R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #901
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Ont. Can
Posts: 399
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

What is the differance in weight between alum. shock towers and the Carbon fiber? Has anyone weighed them? Has anyone broken the Extreme racing towers? I dont really trust Carbon Fiber because I like to crash alot. Any need to double up the front tower?
__________________
RYAN MCKAY
Owner / Operator of The BarnYard. 1/5 outdoor, 1/8 out/indoor, 1/10 indoor.
teamcracing.net
sweepracingusa.com
smc-racing.net
fuzz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 01:38 PM   #902
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: chester ny
Posts: 660
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Questions?? used TR prices

what are used trucks going for? my season is over and I have brushless stuff on my mind.

hot mods p5 with 2 tanks since a beautiful pinch job. always preheated to 200 and never run over 260.


TR truggy with futaba 9450 servos and lipo reciever and genes dif stuff.

2 sets of tires in like new condition.

the usual amount of extra parts like shocks and difs and cups ETC.

so what do you think it is worth?
auto2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:17 PM   #903
Tech Initiate
 
Skully44420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

so i got a question for you guys...right now i'm just using the LSD diffs...i plan on going with the pinned diffs but i just wanna know what a good setup for the stock diffs...right now i have 10kcenter 7kfront and 5krear...it seems like it just wants to spin out quite a bit...any suggestion?...thanks guys...oh yeah the track i'm gonna be running on is pretty hard and smooth too other than a couple spots...tight turns...pretty good size straight away...gonna be runnin' 0 offset narrowed hpi rims with CF MTR and molded foams...
__________________
CEN Matrix TR FRE...self modded SH .28 P6...Dynamite 053...Spektrum
Skully44420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:03 AM   #904
Tech Master
 
lockmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DIRTY SOUTH LOUISIANA
Posts: 1,388
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

CEN MATRIX TR takes the TQ at the first annual LA NITRO OPEN

My truggy was awesome all weekend, I had the only truggy to turn 14 laps in the sportmans class

I never really pushed the truggy hard (rolled most of the jumps) but I was 1st or 2nd in every qualifier. I was very fast in the whoop section and rough stuff, so this is where i made my time up. My Pro Twister Mod Go .21 7 port was going 10 minutes a pit stop, so this really helped .

I was in 1st coming down the front straight, when I got hit by another racer, snapping a turnbuckle... ending my weekend. ( we had been going at it all weekend, so it was just a honest accident)

Everyone was coming to my pit area telling me how bad azz my truggy looked on an off he track. Cen is really on the move

__________________
MARIO KNOX

HOTBODIES RACING / FULL THROTTLE RACEWAY (OWNER / OPERATOR)
lockmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:07 AM   #905
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Passed Out
Posts: 69
Default

Have any of you guys tried the KMW shocks? They look pretty sweet im just curious how they perform.
Webs215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:22 AM   #906
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: North Port, Florida
Posts: 1,116
Default

I use the KMW on my buggy.

For stock diffs, try 5/5/5 or grease/5/grease
__________________
VP-Pro USA - www.raceVPpro.com
Agama USA - www.AgamaUSA.com
Maxy's Fuel - www.Maxysfuel.com
Machine's R/C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:13 AM   #907
Tech Initiate
 
Skully44420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 35
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

right on thank you Gene!!
__________________
CEN Matrix TR FRE...self modded SH .28 P6...Dynamite 053...Spektrum
Skully44420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:27 AM   #908
Tech Master
 
RACING MASON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lake Havasu City Az
Posts: 1,395
Send a message via ICQ to RACING MASON
Default

Congrats Lockmouth
__________________
R.C. SYNDICATE RACING
Lake Havasu City AZ
Slash
Revo
CEN Matrix TR FRE
RACING MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:38 PM   #909
Tech Elite
 
slaytanic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,171
Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)
Default

Okay so I have a question. What would stop me from converting to the buggy spur gear. I know I would need the steering top plate and the chassis braces that I would have to drill the chassis for. And I guess the radio tray due to how high the servo is mounted. But what other issues am I missing? I'm trying to lighten it up a bit and figured this would take a big chunk off and reduce rotational mass.
slaytanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:44 PM   #910
Tech Addict
 
TripleX-JT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Abrams, WI
Posts: 662
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to TripleX-JT
Default

Is anyone running a 4 - shoe clutch. If so what brand? What is the advantages or disadvantages?

Thanks
Josh Thompson
TripleX-JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:25 PM   #911
Tech Master
 
annie_himself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Baton Rouge, La
Posts: 1,268
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to annie_himself
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockmouth View Post
CEN MATRIX TR takes the TQ at the first annual LA NITRO OPEN

My truggy was awesome all weekend, I had the only truggy to turn 14 laps in the sportmans class

I never really pushed the truggy hard (rolled most of the jumps) but I was 1st or 2nd in every qualifier. I was very fast in the whoop section and rough stuff, so this is where i made my time up. My Pro Twister Mod Go .21 7 port was going 10 minutes a pit stop, so this really helped .

I was in 1st coming down the front straight, when I got hit by another racer, snapping a turnbuckle... ending my weekend. ( we had been going at it all weekend, so it was just a honest accident)

Everyone was coming to my pit area telling me how bad azz my truggy looked on an off he track. Cen is really on the move

Congratulations. But this is like the 2nd or 3nd LA Open. I remember the previous races.

Edit: Have you heard about FLR?
annie_himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #912
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Puyallup, WA (Seattle Area)
Posts: 896
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to motoazure
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaytanic View Post
Okay so I have a question. What would stop me from converting to the buggy spur gear. I know I would need the steering top plate and the chassis braces that I would have to drill the chassis for. And I guess the radio tray due to how high the servo is mounted. But what other issues am I missing? I'm trying to lighten it up a bit and figured this would take a big chunk off and reduce rotational mass.
The overall gearing won't be right so you'll need to change the front and rear diff pinions and ring gear.

I don't know if Lockmouth has posted his conversion, but he has done it.
motoazure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:43 PM   #913
Tech Master
 
lockmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DIRTY SOUTH LOUISIANA
Posts: 1,388
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Congratulations. But this is like the 2nd or 3nd LA Open. I remember the previous races.

Edit: Have you heard about FLR?
This is the first ever LA Nitro Open. The other races you might be thinking about are the LA Point Series Races.

FLR is the place where this race was held. There was also 2 rounds of the Point Series Races held there also.
__________________
MARIO KNOX

HOTBODIES RACING / FULL THROTTLE RACEWAY (OWNER / OPERATOR)
lockmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:50 PM   #914
Tech Master
 
lockmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DIRTY SOUTH LOUISIANA
Posts: 1,388
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoazure View Post
The overall gearing won't be right so you'll need to change the front and rear diff pinions and ring gear.

I don't know if Lockmouth has posted his conversion, but he has done it.
You would need the BCE chassis if you what to run the smaller spur gear. The only other way would be to modify the motor mounting holes, so you could slide the engine over far enough to reach the smaller spur.

I have the BCE chassis, so everthing was pretty simple. Bill has yet to release these chassis, so modding the mount holes would be your best bet for now.
__________________
MARIO KNOX

HOTBODIES RACING / FULL THROTTLE RACEWAY (OWNER / OPERATOR)
lockmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:58 PM   #915
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 696
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Lock, did you change front and rear pinion and rings too,or just the center? Any word on a release date for the bce chassis?
pooldoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cen matrix CHAVAN30 Nitro Off-Road 1177 08-05-2011 05:23 PM
CEN MATRIX FRE helivaguy Nitro Off-Road 4 08-27-2008 05:52 PM
Cen Matrix dieseldog20 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 02-06-2008 05:31 PM
Matrix and Matrix TR Factory Race Edition Kits SmoothB R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 05-31-2007 05:36 PM
Dye matrix 5 and DYE matrix 4 w/ tanks and halos for sale yuk17bandit Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 11-07-2006 10:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:47 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net