 PM   #490
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittjv View Post
Hey Guys,
Does anyone know if this MIP flywheel fits the Hellfire? I'm using the axial .28 engine and a bump box.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14664

I'm tired of the pins backing out of the stock flywheel.
I have had way to many DNF's because of the stock HPI flywheel & the pins backing out. I run the Kyosho ST-R one on it now .. it is aaaalllmost to small for the chrome top starter box that I am using... so if you could find one of the same design and a little bigger it would be easier on the nerves.

I was thinking that I could get around it if I was to remove the purple "h" motor bracket .... setting the motor right on the chassis in turn moving the motor lowwer making it easier for the flywheel to come in contact with the rubber startrer wheel.... I know on my Jammin CR-T my ThunderTiger Buggy are both like this ( no bracket under the motor mount ) .... any opinion on this last question ?

Last edited by JagManSS; 10-15-2007 at 12:33 PM. Reason: adding
Old 10-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #491
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup54 View Post

Thanks in advance.
Soup54
I did the same upgrade a few weeks ago and found the same problem.
I solved it by adding some shims on the shaft. The same shims that are on the shafts on the weels between the bearing and the hex from the hubs.
I needed to ad 6 shims to eliminat the play.

mzl Hellsavage
Old 10-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #492
Tech Initiate

i know there has been some talk in the past on this thread about steering servos... but nothing really gave a straight answer to my question. What steering servo should I get for my HF? Im a rookies so I will probably take any specific servo that is suggested.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:43 PM   #493
Tech Addict

Im using a hitec 5955tg
Old 10-15-2007, 09:30 PM   #494
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by milenko_76 View Post
The wife is asleep and I've taken over the kitchen table and floor.
LOL! You sound like a truly R/C Obsessed person! LOL! Silly enough to stay up all night working on your R/C's, and brave enough to take over the wife's kitchen table... or perhaps that's brave enough to stay up all night... and silly enough to take over the wife's kitchen table!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:34 PM   #495
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagManSS View Post
My understanding is that the Guys that are doing this upgrade are cuting down the pinion to the right length and then making the flat side for the grub screw with a dremil tool.
That would be the most logical thing to do. Personally, after seeing the difficulties that the Kyosho guys were having this summer with the spiral cut pinion and ring gears, I would shy away from using them. Apparently they're more sensitive to proper shimming than normal straight cut gears. If they're not shimmed correctly, the spiral cut teeth break easier (so it seemed with the Kyoshos). Perhaps the Hot Bodies spiral diff gears are stronger.

It would be interesting to know how the Hot Bodies spiral cut gears work out, so please keep us informed Soup!