Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

CEN Matrix TR

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

It comes with LSD diffs. I sell a converstion kit to make them standard style diffs.

Matrix TR Arena Pictures
Old 03-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ightScale/CJP
HSC5996TG_ 6V torque 108 oz-in
HSC5997TG_ 6V torque 181 oz-in
HSC5998TG_ 6V torque 300 oz-in

These torque numbers should be pretty close. I know the 5997 is 181 because I've used that one in a buggy and truggy.

actually there not close at all 108 oz wont even last as steering 181 will barley do it and 300oz is your answer for sure
Old 03-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Get this one for truggy:
HRC35955S 333 oz tq

Old 03-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've got two question about the Arena TR.

1. Can I use any brand of clutch bell/shoes such as mugen or the vented ofna bells?

2. Will MAXX size tires fit the stock matrix wheels? Tires such as the Panther Switches?
Old 03-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

you can use any brand of clutch bell as far as I know, I know Ive use Mugen and TTR, as well as the CEN ones, I'm not sure for shoes, personally I always get the same companies flywheel, I think the TTR shoes will fit the CEN flywheel thgouh, they are basically the same flywheel,
Old 03-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Chuck,

Good Question. The best clutch system, flywheel and shoes, for the Matrix are in fact the CEN Brand items.

GSS16 Aluminum Blue clutch shoes
MXs21 1.1 Gold Clutch Springs
MX053 Flywheel
and MXS17 Clutch Bell

The other brand clutch shoes that do fit onto our flywheel are Jammin, Mugen, and OFNA. And vice versa.

Clutch bells are pretty much interchangable throughout, but you may need to shim them differently from brand to brand.

The Stock rims that come with the Matrix Arena TR will only accept CEN tires. If you want to use other brand tires, such as Switches, Bowties, holeshots etc, you will need to purchase a standard rim such as Pro-Line's 23mm Hex Truggy rim. Both the 1/2" offset and 0 offset rims fit nicely.

Thanks for your interest in CEN Racing.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for your help. I ended up getting the Hitec HS-5955TG servo for my steering when I bought the kit. I will be getting the 1/2" offset wheels with some crime fighter tires (I ran those last year on my old truggy they seemed to hook-up nice)

I am pretty sure I am going to power my truggy with the LRP Spec 3 .28 truggy engine and a JP-3 pipe.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

sounds good ildrvr your gonna love that TR
its such a good truggy it cant dissapoint anyone
Old 03-30-2007, 02:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Robert.Hull
actually there not close at all 108 oz wont even last as steering 181 will barley do it and 300oz is your answer for sure
NOT SURE SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY NOT CLOSE. I WASN'T POSTING WHAT SERVO WILL OR WON'T WORK FOR STEERING. I JUST SAID WHAT THE TORQUE IS FOR THOSE 3 HITEC SERVOS.

BTW YOU DON'T NEED 300+ oz-in OF TORQUE TO STEER A TRUGGY. IT DOESN'T HURT TO HAVE THAT MUCH, BUT IT'S NOT NECESSARY.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Smolnik
Thanks for your interest in CEN Racing.
Andrew, good to see you on this thread. It's cool when you and other Pros are on these forums to help your present and future customers.
I met you that Friday of buggy qualifying @ this years Nitro Challenge @ "The Pit". You got your TR out of your ride just for me to take a look @ it, and I didn't even ask you to since you were running buggy that day. I like the style of the TR and it's got some good press in the mags. That small gesture you made at the Nitro Challenge, pushed me more towards the buying the CEN TR when I make my decision this summer.
The TR doesn't have the numbers at the tracks like some of the other brands, but to me that's a good thing, because when you're out on the track kickin some @ss, people will be asking damn, what's that your driving.
I see the other top truggy brands at the track when I go race, and I like something about all of them, but the fact that the TR is new, good reviews in the magazines, and talking to you for a few minutes is what will have me probably wheelin' a TR this summer.

BTW thanks for not talking to me like a salesman when you showed me your TR. You didn't say anything about the truggys on the market right now, you didn't say the TR is better than the others and you didn't even suggest I buy the TR. You pointed out some of the features on the TR and just let me check it out, and you answered my questions. I approached you at the track, so it was obvious I was interested in the TR already. Besides, there was only buggy races that Friday, and I was asking about your truggy.

Thanks again and good luck in all the big races this year!
Old 03-30-2007, 03:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Machine's R/C H
It comes with LSD diffs. I sell a converstion kit to make them standard style diffs.

Matrix TR Arena Pictures
Thanks
Old 03-30-2007, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

if you are racing on a tight track.. or you clip alot of pipes. a aluminum upper bellcrank may be a good investment! : )
I learned this the hard way it seems to be a weak point..
Otherwise the truggy seems excellent awesome on power steering almost too much.. turns on a dime .. .. see yall soon...
Old 03-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

NOT SURE SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY NOT CLOSE. I WASN'T POSTING WHAT SERVO WILL OR WON'T WORK FOR STEERING. I JUST SAID WHAT THE TORQUE IS FOR THOSE 3 HITEC SERVOS.

BTW YOU DON'T NEED 300+ oz-in OF TORQUE TO STEER A TRUGGY. IT DOESN'T HURT TO HAVE THAT MUCH, BUT IT'S NOT NECESSARY.

how on earth are you gonna TELL me what is needed to steer the TR???
and yes you do need atleast 200 or it aint gonna last to long or turn to well in some areas

and you said"the torqe numbers should be pretty close" and i said NO there not close
Old 03-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Robert.Hull
how on earth are you gonna TELL me what is needed to steer the TR???
and yes you do need atleast 200 or it aint gonna last to long or turn to well in some areas

and you said"the torqe numbers should be pretty close" and i said NO there not close
Robert, look dude, I didn't say what's needed to steer the TR. And I didn't say how long a servo would last either.

And for the numbers being close, I was talking about the numbers being close to what the actual torque rating is for the servo @ 6volts. Not close to what you need to steer anything!

BTW the Hitec 5997TG with just 181 oz-in of torque will steer the TR and any other truggy. And it will last a long time. If you read my post, I said this is the one I used in a truggy and never had any problems with it.

People are on this thread because they like the TR wether they have one already, or might get one. Since you have the TR, why don't you just post something helpful and say you think the TR will steer a lot better with a servo that has more than 200 oz-in of torque. Don't say less than that won't work or won't last long. You don't know how long different servo brands will last. I doubt that you have used all servos on the market.

Don't act like you know how many "Farts" it takes to fill a garbage bag, because you don't know .....Do you
Old 03-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Robert, look dude, I didn't say what's needed to steer the TR. And I didn't say how long a servo would last either.

And for the numbers being close, I was talking about the numbers being close to what the actual torque rating is for the servo @ 6volts. Not close to what you need to steer anything!

BTW the Hitec 5997TG with just 181 oz-in of torque will steer the TR and any other truggy. And it will last a long time. If you read my post, I said this is the one I used in a truggy and never had any problems with it.

People are on this thread because they like the TR wether they have one already, or might get one. Since you have the TR, why don't you just post something helpful and say you think the TR will steer a lot better with a servo that has more than 200 oz-in of torque. Don't say less than that won't work or won't last long. You don't know how long different servo brands will last. I doubt that you have used all servos on the market.

Don't act like you know how many "Farts" it takes to fill a garbage bag, because you don't know .....Do you

well im done helping you just to get things straight i was talking about the torque rating as you said i wasnt, and i have used airtronice futaba and hitec so dont tell me i havent i know you dont know who i am so dont come talking to me like a begannier and i told you that 333 or over 200 would work better and last long because if you run a race with a 181 then go to a 300 or something close to that you will know why i told you 333 or 300 would be best i have a TR i race with plenty of people with TRs i know excactly what im talking about when i tell what servo will work BEST and steer the best with even the roughest tracks

but im done with if you thought i was wrong or i was just totally bull****in on what i said all you had to do was ignore it alls i want to do is help others out and move on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.