Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

CEN Matrix TR

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What "style" of shoes from m2c? What is up with aftermarket places not giving Cen their own department? What is the name of that one place who makes aftermarket suspention parts for the TR?
Old 05-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

kmw?
give the m2c 4 shoe system a try you will be very happy just order the four shoe flywheel and a set of four shoe clutch shoes and springs

if you want three shoes get the thundertiger shoes
Old 05-28-2008, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

What other brands of bells work using the stock flywheel? I really want to know if the TTR and or Mugen ones work. For a 3 shoe set up.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Robert Hull,

Email me as soon as possible.

[email protected]
Old 05-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

I ended up getting a new cen bell cen gold springs and King heads mugen shoes. I hope they engage really snappy. See the reasoning for all the clutch questions is I have never ran aluminum shoes before I always used carbon. But I noticed that what I was using wasnt hooking up properly because my clutch bell would get burned, all the way around it would be purple. And I would dremel it off outside and inside weekly, and my carbon shoes dont even look used at all almost a gallon later. I do know that the coloration on the bell is from slippage and I dont want that no more. The TR is the only truck that ever happened to me with so I just attributed it to the weight of it. But now that I fell in love with racing it I went ahead and spent the $ and went to aluminum. What do I do for prepping the new bell and shoes before installing them? Robert I checked KMW but they are shut down right now, dont they sell different susp blocks and shock towers and a few other things for the TR?
Old 05-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

im not sure i just know KMW sells shocks for the TR
Old 05-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys.

Just wanted to say thanks for the insight on Matrix TR, helped out a lot. Got my truck working pretty well. Still not 100% happy with the shocks, but just installed the reservoirs and different springs. I’m just running around my house and might go race shortly. Haven’t driven in 10 years, these 1/8 trucks are super fun, built a rhythm section @ my house.

Great truck, good times...

Andrew, I installed those 17MM hubs. Any better shims?? I used ofna 8mm and I would like to see a shim with a larger OD??? Feelings?

Thx,

SIXPAC

Sorry on the photo size, new to this...
Old 05-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Why don't you like the stock CEN shocks? Mine seem to be just fine. If your not happy with the stock CEN shocks then you can switch to the Mugen shocks. I have seen people using shocks from the Mugen MBX5T.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

it seems like I'm getting blowbye past the piston. I'm running losi 80W with #1 pistons,
with red kysho springs. when I drop test it smacks the ground (waist height) I'm sure it will be fine for the tracks, its just when I hit my 20' triple it smacks the take off pretty good. I just don't want to wear threw the diff releif. I was thinking jammin or kysho shocks if the res don't help. I just think if CEN made some works machined shocks our trucks would be deadly!

any progressive springs?

how much are the mugen shocks and do they have machined pistons?
Old 05-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Sixpac, try using two of the small washer on each side of the pistons instead of one. We were having problems with the washer slightly getting bent and then the piston would tilt sideways and the suspension would do exactly what you are talking about. With the two washers on top and bottom of the pistons problem solved. We run #1 piston in the front with Losi 60wt and #2 with Cen 30wt in the rear on the stock TR.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey thanks, Ill give that a try. I want to run all CEN parts and don’t want to spend the money on new shocks. It just seems that plastic pistons are not ideal materials to be used. I would like to see a brass piston with a wear band (or something similar) you could do so much more with shocks and these trucks need it IMO.

With that set up do you guys have big jumps ETC??? The local track revelation has some big $hit... Not calling you guys out, just want my truck to work. I know these trucks are built to smack the earth; I just want to control it better!

Post up some photos and videos of your trucks. Sounds like you guys are the team to beat out of FL. You come out to CA much??

Any feelings on the wheel shims??

Robert, how is the Havasu track??? I grew up on the lake and river and still go out a bunch. To small for a 1/8? You know Shawn doggy out there???

Thanks post up some photos and flicks ALL.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

sixpac- i live in so-cal but go to havasu a lot the track it pretty cool never ran on it but it looks sweet when i go out there next month i might bring my gear and race
Old 05-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can you post a link or part number for the washer. My issues is when I come off a jump the back of the truck bounces up. I have the red Mugen springs with stock Cen Shocks and Stock RTR Oil in the back of my Cen Matrix TR.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

I havent had any problems since ive figure out my set up which is #2 all around 60wt fr and 35wt rear AE oils and I beat my truck up pretty good. You need to change the oil frequently, I do about every 2-3 quarts. I love the stock shocks, I bought everything to rebuild them but never had to yet. These are the most durable shocks "internals wise" I have ever seen. I am happy with the stock springs but I do wish Cen would make at least options for us.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SavageSpawn
Can you post a link or part number for the washer. My issues is when I come off a jump the back of the truck bounces up. I have the red Mugen springs with stock Cen Shocks and Stock RTR Oil in the back of my Cen Matrix TR.
Just put some heavier oil in the shocks, it will be fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.