R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-25-2007, 10:30 PM   #361
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to MadHacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clangeddin View Post
I have a question on battery/Reciever box. How do you guys maintain the box down?

I have body pin on one end, but the other end nothing holding it down, I can lift it up still. I'm not sure this is a problem when you flip or hit a bump wouldn't your stuff fall out?
If you have an SS kit, then you missed a step in construction. There's a part that is attached to the one end of the lid with two screws that has a lip on it that goes under the upper deck on the side opposite the end with the body clip.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:32 PM   #362
Tech Elite

Hellsavage... the part arrived today! I don't have time tonight to mount it, but I'll try to do it in the next day or two. If I don't end up having to work, I'll race the truck this weekend with the new part and see how it works.

My family was curious about this strange part that showed up in the mail... I showed them the video of your CNC machine making the part, and told them the story about our thread here on RCtech. I also told them that as far as I know, there are at present only two of these parts in the whole entire world! They were pretty amazed!

This is a very unique and interesting hobby we have... someone makes a part and sends it to the opposite end of the world to a fellow hobbyist just to see if the part works. Pretty wild!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:48 PM   #363
Tech Elite

I had some time to do some polishing work... here's what the part looks like.

I decided to polish in order to reduce friction on the bearing surfaces... and then got carried away and polished the whole darn part... LOL! Bronze sure does look nice when it's shiny!
Attached Thumbnails
HPI Hellfire SS Kit Build & Long Term Review-hellfire-servo-saver-july-26_07.jpg   HPI Hellfire SS Kit Build & Long Term Review-hellfire-servo-saver-2-july-26_07.jpg  
Old 07-26-2007, 02:22 AM   #364
Tech Adept

@Madhacker
I am happy to see U got the part. U sure made it look good by polishing it.
One more thing I made 4 of those parts.
1 went to me 1 went to my team mate 1 went to testing (the one U have) and 1 more for making adjustments if for some reason it doesnt work.

I hope it works to the satisfaction after testing it.

The next thing I am thinking about is how I can make the bulk head stronger.
The problem (in my case) is that the bulkhead breaks or the thread gets ripped out of the bulk head. I prefer the arm to break (if there has to break something then I want it to be something that I can fix fast between heads)
The bulk head is a lot of dismanteling and mounting back again. Last time it took me 30 min and nearly missed out on a qualy.
I am thinking anout a bold and nut idear (Mugen style). Just have to figure out wich material and length.

mzl Mach1
Hellsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 05:11 AM   #365
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Now I notice the part I'm missing from the box, but I guess I have to buy that unit. Seems like I lost it can't find it lol.
Clangeddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:53 AM   #366
Tech Initiate

Hello all,

I have been following this thread for the last few weeks and have read through all the pages. Here in San Diego a gas track has finally opened (its a big deal since land value is so high) and I being a on and off RC fan went and picked up a Hellfire RTR. Once I got to the track I found there is way more to RCs then I ever knew. And thanks to this thread I know alot more about the hellfire.

The issue that I am having is that I am getting way to much push in the corners, where do I start to try and figure that out? Shock position, pre load spacers? Any help would be apreciated.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:54 PM   #367
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhSPAWN View Post
Hello all,

I have been following this thread for the last few weeks and have read through all the pages. Here in San Diego a gas track has finally opened (its a big deal since land value is so high) and I being a on and off RC fan went and picked up a Hellfire RTR. Once I got to the track I found there is way more to RCs then I ever knew. And thanks to this thread I know alot more about the hellfire.

The issue that I am having is that I am getting way to much push in the corners, where do I start to try and figure that out? Shock position, pre load spacers? Any help would be apreciated.
Hi there dj. Glad you have been able to make use of our thread!

The steering push issue seems to be common initially with many Hellfire owners. After some playing around with setups, most of us have been able to get past that.

Check out (on the previous page) Post #359 where I posted my latest setup sheet for the Hellfire. On our dusty clay track with low traction, this setup seems to work very well.

One thing to check before making a bunch of setup changes is this... I had an experience where my diffs where not functioning correctly and my truck WOULD NOT TURN for the life of me! I would first pull the diffs and ensure that they are operating correctly and smoothly with little resistance other than the expected diff oil resistance.

Hope this helps!

Gregg
Old 07-27-2007, 07:59 AM   #368
Tech Adept

Do anyone know if you can buy HPI Hub caps for hellfire? I can't seems to find it on HPI website and suggestion or can post link.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:13 AM   #369
Tech Elite

I haven't seen any specifically for the Hellfire.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:19 AM   #370
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clangeddin View Post
Do anyone know if you can buy HPI Hub caps for hellfire? I can't seems to find it on HPI website and suggestion or can post link.
Why ?
It ownly adds whieght on the worst part of the car.

mzl Hellsavage
Old 07-28-2007, 01:32 AM   #371
Tech Adept

Now does any of U guys use othere wheels then the nubs.
I bougth me a new set becaus my old ones start being very unstable after 30 liter.
I hear good news on Phanther Boa and GRP cubic.
Will these work on a Hellfire? I love my Nubs but sometime want to try something else.

mzl Hellsavage
Old 07-28-2007, 10:02 PM   #372
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsavage View Post
Now does any of U guys use othere wheels then the nubs.
I bougth me a new set becaus my old ones start being very unstable after 30 liter.
I hear good news on Phanther Boa and GRP cubic.
Will these work on a Hellfire? I love my Nubs but sometime want to try something else.

mzl Hellsavage
At our track, Pro-Line Crime Fighter MTR's are the most commonly used. They're quite similar in tread design to Nubz.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:55 AM   #373
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I also like the bowtie mtr or crime fighter mtr.
milenko_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:05 AM   #374
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHacker View Post
I had some time to do some polishing work... here's what the part looks like.

I decided to polish in order to reduce friction on the bearing surfaces... and then got carried away and polished the whole darn part... LOL! Bronze sure does look nice when it's shiny!
So madhacker have you tested this out how it work out?
Old 07-29-2007, 07:19 AM   #375
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks

Thanks to all on this thread. You made my SS build so much easier. Took my Savage apart and installed my alum diffs in the SS right off the bat. I've had zero diff problems so far. Ran 2nd in the A first time out. Had a horrible on power push at corner exit. Did a setup change, tightened the servo saver and installed a 300 oz Hitec servo. I also ground some material off the back of the steering knuckle carries(?) to get more throw. Then I noticed the servo saver arm was hitting the servo mount, so I clearenced that also. I now have as much steering as any truggy on the track. I really like the SS so far. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks!!
johnboy8L is offline   Reply With Quote