Wiki Posts
Search

Axe Rossi Mamba

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

that link is for a RB .12?

i get around 7min on mine with a JP-1 pipe and a MC59 plug, I'm not sure what temp its running, I personaly dont pay attention to temp much since every gun reads different, and it depends on so many factors, if it feels like its running rich I lean it out, and if it feels lean, I richen it, that being said, I havn't touched the needles on mine since just after break in, it holds its tune awsome,
Old 05-23-2007, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SteveJa
From the people that are running this motor.... I have to ask.... did the pinch go away fast on this motor ? Or my luck, I did something wrong... It just seems to me that the pinch is not what you would think for a motor that has a little less then a gallon...

Thanks
The super tite have to heat it up pinch will go away but the motor will still have quite a bit of pinch if turned by hand with the glowplug out. What pipe are you finding gives the best powerband with this motor.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nobike
how is the run time? and what pipe are you guys using? and what temp?
anyone else ???
Old 06-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

any one else run these motors ???
Old 06-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

any one else run these motors ???
Old 06-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

how is the run time? and what pipe are you guys using? and what temp?
Old 06-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

I am using an 063 pipe on 30% fuel and getting around 8 minute runtimes. I am thinking about trying a JP3 pipe.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

Old 06-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

anymore people try this motor
Old 08-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Tech Adept

Hey,
I just bought this engine and I wish to know, is the O'donnell 99 plug is good for it?
Thanks
Old 08-19-2007, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

I have had a great deal of experience running the AXE Rossi engines, both the Mamba and Cobra. This is largely due to the fact that I work for the sole UK distributor in the country for AXE Rossi engines. I also myself personally run a Mamba and I have tryed alot of varying combinations with it.

Firstly the Rossi R6 plug works spot on in the Mamba, as an alternative I'd recommend the RB or Novarossi #6 plug, which is classes as a Med-Cold/Cold plug. I've never favoured running the McCoy MC-59 as it is a hot plug, and not something I'd ever really consider using in a .21+ sized engine - That said its still a glowplug and it will still work, but its not my personal recommendation. When it comes to pipes I've tryed quite a few, so far the best thing I have tryed is the Jammin JP-3, I've also ran for a few race meetings the Hong Nor/OFNA EFRA 2047 3-Chamber, this pipe gave me good bottom, good mid/good top and 8 minutes runtime on a 125 tank. The JP-3 I have less experience with, but it seems to have as much bottom/mid as the 2047 with more top end, as of yet I am unsure of fuel economy. The Hong Nor/OFNA 053 worked OK but overally was not as good as the 2047.

I am running the engine in a Mugen MBX5R, and in this platform I found that I didn't quite have enough top end and it is certainly worth mentioning that the Mamba is strongest at the bottom/mid end, with the top end maybe not being quite as good as it should. To compensate I'm running a 14t clutchbell, which IMO is useable but the bottom end is not quite as good as I would like, which is why I've just switched to 1.1 clutch springs on my Hong Nor/OFNA Long Life clutch shoes. I've yet to try this setup but I figure with the JP3 and 14t clutchbell it will be a flyer. At the end of the day you can always use a 13t on tighter tracks, with the 14t to be used on more open ones so its not the end of the world, but I'm just trying to see what works best for me and the engine in my car.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Turbo head

Hi guys,

I'm running the Cobra and very very happy with it's performance.
Anyone has some experience putting in a turbo head on the engine?
How will this change the performance?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:34 AM
A.C
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mister-E
Hi guys,

I'm running the Cobra and very very happy with it's performance.
Anyone has some experience putting in a turbo head on the engine?
How will this change the performance?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!
compare a cobra and mamba, which gives better power band?
Old 08-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

A.C.

I runned the engine for the second weekend now and have no experience to compare it with the Mamba. My other engine is the JP FX B5 T.
I notice the sound is different comparing with the JP which has a higher and dry note. Pipe I used are the same which is EFRA 2027, equals to JP2 and engine is tuned just right, not too rich

With the Cobra, I'm still searching the right clutch setup whereby the used 1,0 mm spring (black) engages too fast for my tight local track. This causes the car to be a bit slow when accelerating from low speed.
However, at the right RPM, then you'll see the car accellerates like ...
Switch to 1,1 mm spring should solve the problem.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

I have to say that out of the two Rossi engines the Cobra is definetely the faster mill, that said however the Mamba does have stronger bottom end. On a 13t clutch bell and JP-3 the Mamba is as good at the bottom end as any 5-Port mill, infact I'd go as far as saying its the most responsive, torquey 7-Port engine you can buy. Unfortunately though as I expressed in my last post the Mamba does suffer a little at the top end, don't get me wrong its not bad by any means but compared to your C6BB's, V-Spec's, Nova 21-7's etc its not quite on par. That is where the Cobra picks up though, because mid-top end that engine is a banshee, the bottom end is decent but its clear that when you drive the engine its not where its at, but with some clutch tuning and on the right pipe I'm sure it'll haul.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.