Like Tree1Likes

CEN Matrix TR

Old 03-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

check ebay for the chassis plate.. there was another company making them!!! unsure of the name
Old 03-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

It's nevermiss. They are 35 shipped. Kinda steep but....I emailed them to get the measurements. Wanna see if it will fit on my new box.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Robert,

It stays idling perfectly fine, but when I squeeze the throttle it flames out. plenty of smoke so when its running, its not running lean. It looks like its got an air leak somewhere, because after it stalls, I have to put it on the starter box for a bit to get fuel to the carby.

I have to get out there and figure out where the hell the air leak is coming from.

Jase
Old 03-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thorin
Robert,

It stays idling perfectly fine, but when I squeeze the throttle it flames out. plenty of smoke so when its running, its not running lean. It looks like its got an air leak somewhere, because after it stalls, I have to put it on the starter box for a bit to get fuel to the carby.

I have to get out there and figure out where the hell the air leak is coming from.

Jase
Remove the fuel tank and block off one of the lines and blow air through the other line while holding it under water. Look for little air bubbles. May also want to replace all the fuel lines with new.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thorin
I had a similar problem to what you are explaining. My problem ended up being the carb was shooting fuel into the air filter which would saturate the air filter not allowing enough air to pass through when I would punch it.

So just check your filter to make sure it doesn’t have any fuel in it. Also you could pull your filter off and turn it over. If there is tons of fuel coming out of the carb I would check the needle settings again.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Is anyone running an OS VG30? The way the manual says to set it to factory settings is stupid. Its a certain number of turns out for the high speed needle, but the low speed needle it says has to be flush with the thing that connects to the throttle servo, and thats bloody hard to get 100% right. Does anyone have suggestions as to x number of turns from all the way in to get it right?

I'll check the filter thing today. That could be it, but i haven't checked for air leaks in the tank yet, and I think that might be why there is no fuel in the line when I get to WOT. the pressure increases just enough for a slight air leak to happen stopping the fuel pressure.

Will check back later with results.

Jase
Old 03-09-2008, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I want to replace the dogbones with CVD's. I think it was Kyosho but not sure. Can someone list exacty what parts to use? Thanks!
Old 03-10-2008, 01:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Titanium Turnbuckles for CEN Matrix Truggy

Can anyone point me where I can find Titanium turnbuckles for CEN Matrix truggy?

I've been to Lunsford's site and can't find a set that has the same dimension of the stock turnbuckles .

Thanks.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

As far as I know the people that are running titanium turnbuckles the whole upper turnbuckle needs to be changed. Here is a link if your are looking to convert.

http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...howtopic=13739
Old 03-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

I am still using the hingepin mod to my turnbuckles. I just hate having to adjust them with a wrench. I ran them the entire season with no problems last year.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Well guys, finally done !! ... i just tested it outside the appartment and all seems OK, will touch dirt next weekend.

Im just painting the body and will be 100% ready. The engine and pipe its just temporal until i break inn the GO TECH .25 and .28 engine to fit on (with FEMCA 0801 pipe).

Here we go :

cya !!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

I am still using the hingepin mod to my turnbuckles. I just hate having to adjust them with a wrench. I ran them the entire season with no problems last year.
03-11-2008 07:03 AM
TripleX-JT As far as I know the people that are running titanium turnbuckles the whole upper turnbuckle needs to be changed. Here is a link if your are looking to convert.

http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...howtopic=13739
03-10-2008 09:19 PM
Gaucho Can anyone point me where I can find Titanium turnbuckles for CEN Matrix truggy?

I've been to Lunsford's site and can't find a set that has the same dimension of the stock turnbuckles .

Thanks.
I would highly recommend using Gene's turnbuckle upgrade - they are solid 7075 aluminium so they are strong but are 6 grams lighter than the stock ones and can be adjusted with a 7mm wrench (and no need to ram hinge pins thru em!).

You can buy them from Gene's store or ebay -

http://cgi.ebay.com/CEN-Matrix-TR-Ar...QQcmdZViewItem

Here's how they look on one of mine (you can also see Gene's ackerman plate too - also highly recommended)
Attached Thumbnails CEN Matrix TR-turnbuckle.jpg  
Old 03-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic
I want to replace the dogbones with CVD's. I think it was Kyosho but not sure. Can someone list exacty what parts to use? Thanks!
I am using Kyosho Universals I bought from AMainhobbies(part # KYOIFW308) for the center/front & (part # KYOISW502) for the center/rear. I think the rear is a little too long though I had to modify it slightly so it wouldn't bind.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just got the Matrix TR RTR with the .28 in it. I'm getting a starter box, probably the Ofna Chrome top. Will I have to remove to the pull starter on it
and put a different backplate in it to remove the engine spacer? Or will the starter box wheel reach it if I leave the pull start on? The reason I ask, is that if I can leave the pull start on I will....I dont plan on racing....

Thanks!

Last edited by Momo5; 03-18-2008 at 02:26 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Tree, I'm using those same universals and they fit fine, had to grind pins a little so they didn't bind with brake discs, I haven't done the small sur conversion, that is where you might have run into problems. How did you modify it to work? Pooldoc

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.