R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
I'm on a loose track right now. I think I'm going to give the stock clutch a try now that they have the new material shoes out.

TLR / Team Orion / Spektrum / AKA / TEKIN / Horizon Hobby / upgrade rc / AVID / SCH / SPY / HAL'S HOBBY WAREHOUSE
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:41 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Great, Thank's guy's..
freefallmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:46 PM   #33
Tech Master

I put in the 4 KH 7075's last week with the green & gold springs as recomended here. For me this set-up engaged too early. I switched to 2 gold & 2 silver springs and I am happy with how it hooks up now. I tested on an outdoor loose dirt track & an indoor hard packed track. I think I'll stick with this set-up.
RBMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:59 PM   #34
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to J C F D

If you check on here those guys can help you with the werks clutch.

Originally posted by shawn17 :

"All the real woman died in my generation

And my neighborhood ain't gay!"
J C F D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:50 AM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMike
I put in the 4 KH 7075's last week with the green & gold springs as recomended here. For me this set-up engaged too early. I switched to 2 gold & 2 silver springs and I am happy with how it hooks up now. I tested on an outdoor loose dirt track & an indoor hard packed track. I think I'll stick with this set-up.
I am running this combo with the KHZ 6061 shoes instead. I like it too!
Associated B6
Durango DESC410V2 Pro
sport10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:50 PM   #36
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to better

I am a fan of the werks clutch also, no lie you will go through bearings at the same rate but you can just forget about changing shoes (i do it yearly!!)
better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:26 AM   #37
Tech Master

I got a great deal on a works clutch so I tried it (in my Mugen) and after 1 day of working great it would not stay adjusted. First it loosened causing the clutch to engage too soon. After readjusting it then it would randomly tighten or loosen after just a couple of tanks. I gave up. 2 guys at my track also running it, 1 with great luck, the other had the same problems I did.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:45 PM   #38
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Anyone here try four carbon losi shoes? if so what color springs? and how is the wear rate?
nobike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:59 AM   #39
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you go back and read the entire thread your question would have been answered

Turbo Joe post # 9

We all run the carbon shoes and the gold springs...I think our little group(4 of us) has 5-6 of them out there in buggies and truggies, all carbon and all gold and I don't think one of us has replaced a set of shoes yet. I got the first one last spring and the other guys have been getting them one after another...they're awesome. I know I have 3 gallons on that one and they're not worn much all all...and they're $16.99 . Even the clutch bearings last forever now...I've had the same bearings on the thing for the same 3 gallons...LOL...nice and smooth.

The Losi bell works awesome with it. It likes up perfectly. The only issue I had on the Losi with it all was concerning the case of the motor, a new Sirio STi, and it wasn't a big deal. The case is really thick between the carb and front bearing and the flange on the Werx flywheel would touch...I had to add a spacer behind the collet and a then shim it on the other end to get the endplay right. It was really a Sirio issue, not a Losi issue.
sjenkins97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:50 AM   #40
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Talking RB Mike...

Clean your threaded center with degreaser and then apply some blue loctite. That will cure your problem. Several of the guys at our LHS have switched to the Werks and they are all happy. They do Loctite them though.

I have gone back and tried the Losi Clutch with the KH 7075 shoes and it does work very well. I'm running 2 gold Springs and 2 green. The greens have one carbon shoe and one KH 7075. The carbon bleeds over onto the Aluminum and softens it's grab a little. This is a smoking setup. I'm very impressed!

2 gallons and no issues at all! Just need to get some of those little screws in stock. The heads are very soft.

BTW - The Werks clutch takesa different collet than the Losi. For those of you switching over you need to keep this in mind.

Great thread.
TEX
(972) 271-4844
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:55 AM   #41
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

To those running the stock setup (carbon/aluminum), are the carbon shoes wearing quickly or just the aluminums?

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:37 AM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1
Clean your threaded center with degreaser and then apply some blue loctite. That will cure your problem. Several of the guys at our LHS have switched to the Werks and they are all happy. They do Loctite them though.

I have gone back and tried the Losi Clutch with the KH 7075 shoes and it does work very well. I'm running 2 gold Springs and 2 green. The greens have one carbon shoe and one KH 7075. The carbon bleeds over onto the Aluminum and softens it's grab a little. This is a smoking setup. I'm very impressed!

2 gallons and no issues at all! Just need to get some of those little screws in stock. The heads are very soft.

BTW - The Werks clutch takesa different collet than the Losi. For those of you switching over you need to keep this in mind.

Great thread.
TEX
TEX-What collet is it?
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:58 PM   #43
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka
To those running the stock setup (carbon/aluminum), are the carbon shoes wearing quickly or just the aluminums?
they have improved the alloy shoes, they are now 7075 & are blue. the carbon shoes have also been improved with better material used. my car is still pretty new (1/2 a gallon) & no signs of lag or wear, damn it's punchy.

to be honest i can not see why anyone would use another clutch set-up on the market. its just so easy to maintain & works a treat. the combo of springs & shoes that is on the market for this clutch is also very good.

i very suprised that people who run other cars on the market do not run this clutch.
flysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:24 PM   #44
Tech Master

Thanks TEX1 but I tryed all that and even red loctight and let it dry for a week before running it. I'm not saying the clutch is bad but for me I just could not make it stay put. I agree that it has great enguagement when adjusted properly.

Dave when I run the stock set-up, the black shoes are wearing out almost twice as fast as the Aluminum ones (blue).
-ROAR 4 cell rule Blows
Old 05-31-2007, 05:28 PM   #45
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Talking

my favorite losi clutch setup is the khz 7075 shoes w/ 2 gold & 2 silver my other is all carbon with all green springs (losi clutchbell only , not robinson)
later , monty

i also tried the fioroni version of the werks clutch system (identical) and gave up on it after 10 minutes of runtime !!! i am a very good wrench and fast racer and thought the clutch system just sucked and was too much of a pain in the @ss !!!!! lol
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote