R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-23-2007, 11:31 AM   #331
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobf24
I've been using a TTR/AE box with my truck, it looks alot like the 2nd link you have, I've also seen the chrome top ofna work fine as well, I think either of the two you linked will work fine thgouh, the CEN's arn't like the losi and dont need to be 100% perfectly aligned on the box, with the wheel chamfered and all that extra stuff, I've actually got one TTR box set up that I can start both my buggy and truggy on the same box, neither car fits on perfectly, but both fit on pretty decently, so for club racing or practice, where I dont need to have a pit guy fire it quickly, it saves me having to carry the 2nd box,
Thanks Bob so this is the one you are talking about http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2490. Thanks again and man I can not wait to get my CEN matrix tr and the FRE. It is domanating on the east coast and I am going to be one of the first people at my lhs to race it so it will be domanating here in texas also.
Hudy
Max Power
Majestic Rc
Upgrade RC
RCID
Coopz Lidz(Amazing Work)
Werks Racing
Toys4BigBoys
Rcmtracer.com
losi8ight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:00 PM   #332
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

yup thats the box I use, been using it for 3 years now and never had an issue, to get both cars to work on one box, I had to drill a hole in the plate at the back to mount the post, it lines up on the truck between the chaisis and the left rear arm, and on the buggy the post fits in a hole on the left rear arm, I'm not really sure where the front is lining up thgouh, just kind of where ever,
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:12 PM   #333
Tech Initiate

Gene - I've seen a couple posts regarding grinding the front arms for more travel and the steering knuckles for more steering.

I run the CNC knuckles already. Are you referring to grinding those as well or just the cast knuckles? I've got my dremel all ready to go....

e.
dahlelama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:17 PM   #334
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobf24
yup thats the box I use, been using it for 3 years now and never had an issue, to get both cars to work on one box, I had to drill a hole in the plate at the back to mount the post, it lines up on the truck between the chaisis and the left rear arm, and on the buggy the post fits in a hole on the left rear arm, I'm not really sure where the front is lining up thgouh, just kind of where ever,
Thanks Bob would you by any chance have a picture of where you cut the plate and put the mount in. If not thats ok just thought I would ask. Thanks again. I have one more question ok maybe 2 1st- will the dace 17mm adpters for the mbx5t fit on the Cen even if I would have to do some shimming and would I want the 9mm or 12mm ones if they fit. 2nd will the jconcepts mbx5t body work on the CEN even with some modifactions to it. Also will the proline crowd pleaser fit the CEN also with some mods to it. I just ask these questions becasue I have alot of experience with any other buggy and truggy but just not CEN and I am going to be racing for them so I want to find out as much as I can in a little amount of time. Thanks again. O yeah one more questions what are good spare parts to keep on me besides extra clutch setups and shock setups. Thanks again.
Hudy
Max Power
Majestic Rc
Upgrade RC
RCID
Coopz Lidz(Amazing Work)
Werks Racing
Toys4BigBoys
Rcmtracer.com
Old 04-23-2007, 04:32 PM   #335
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Both the jconcepts mbx5t body and proline crowd pleazer 2.0 MSR body fit...I've got one of each.
chucked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:37 PM   #336
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi8ight
Thanks Bob would you by any chance have a picture of where you cut the plate and put the mount in. If not thats ok just thought I would ask. Thanks again. I have one more question ok maybe 2 1st- will the dace 17mm adpters for the mbx5t fit on the Cen even if I would have to do some shimming and would I want the 9mm or 12mm ones if they fit. 2nd will the jconcepts mbx5t body work on the CEN even with some modifactions to it. Also will the proline crowd pleaser fit the CEN also with some mods to it. I just ask these questions becasue I have alot of experience with any other buggy and truggy but just not CEN and I am going to be racing for them so I want to find out as much as I can in a little amount of time. Thanks again. O yeah one more questions what are good spare parts to keep on me besides extra clutch setups and shock setups. Thanks again.
Gizmo used the Jammin/Kyosho Dace 17mm hubs (9mm off set and the jconcept MBX 5T body on his Matrix TR

Check out this thread on truggyracers

http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/in...howtopic=10135
lockmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:45 PM   #337
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlelama
Gene - I've seen a couple posts regarding grinding the front arms for more travel and the steering knuckles for more steering.

I run the CNC knuckles already. Are you referring to grinding those as well or just the cast knuckles? I've got my dremel all ready to go....

e.
Shaving the knuckle will give you more throw, but the TR already turns on a dime. I shaved mine because you can never have to much steering You have the 19' caster blocks so you should be god to go on the down travel I think. My TR turns with little effort. I love this truggy.
lockmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:03 PM   #338
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

pics from US Gas Champs and a few from JBRL round 1

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-23-2007, 10:46 PM   #339
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

robert, is that u?
the shots are great. definitely love the truggy. the track looks awesome.
is that a ninja engine?
Old 04-24-2007, 05:15 AM   #340
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

no I dont have a pic, if I remebr I will try and take one, but I can't promise anything, its not hard to get lined up thgouh, just line the truggy up like I said, and then the buggy should fit on after, that was the way I did it, I set the box up for the truck, and then figured what the heck lets try the buggy on the truggy box, and it worked, it wasn't a planned thing lol,
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 07:04 AM   #341
Tech Adept

Default Ok

Ok thanks Bob I will do that. Hey Rob sweet pics and that is you right.
Hudy
Max Power
Majestic Rc
Upgrade RC
RCID
Coopz Lidz(Amazing Work)
Werks Racing
Toys4BigBoys
Rcmtracer.com
Old 04-24-2007, 07:13 AM   #342
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

yea guys thats me and the truggy

jfc_tech it was a ninja now its a nova rossi and in like 2 weeks it will be a radical and the nova rossi will be in the buggy
Old 04-24-2007, 07:50 AM   #343
Tech Master

Grind the CNC Knuckles also for more throw. Grind the stock caster blocks and arms for more down travel.
Machine's R/C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:00 AM   #344
Tech Master

Cen did a great jon at the 5th annual Alabama Indoor Classic, but we all had bad luck in the mains.

Round 1 Pro Buggy - I TQ'd by 6 seconds over 2nd place. Round 2 Buggy - I broke off my wing but had the fastest lap of the day - 34.1 - by more then 1 second. Round 3 - Andy Smolnik and I had top 6 runs. I should have qualified about 3rd or 4th by points but they used your 2 fastest times so I was 5th and Andy was 4th. At the start of the A-main, I worked my way up from 7th to 2nd by the 1st pit stop. A little over half way I took the lead from Ryan Lopez. I streatched out an 8 second lead with 6 minutes to go and we had lapped the whole field but then I broke a clutch bell after nose diving the 40 foot double. But Travis Scrambling worked his way into 2nd place, only his 2nd time racing the Matrix.

Round 1 of Pro Truck - I broke a connecting rod, and Andy Smolnik TQ'd with the only 9 lap run. Round 2 I TQ'd with the only 9 lap run. In round 3 Andy TQ'd with the only 9 lap run and I took 2nd with an 8 lap 5:00.14
We qwualified 1st and 2nd and Corey Johnson rounded out the top 3 with his Matrix TR Arena. Tony Pattishall also was in the A-main with his Matrix TR Arena. But in the main, my new engine flammed out on the grid so I started 2 laps down and it took about 15 minutes to get my engine tuned right. Andy was leading but his engine richened up also and he flammed out. I think Corey finished 3rd or 4th.
Machine's R/C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #345
Tech Adept

Default Sounds

Sounds like some real great racing. Just got off the phone with Ken at CEN asking him what Diff oil to run in the lsd diff and he said just run diff grease from a automotive store. So I am just going to run that untill I get the Gene cross pin coversion or wait untill they update there diffs. So well my matrix tr should be here friday or saturday for sure and I will start the build and then not this saturday but the next saturday we have our round 2 rc pro series race here in san antonio T.X. so I will try my hardest to have it ready and dialed in by then. I will let you guys know how it goes and am very excited to be racing for CEN.
Hudy
Max Power
Majestic Rc
Upgrade RC
RCID
Coopz Lidz(Amazing Work)
Werks Racing
Toys4BigBoys
Rcmtracer.com