Tech Adept

@TGA78
They are balloons. 50 pices 1 euro

mzl Hellsavage
Hellsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:50 AM   #287
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well the HF goes under the knife tonight. It's getting a screw kit and the other diff cups replaced with savage x ones, and a carbon fiber top plate. I'm leaning towards 3k front-7k mid-and keeping the 5k rear. And it's probably getting a new body if I pull an all nighter.
milenko_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:55 AM   #288
Tech Addict

would these dust boots work?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNJ66&P=7
Old 07-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #289
Tech Adept

I donít know if those dust covers would work or not. Personally I would be too concerned that they will interfere with the springs to try them.

As for your choice in diff fluid I donít know anyone who runs a heavier rear then front in an R/C. I am sure plenty have tested it. I believe the reason behind that is to keep the rear end from wanting to kick out. They keep the AWD front biased so you can just point and shoot. 5k front 7k center 3k rear is what I want to try.
TGA78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #290
Tech Initiate

HI There guys, I have a Hellfire SS & a Savage X & I use the boots from Hot Bodies Kit #61215 that sells for about $7 @ Tower I think or elsewhere. It comes with four rubber boots that are very durable & strechy(?) & set screws & pins for rebuilding the CV's. I use them on both trucks at both ends of the driveshafts and hold them in place with a ty-wrap around the small end to keep them from sliding up the shafts. They fit through the C-frames OK in front & don't rub. I put a little wheel bearing grease in there and slide the boot in place and it lasts for a long time & keeps the crap out. I run the boots on the center shafts as well. I like my Hellfire, it handles & flies pretty well & has held up well to the abuse from an LRP Z28 Spec3 motor running stock gears. I've been following this thread for a long time & found a lot of great information, I hope this helps out. Later....
monsterbft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:28 PM   #291
Tech Adept

Thanks for the part number for those boots. I did a search on towers for boots and didn't fun any.

Anyway I just added a few sets to my order and canít wait to test them out. I would love to add some clutch options to my order but I still don't know if those HPI clutch bells I liked awhile ago will work or not. They seem to be the same style bell but not sure if they are the right size. I think I am also going to order a set of HPI aluminum shoes from towers.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:48 AM   #292
Tech Initiate

I have found that the HPI alum. clutch shoes are pretty soft and wear out quickly.
I now use sts clutch shoes from www.topspeedtoys.com (linked to new web site for "sts micro engins"). They are made of a mix of alum. (like your pistons in the motors) which has held up pretty well with my sts d30m, and comes with 2 sets of springs and a pretty good tuneing chart to help with your clutch set up.
soup54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:42 AM   #293
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to MadHacker

Thanks for the tip Soup!
Old 07-05-2007, 05:07 PM   #294
Tech Adept

Well I got everything I needed for the Savage X diff mod today, along with most everything else I need. Just waiting on the side guards from eBay but either way I should be able to break in the motor this weekend.

I the only thing I really need to figure out is what I want to do about power for the starter box. I am thinking about just hooking it up to my car battery or maybe use the 3 cell lipo I have for my RC 18b. I just don’t know how many amps the dual motors will try to pull. So my 18b lipo is probably out of the question.

I was looking at clutch shoes and springs last night on A Main and noticed M2C Racing seems to have a lot of shoe options. I also seen the M2C flywheel on there but no clutch bells. Does anyone know what clutch bell you would use and if that setup would be compatible with the hellfire?
Old 07-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #295
Tech Adept

Oh I have one more thing I need to work on. My steering servo sticks out to far so the linkage is far from strait. I have to pull some of the truggy back apart anyway so I think I am going to check out the other set of servo mounts it came with. I am hoping I can get it lined up with out having to modify a set of the mounts. The servo could go back almost ľĒ before it hits the brace and thatís almost how much I need it to move. I see in the pics posted of the BCE Hellfire that the steering linkage is perfectly strait.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:25 AM   #296
Tech Initiate

You will be able to use your stock clutch bell with M2C set up or any other bell--hardened,vented...Ofna has some good hardened bells that come with the bearings or you could use the HPI racing bells.

Hope everything goes good for your motor break in...
It's been lousy done here in Texas...nothing but rain. We have had about 20+ inches in 2 weeks-----I thought we were supposed to be dust and tumble weeds down here!!! For this time of year we are usually in a drought with severe water restictions, but our aquifer (Edwards Aquifer local water supply) is about 25.6 feet above the average nondrought readings...and now I'm really itching for some trigger time on the SS!!
soup54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:28 AM   #297
Tech Adept

Well I ran the first tank through the LRP .28 in my Hellfire last night. Being my first nitro I found the throttle and break linkage need some adjustment still. So today I set about tweaking them and adjusted the idle screw a little. I also swapped in the smaller carburetor insert. Now I just need to tweak the needles a little more to get it to keep running. I think it is a little too rich now.

Anyway the ofna dual motor truggy starter box I got isn’t working out so well. I can’t get the front and rear alignment post set to fit the truck and still keep the flywheel lined up. So right now I am only using the front alignment and then eyeing up the back.

I also bought a sealed lead acid battery for the starter box. It kicked the motor over no trouble yesterday the few times I had to restart it. Today it worked about 4 times then just quit. Now I didn’t get a chance to put the battery on the charger last night so I hooked it up now. Only thing is the battery doesn’t seem to be all that dead, according to the charger. I also thought the battery should have been able to turn the motors with out the truck sitting on the box but it wouldn’t. I am starting to think there is something wrong with my starter box already.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:45 PM   #298
Tech Addict

Well I hada good day of racing today. 1st in my 1st heat and then 2nd and 2nd. I lost to another hellfire so it wasn't that bad. 2 HF and the rest revos. In the last race we my buddy with the other HF were picking on the revo while racing and a few of them were trying to tap us. So we were counting out loud how many times they flipped or hit the pipes while trying to hit us. I guess they are just sad because they own revos and not HFs. We always race for fun so egging each other on is just part of the fun. Anyways...... Has anyone run into the problem of their servo saver backing off? In my last race I noticed mt steering was getting loose. I was getting pissed. I race on pavement with a lot of tight turns meant for touring cars so My steering has to be quick and smooth. About 3 minutes in my steering was just falling off. I still took 2nd barely. I was going over the truck and noticed the servo saver nut backed off and there was no pressure one the saver. Easy fix but Im wodering if anyone else has had this problem.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:53 PM   #299
Tech Regular

Quote:
Has anyone run into the problem of their servo saver backing off? In my last race I noticed mt steering was getting loose. I was getting pissed. I race on pavement with a lot of tight turns meant for touring cars so My steering has to be quick and smooth. About 3 minutes in my steering was just falling off. I still took 2nd barely. I was going over the truck and noticed the servo saver nut backed off and there was no pressure one the saver. Easy fix but Im wodering if anyone else has had this problem.
Yip I have had that problem occur. The server saver nut backed off right down to the chassis plate, so I had no steering at all. After that I used loctite 243 on the nut and it hasn't moved yet.
BrisbaneTNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 12:11 AM   #300
Tech Addict

I guess loctite would cure the problem the only down fall is that you can't adjust it as easily.