Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Need help finding compatible parts >

Need help finding compatible parts

Need help finding compatible parts

Old 07-15-2019, 06:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Need help finding compatible parts

... So I bought this beaten up 1/8 buggy and I want to try to bring it back to life.

Couldn't find much parts for it online so I need your help to see what other parts are compatible, first thing I want to change is the lower Left arm.
I think it is called beast victory hawk x8 something like that...
Thank you
Old 07-21-2019, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bill_rc
... So I bought this beaten up 1/8 buggy and I want to try to bring it back to life.

Couldn't find much parts for it online so I need your help to see what other parts are compatible, first thing I want to change is the lower Left arm.
I think it is called beast victory hawk x8 something like that...
Thank you
(Edit) your buggy is a Kyosho MP777 SP1copy. Parts probably work*

I googled it and found some spares on various sites but honestly even tho it’s a legit 8th scale buggy I’m guessing that company has either gone pop and is gone or is based somewhere like China because that buggy is super unknown. It’s going to be hard finding parts and people that even know if other cars parts work on it. If I had one to look at in person so I could see what it uses I’m sure you can rig up some rear hubs and probably find arms that fit but you will have to get more then arms at that point. Your best bet would be selling it the way you bought it then taking that money to the for sale threads on here and finding a more reputable brand like losi Mugen kyosho associated XRay tekno etc... and getting one of those buggies. When you can’t get parts in a convenient fashion for your buggy your asking for major headaches cause we all know buggies (especially yours) May break. It’s just the name of the game. I was looking at the front spindle and carriers and your knuckles are cast, unfortunately those break very easily. They may be close enough to kyosho that one of there older cars billet knuckles might fit, the car def looks like it copied some ideas. More based off the mp777 like the shocks and other parts, even the rear hubs look like a kyosho copy. (Edit) i wrote this ^ before I looked into it and noticed that it was in fact a copy of the mp777 SP1.

Last edited by Matt Piva; 07-21-2019 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Alright so I screenshotted some pictures of the Kyosho MP777 SP1 and put them in here compared to the victory buggy you have, I can say without a doubt your car is exactly the same as the kyosho, made by the same people probably in China, even the radio tray has the exact same things going on. So your buggy actually is very tunable and I will post a picture of someone’s buggy they highly modified.

Kyosho mp777 sp1 modified car

Victory hawk x8 buggy, if you look close enough to the radio box, you can see it’s the same but doesn’t have the big K (for kyosho) it’s just flat.

And another kyosho mp777 sp1

Kyosho MP777 SP2 even shares a lot of the same parts and has some awesome upgrades I bet fit your buggy!!

Last edited by Matt Piva; 07-21-2019 at 09:49 AM.