R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-31-2008, 04:59 PM   #1456
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Ok Ijust got back from a frustrating day of racing. I broke the lower part of the servo saver. I have the cnc upper arm and had it set at exactly 3mm. I keep tons of spares but that was 1 I didnt have. The reason I was frustrated is because it was the 3rd heat and I was 1st and 2nd in the first 2 heats and 1 or 2 laps into heat 3 I had to pack up my nitro stuff. That discourages me alittle I know its trial and error or whatever but racing nitro is much much more involved time and money wise. But I love it though LOL, I am just venting fellas sorry..... I still can use some help on preping my new clutchbell and aluminum shoes, its my 1st aluminum clutch. Thanks
malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:41 PM   #1457
Tech Regular

Last week I broke the same part during an "A" main. I thought someone posted an aluminum non-Cen upgrade last year, but I can not seem to find it in this thread. Does anyone know if CEN is working on this upgrade?

Thanks
ILDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:04 PM   #1458
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILDRVR View Post
Last week I broke the same part during an "A" main. I thought someone posted an aluminum non-Cen upgrade last year, but I can not seem to find it in this thread. Does anyone know if CEN is working on this upgrade?

Thanks
If you buy the replacement part from CEN, it is an updated part and is stronger than the one that came on the truggy.

Colin
Old 06-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #1459
Tech Elite

TQ and the win tonight!! I made one change to the truggy, I shortened the wheelbase and it really hooked up the rear end. Also, the 4mm rear outer hinge pins work great!!

Colin
Old 06-01-2008, 05:04 AM   #1460
Tech Regular

Congratulations, I started this year with Andrew's 08 Revolution set-up and I love it. I have made it to every "A" main this year. This truck is a blast to drive.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:13 AM   #1461
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILDRVR View Post

Thanks
I used an aluminum steering bellcrank assembly made by GPM for the CEN Genesis/GST. I had to drill out the solid piece and shorten it about the thickness of the bearing. I also did this to my bugy and it has tons of steering.

You can try the aluminum bellcrank assembly from Thunder Tiger but I am not sure if it works of fits the Matrix buggy or truggy.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2542
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:41 AM   #1462
Tech Elite

I remember someone using a alum non Cen part earlier on this thread also. I think it was the TTR one but I am not shure. When did they upgrade the plastic parts? Well I to be on the safe side ordered a few of them, nothing more frustrating than breaking and not having extras of that part. Has anybody ever had to replace the spurgear? I was thinking about getting an extra but didnt know if it was worth it. Also you guys with the BCE conversion can I get the chassis and just put all the stock parts on it. I know it has holes for the buggy chassis braces and stuff I was just wondering if I could get that run it then later do the gear changes?
Old 06-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #1463
Tech Regular

Thanks Tree for the post and pics.

If someone has some time on their hands, it would be nice to have an index for this thread. There is a ton of great information that racers have posted in this thread but it is hard to find it.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:08 AM   #1464
Tech Adept

My son (Justin Cranford) races for Team Cen but we are not the team to beat in FL. He is fast; we just have fun and do our best. Justin was at the Truck Nationals in AZ and he is leaving for the Buggy Nationals in CA Wednesday morning.

Justin finished second at the Psycho Nitro Blast in Atlanta, Ga earlier this year with his Cen Matrix FRE TR and that was the most blown out track with the biggest jumps I have every seen. Run that same shock setup with no problems. Was a one hour main on top of all that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG91v...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMpY5...eature=related

Right now we are using the Jammin plastic steering parts on the TR and buggy. At the end of the steering arms you will need to grind the plastic so itís even and shim the top of the post with some really small 4mm washers but they work great. The new Cen plastic steering pieces are stronger but we havenít switched back yet. Iíll really be glad when Cen gets this new buggy and Truggy released because they are going to be so much lighter and a lot better over all. The new shocks will have machined pistons so no more sanding and trimming to get them to fit just right.

No problems with the Cen spur gears but we are using Reckward Tuning clutch bells. Very strong and last longer than any I have ever used.

I will try and get pics and post in the next week or so.
Murnan Modified Motors - www.Murnanmodified.com
Mcran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:54 AM   #1465
Tech Elite

Mcran I am going to an aluminum clutch for the 1st time I will be installing it today or tomorrow. Can you tell me what I need to do prep wise, I know there is something or do I just install it and go?
Old 06-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #1466
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

just put them on and go and after a few runs take the bell off and inspect for burs on the shoes if there are then file them down and you good to go again
Old 06-02-2008, 05:31 PM   #1467
Tech Elite

Thanks Robert, as I said earlier I broke the lower plastic part of the servo saver. I run the cnc top piece, when I install the new plastic piece what about rubbing maybe some light bearing oil or something where the cnc and plastic pieces meet? Just thinking maybe alittle lube there would let it do its job easier and should I be taking it apart periodically and cleaning between it all or no.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #1468
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thatís crazy! Never seen that. Well revelation has small jumps then! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d9JQ8S6EIg

Parts flying...

The reservoirs make a huge difference, happy for now. Iím going to test @ revelation tomorrow if anyone wants to go.

Do you guys run springs between your brake pads? It seems like the brakes drag if I run too much and heat up... Iím going to try ofna springs and adjuster.

I have all stock factory drive train. I know I need the cross pins and center CVD??? Can you give me a run down of what I need to change and set up specs for racing?
What parts will wear and spares I should carrier (drivetrain)

U guys are drilling out the outer hinge pin to 4MM?? Im going to get the 19* uprights and it seems like hinge is wallowing the arms out??? Ive seen the shoulder bolt with a nut??? Ideas??

Iím going to practice a couple times on my current set up and rebuild all the parts I should, and go race... Ill post photos if I can.

Thanks again for all the help.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #1469
Tech Elite

If I were to drill out to 4mm on the outer hing pins which hinge pins would I use, and are they captured in anyway? Sixpack get the Advantage brake discs they are only like $13-$15 and work 10 times better than the stockers.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #1470
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by malik View Post
If I were to drill out to 4mm on the outer hing pins which hinge pins would I use, and are they captured in anyway? Sixpack get the Advantage brake discs they are only like $13-$15 and work 10 times better than the stockers.
I used rear inner hinge pins cut to the right length. I drilled a small hole on either side of the arm and threaded a screw in to hold the pin in.

Colin