Like Tree1Likes

CEN Matrix TR

Old 03-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default My new lid

and some action photo's

Last edited by wriffwraff; 03-01-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Nice look'n body, what one is that?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bdobby
Nice look'n body, what one is that?
The yellow body is a JConcept MBX6T body. The color is Pactra bright yellow with a white backcoating. It doesn't look bright yellow to me though. It's mild... sort of a vintage yellow, which works well for the Yamaha MX theme, you know? JConcept also offers another body for the MBX6T. It's similiar to the Losi 8T 2.0 body style. I'd like to try that one next.

The silver and orange body is a Reckward Tuning "Symbio T1" body. The colors are indy silver and flourescent orange with a white backcoating. That body comes pre-cut and trimmed, which is a real time saver.

Last edited by wriffwraff; 03-04-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Cen Matrix

Here is the one I used to have
Attached Thumbnails CEN Matrix TR-nitro-cars-011.jpg  
Old 03-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey Wriff,
Do you know if the Proline Bull Dog body for the MBX-6T will fir the TR Arena? They look very similar. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default Reply to Tree

I don't know for certain if the proline MBX6T would fit, however, I don't see why it wouldn't. Matter of fact, it doesn't go over the rear shock towers, so you might not have to alter it at all, you know? That's specifically why I want to try JConcepts new MBX6T body. I'm tired of dealing with the rear towers. Hope this helps.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

man I haven't seen a cen truggy in forever..nice body there man
Old 03-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by wriffwraff
I don't know for certain if the proline MBX6T would fit, however, I don't see why it wouldn't. Matter of fact, it doesn't go over the rear shock towers, so you might not have to alter it at all, you know? That's specifically why I want to try JConcepts new MBX6T body. I'm tired of dealing with the rear towers. Hope this helps.
I hear you about dealing with the rear shock tower. I have my body so low on to my chassis that I always have to cut the back end off of the lid anyway. If either the J-Comcepts or Proline Bulldog body will fit without modification, I just may have to get a couple.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Rookie

How are you guys running lower body mounts to run these bodies? Im still running the big bulky stock body.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

How are you guys running lower body mounts to run these bodies? Im still running the big bulky stock body.
I'm using the the carbon fiber shock towers from Xtreme Racing with the built in tabs for the body mount post.

Black Carbon
http://www.xtremercracing.com/Store_...ue&SnipID=6278

Silver Carbon
http://www.xtremercracing.com/Store_...ue&SnipID=6278

I also lowered the rear body mounts by attaching them to where the upper arms connects on the shock tower. I'm at work right now but when I get home I can post a pic so that you may see how I attached the rear body mount.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default use lower holes in the shock tower

My TR is converted to the BCE chassis set up and I'm running FRE buggy chassis braces and RTR towers. Having said that, you have to lower the front and rear posts. Easier said than done, but as best you can, lower the rear and front mounting posts. The shock towers have lower holes, so use those holes instead. Also, the MBX6T body, naturally sits a little lower anyway. So if you lower your posts, that body will sit way lower than the stock CEN body. Matter of fact, I had to cut off a significant portion of the rear of my stock body after I lowered the posts for my first JConcepts body. Irony is, I never really ran the stock CEN body. I went out and bought a JConcepts body almost immediately after I purchased this truggy.

Anyway, lower your posts. Keep in mind, you'll have to cut out a spot for the rear wing mount b/c with the body sitting lower, you have to make room for the wing mount. It's not much though and it really has no effect on the appearance of the body. However, as stated before, I think the current ideal body is the latest MBX6T body... not to be confused with the yellow "Yamaha" body in my previous post. That design goes over the shock towers, whereas, the new MBX6T body does not. It stops short of the rear shock tower, which is a huge plus. Losi and HB started that brilliant trend with their latest truggies.

This is all good, however, I wish manufacturers would thicken the hood mold/mould to help slow the front body mount cracks that rapidly develop. Perhaps they should scoop up or bubble up the entire hood area, to keep it off of the front shock towers or put reinforced teardrop nostrils in the hood to expose the front towers, so that they are out of the way of the body.

Note: My rant and thoughts stem from several runable bodies just laying around idle, b/c the front body mount holes are all cracked and jacked up on them.

Last edited by wriffwraff; 07-12-2010 at 03:57 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Thumbs up cracked body mount openings

I read about your cracked body mounts openings, I had it happen to my Matrix R2 body on the rear , how? don't really know since the ft was ok, what I did was I took a piece of those "adult proof" plastic wrappers that electronics and such come in,you can also buy @ your LHS lexan sheets, cut pieces with the right shape and CA glued them in place, you could even put two layers on for even more strength, then cut the hole out with your reemer.CEN Matrix TR-dsc02783.jpg

CEN Matrix TR-dsc02784.jpg

CEN Matrix TR-dsc02786.jpg my lid also cracked where the pull start went, I fixed it the same way, it don't look too pretty, but so far its holding up fine.Hope this helps.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here is the pics of how I mounted the rear body mounts:

I'm not sure if you can tell in the pics but the body sits a lot lower. You can see where I have my stinger from the tuned pipe coming out the side of my lid because the body sits so low.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default MBX6T "Punisher" Lid...

with KTM motocross theme

Last edited by wriffwraff; 03-29-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Bce chassis

This may be a long shot but, does anyone know where theres a bce chassis that i can purchase? New/used it doesn't matter. Wanting to build another one for my friend. Thanks

EFRE likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.