Like Tree1Likes

CEN Matrix TR

Old 05-07-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Taking that brace out will let the chassis flex and give more rear traction. We never run it before we went to the BCE chassis. For more rear side bit here are some things you can try. Run less camber, smaller sway bar, longer camber link, use a higher roll center (use lower holes on shock tower for rear camber link), Lay the shock down more in the rear (more inclined), more toe-in, move hubs forward “puts more weight on the rear tires”, thinner rear diff oil, larger hole shock pistons #2 or 3, lighter shock oil, lighter spring, lower rear ride height. If I got anything wrong someone please correct me.

Good setup guide: http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...ria=0&catName=

Download this Manual Xray XB8R and go to the last pages. Very good setup guide.

Here’s one more:
http://www.cenracing.com/race/setup.html

Click on setup guide at bottom of page.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

For springs what other ones do you use? I only have the Cen stock green ones, also I run the stock shocks all #2 pistons 60wt fr and 35wt rear. And again thank you.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

The only springs we have run on the TR are the stock green springs. We use 60wt front #1 and 40wt rear #2. That was before changing to the BCE Chassis. We were always trying to take away rear traction to get the truck to rotate more on throttle.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

I am getting ready to go to the advantage brakes and the plastic diffcases. Are the diff cases weight wise going to benefit my out of the hole power, and braking? And are they brittle like should I be easy tightening the screws. I was trying to drop some more weight off my trug and the diff cases and the brakes will do alittle more than I have done already. As we all know any little bit helps. You guys are very helpful again thanks.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malik
I am getting ready to go to the advantage brakes and the plastic diffcases. Are the diff cases weight wise going to benefit my out of the hole power, and braking? And are they brittle like should I be easy tightening the screws. I was trying to drop some more weight off my trug and the diff cases and the brakes will do alittle more than I have done already. As we all know any little bit helps. You guys are very helpful again thanks.
The diff cases are very strong, don't worry about breaking them.

Colin
Old 05-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

I just noticed tha Gene came out with the rear upper turnbuckles, anybody ever bent the stockers? I have bent both front uppers before getting Genes ackerman plate and front upper tb's. I will probably just get them anyway just wondering cause I dont remember hearing anybody having trouble with them though.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malik
I just noticed tha Gene came out with the rear upper turnbuckles, anybody ever bent the stockers? I have bent both front uppers before getting Genes ackerman plate and front upper tb's. I will probably just get them anyway just wondering cause I dont remember hearing anybody having trouble with them though.
I have never bent a rear one, but I can't go one run without bending a front one.

Colin
Old 05-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Advantage Brakes

I just want to make sure I've got the install correct for the new brakes. Thats one advantage brake rotor front and back. Also use the metal caliper without the pad until it starts to grab then back off a 1/4 turn or so. Also it says to remove the stock brake disc guides. So just take them out or modify them. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah the first time on the track a while ago and after a few laps noticed I had no uptravel in front, pulled it in and noticed both front TB's were bent exactly the same way. As soon as I got home I called Gene and went blue up front, they look sweet to so I probably like I said will get the rear anyway plus I belive the rears are a total of 12 grams lighter. Every little bit counts.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stimey131
I just want to make sure I've got the install correct for the new brakes. Thats one advantage brake rotor front and back. Also use the metal caliper without the pad until it starts to grab then back off a 1/4 turn or so. Also it says to remove the stock brake disc guides. So just take them out or modify them. Thanks for your help.
Do not use the guides with the Advantage brake rotors
Old 05-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default Clutch bells

I have always used the Cen bells and was possibly wanting to try another brand. Do the mugen bells fit the same as the stock ones shim wise? also I see people tearing down the rtr's on ebay do the rtr's come with the same bells as the FRE? And what other bells do you guys use and how are they?
Old 05-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

I want to try the Eck Tek clutch bells but I cannot seem to find any of them.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

I would like to hear some feedback first but right now I am looking on ebay at the rtr buggy bell and the mugen bell, I am not shure if the rtr cen 1 is hardened and on the Mugen not shure if it works. Any other suggestions would be nice. Also I see on a-main the Protec bells but none of them say Cen type, so I need to know what type cen is I guess. A few guys at the track run the protec rc bells and love them for the price.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Would the Racers Edge clutch bells work with the Mugen and CEN flywheel and shoes?

http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/168/8th-s...m-racers-edge/
Old 05-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 17mm wheel hexes

Does anybody know if the 17mm wheel hex that comes on the Matrix buggy will fit the Matrix TR. I want to switch to running the proline LPR's. I aso have a question about tire mounting. I read through the instructions for the proline MTR crimefighters and it says to put 2 small dimond shape holes on oppisite sides of the tire. Is this something that needs to be done? It seems to me if i put a small hole in the tire it will just be a place for the tire to start tearing itself apart at high speeds or will they be fine. I already have two 3/16 holes in my wheels on oppisite sides isn't that enough. Thanks for your help guys.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.