R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-05-2007, 01:34 PM   #916
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to annie_himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockmouth View Post
This is the first ever LA Nitro Open. The other races you might be thinking about are the LA Point Series Races.

FLR is the place where this race was held. There was also 2 rounds of the Point Series Races held there also.
I remember the points series and the Open. I swear it, maybe I'm crazy.
annie_himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:05 PM   #917
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooldoc View Post
Lock, did you change front and rear pinion and rings too,or just the center? Any word on a release date for the bce chassis?
Yea I changed the ring and pinion along with the center spur. I have no idea when the chassis will be released

HOTBODIES RACING / FULL THROTTLE RACEWAY (OWNER / OPERATOR)
lockmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:14 PM   #918
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to RACING MASON

Revo
CEN Matrix TR FRE
RACING MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #919
Tech Apprentice

How much bigger are the Jammin super big bore vs the stock Cen Shocks? Can anyone post some pics?
Old 11-06-2007, 02:20 PM   #920
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockmouth View Post
Yea I changed the ring and pinion along with the center spur. I have no idea when the chassis will be released
how is the gearing with the buggy ring and pinion along with the spur?...how did it affect it?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:36 PM   #921
Tech Fanatic

well in the early days... back when we first started converting buggies.. we ran a 12 bell and 48 spur.. it was pretty rough.. result was blown clutches.. and poor snap from any motor that wasnt just a Beast!!!... during this time my fav motor was a Picco G1 BV Paris MOD.. tons of bottom..

even with all the bottom in that motor.. I would suggest not trying it.. you will just be dissapointed..

You could order some HB lightning parts and regear the front and rear diff........ then use the buggy spur... But it would be a trial and error thing... Lockmouth can help on this. maybe even with part numbers...

LOCKMOUTH.. I know some others and myself interested in what part numbers required for the diffs.. and any other goodies..

I also wanted to know what rear center cvd you are running?
rregl0612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #922
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skully44420 View Post
how is the gearing with the buggy ring and pinion along with the spur?...how did it affect it?
I believe the buggy ring and pinion are the same size.. wich is the reason for the large spur on the Truggy.. not positive.. but 99%
Old 11-06-2007, 07:13 PM   #923
Tech Master

I have good news guys, but first let me clear up these diff questions.

Quote:
I'm using the Hotbodies ring and pinion with a 48 tooth lighten kyosho spur with a 14 tooth clutch bell. I'll run a 15 tooth clutch bell also just depends. The truck is just awesome with this gearing. You would have to drive to see what I'm talking about

Quote:
I believe the buggy ring and pinion are the same size.. wich is the reason for the large spur on the Truggy.. not positive.. but 99%
Your wrong on this one... The buggy uses a 26 tooth ring gear, 9 tooth pinion gear, and 46 tooth spur gear..... The truggy uses a 38 tooth ring gear, 11 tooth pinion, and a 66 tooth spur.

Guys the BCE conversion really bring something totally different to the table. The truck is so light, this alone enhances everything you could think of. With the Jammin super bore shocks the suspension is off the hook. These shock are the best on the market, A big plus if you want to spend the $$. To me it looks as if I'm going slow, but I'm alway finishing at the top of my heat At my last race 13 laps was the magic number, until our last heat when a pulled out a 14 lapper. I came off the stand, an my pitman said I was flying but to me I still looked slow. I said all this to say that the truck is so stable that it just doesn't get out of shape easy. ( 've been balancing all my wheels lately an this is a must for me now )

Ok to the good news: Bill called me today, an he said that the Cen C2X PRO is coming soon. He has been super busy with his Jammin PJX project, but since all the major races on over he will be spending more time in the shop.

Cen has been doing awesome here lately. Guys we just need to stick with it. I know there are alot of thing being released, but I really fell that we have a great truggy in the Matrix TR. Just set small goals like dominating your club races, then move on to other small races. I'm no pro by no means, but when I'm at my local track I'm repping CEN all day and I alway make sure my truggy is on the track working. I have collected hardware at my last four races. I'm getting faster and better everytime I'm out with my TR. I have several guys telling me that the CEN truck is really working for me.

I have one of the local guys running the Matrix TR , an he is lovin it. If ya just sit down an address any problem you have ever had with the truggy, you will have great results . TEAM CEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #1

Old 11-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #924
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

whats the cen c2x pro???........enless its the samething im thinking of but a different name
Old 11-08-2007, 08:57 AM   #925
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

its the BCE chaisis,

also lockmounth, the RTR buggy comes with the 26/9 gearing, but the FRE comes with the same 38/11 as the truggy,
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #926
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobf24 View Post
its the BCE chaisis,

also lockmounth, the RTR buggy comes with the 26/9 gearing, but the FRE comes with the same 38/11 as the truggy,
Ok, the gears I counted where out of a RTR.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:41 AM   #927
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to motoazure

I ran the Jammin Big Bores yesterday.... made a really big difference. The truggy was great!!

I ran the Hard Gray springs on both my truggy and associated RC8. I could probably get on step harder springs on the truggy.

I couldn't use the supplied shock mount on the front because of the body mount plate. I used the supplied screw, but had to use the stock Jammin shock post. The rear worked fine.
motoazure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:44 AM   #928
Tech Master

The CEN Matrix Pro FRE and the Matrix TR Arena FRE use the same ring & pinion gears.

The Matrix RTR and the TR Arena RTR use the same ring & pinion (different then the FRE).
Machine's R/C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:45 PM   #929
Tech Fanatic

So Lockmouth... What center CVD is that.. just noticed you left that out???

: ))
Old 11-12-2007, 03:13 PM   #930
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rregl0612 View Post
So Lockmouth... What center CVD is that.. just noticed you left that out???

: ))
I'm running some proto-type CEN aluminum center shafts ( front & rear ) They are stupid light weight They fell like a air filter element in my hand

I did have a kyosho center universal in the front, but I changed it out. The CEN center shafts are sweet They should be out soon.