R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2008, 07:38 AM   #1621
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Erie Pa.
Posts: 3,323
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

So I was checking my clutc out after my 1st race day with my new mill and noticed I snapped 1 of my King Heads Mugen hard shoes!!! I just got a new set of Cen springs and want to try the Cen shoes but no place I deal with has the blue ones in stock. Will the red ones be okay, I know they wont last as long and I am going to try 2 alum and 1 composite. Which wasrecommended to my by the guy who modded my mill. That way I will get 2 clutches because they come in a 4 pack.
__________________
TT MT4G3 all tricked
TTST4G3 MT4ed out

JR servos Hitec servos. Gens ace lipos KO radio.
malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:29 AM   #1622
Tech Adept
 
TRArena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malik View Post
So I was checking my clutc out after my 1st race day with my new mill and noticed I snapped 1 of my King Heads Mugen hard shoes!!! I just got a new set of Cen springs and want to try the Cen shoes but no place I deal with has the blue ones in stock. Will the red ones be okay, I know they wont last as long and I am going to try 2 alum and 1 composite. Which wasrecommended to my by the guy who modded my mill. That way I will get 2 clutches because they come in a 4 pack.
hey malik, 2 ali and 1 carbon will do two things - less 'grab' and less wear on the bell. it works better on loose / soft tracks rather than high bite / smooth tracks. Your modded mill has prob got a fair amount more torque than your previous motor hence the recommendation from your guy. I would strongly recommend the blue shoes tho as IMHO the red ones are just too soft and i go thru them like butter. You can get them from here if you're stuck -

http://www.headrushhobbies.com/estor...pgrade%20Parts

or from cen direct
TRArena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:01 PM   #1623
Tech Adept
 
Mcran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Pace, FL
Posts: 161
Default

Some Pic's of Justin's BCE TR:






























__________________
Team Associated, LRP, Reedy, Hobbico - www.hobbico.com,
JConcepts - www.JConcepts.net, Futaba - www.futaba-rc.com,
OS Engines - www.osengines.com, Kal-Gard - www.Kalgard.com,
Murnan Modified Motors - www.Murnanmodified.com
Mcran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:24 PM   #1624
Tech Adept
 
TRArena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcran View Post
Some Pic's of Justin's BCE TR:
thnx for posting these...

1. what threaded hinge pins have you used on the front and rear arms (hub/hub carrier) - they seem a better fit than the k-factory ones i have used?
2. are the diff cases kyosho or new cen ones?
3. is the plastic servo saver the earlier ofna one?
4. any reason you not using the new ali dog bones (i know the front one takes a bit of modding to make it fit unless the buggy ones have been released?)
5. What rear hubs are you using?

Cheers.

Last edited by TRArena; 07-27-2008 at 01:40 AM.
TRArena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #1625
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Portlandia
Posts: 3,341
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRArena View Post
thnx for posting these...

1. what threaded hinge pins have you used on the front and rear arms (hub/hub carrier) - they seem a better fit than the k-factory ones i have used?
2. are the diff cases kyosho or new cen ones?
3. is the plastic servo saver the earlier ofna one?
4. any reason you not using the new ali dog bones (i know the front one takes a bit of modding to make it fit unless the buggy ones have been released?)
5. What rear hubs are you using?

Cheers.
I have the aluminum dog bones in my TR and ther was no modding necessary. Drop them right in.

Colin
__________________
Time Zone Raceways www.Timezonehobbies.com
www.ColinBranch.com
C Branch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:55 PM   #1626
Tech Adept
 
TRArena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Branch View Post
I have the aluminum dog bones in my TR and ther was no modding necessary. Drop them right in.

Colin
hey colin, they don't fit the BCE Arena unless you shave the shaft of the pinion. I have done it on a few of them now. Apparently the buggy one (MXS50) fits fine but I haven't been able to get any from CEN yet.
TRArena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #1627
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Portlandia
Posts: 3,341
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRArena View Post
hey colin, they don't fit the BCE Arena unless you shave the shaft of the pinion. I have done it on a few of them now. Apparently the buggy one (MXS50) fits fine but I haven't been able to get any from CEN yet.
Oh sorry, I didn't realize we were talking about a BCE conversion

Colin
__________________
Time Zone Raceways www.Timezonehobbies.com
www.ColinBranch.com
C Branch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:19 AM   #1628
Tech Adept
 
TRArena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 155
Default

some pics of my new mill, pipe and lid (paint by Mike Czech) ...
Attached Thumbnails
CEN Matrix TR-c2xpro-matrix1a.jpg   CEN Matrix TR-c2xpro-matrix5a.jpg   CEN Matrix TR-c2xpro-matrix6a.jpg   CEN Matrix TR-c2xpro-matrix7a.jpg   CEN Matrix TR-c2xpro-matrix8a.jpg  

TRArena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:42 PM   #1629
Tech Apprentice
 
SIXPAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 72
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Sweet trucks.

My truck is bad ass with the new motor. REV changed the track to small jumps that take the right line to clear. im working on hook up and shocks now. Do you use the jammin shock bolts and studs on the super BB setup?

anybody have problems with the upper arms? i pulled the threaded plastic part off the a frame. so Genes turnbuckles wont fix that... any longer style uppers with the right spindle line? mugen? jammin. We need to take leverage off that upper...


i cut my chassis brace and seems to work good. Hot set up on buggy brace? do not mill the chassis for flex? losi stye? cen buggy? ideas?



Got 2 5955 servos coming and going to try holeshots for better hook up.


body you guys are running? any lines on the MSR CP 2.0

still trying for action photos, my buddys are flakes!

THX
__________________
-CEN MATRIX FACTORY SC EXTECH RP.21 JP4-
SIXPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:37 AM   #1630
Tech Adept
 
Mcran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Pace, FL
Posts: 161
Default

For the front I used 3mmX35mm hex head screw and cut to length. For the back I used Mugen and cut about 3mm off the front and rear of the arms with a razor so I could get the nut all the way on.

The rear hubs are Kyosho. I used the front dog-bones for the TR and used a punch to get the pin out of the CVD. Then I put the rear bones on and put the pin back through. Have to be patience doing this but it works very good.

The center diff is Jammin with the Kyohso 48 spur gear. We use the stock diffs with pins in the front and rear. Jammin is lighter and since it only opens from one end there is less chance of the diff leaking oil on the brakes.

Ill be glade when Cen gets the new diffs and lighter drive train out for the buggy and TR. The current F/R CVDs are durable but very heavy.

We got one blue dog-bone for the buggy and one for the rear of the TR for testing from Cen. That was a long time ago and both are worn-out now. We just received new ones for the TR yesterday. They are very durable, light, and last a long time. They are selling faster than Cen can get them in stock.
__________________
Team Associated, LRP, Reedy, Hobbico - www.hobbico.com,
JConcepts - www.JConcepts.net, Futaba - www.futaba-rc.com,
OS Engines - www.osengines.com, Kal-Gard - www.Kalgard.com,
Murnan Modified Motors - www.Murnanmodified.com
Mcran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:37 PM   #1631
Tech Adept
 
TRArena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcran View Post
I used the front dog-bones for the TR and used a punch to get the pin out of the CVD. Then I put the rear bones on and put the pin back through. Have to be patience doing this but it works very good.

We just received new ones for the TR yesterday. They are very durable, light, and last a long time. They are selling faster than Cen can get them in stock.
Thanks for the reply....

Nice mod for the rear cvd. I used to use the Kyosho STRR rear but had to grind down the rear pinion to fit the BCE Arena... never thought of doing it your way

As far as the new blue driveshafts are concerned, are you using the buggy one (MXS50) on the front or have CEN made a new front one to fit the BCE TR?
TRArena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #1632
Tech Addict
 
TripleX-JT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Abrams, WI
Posts: 662
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to TripleX-JT
Default

I am going to be using the Hot Bodies ring and pinion for the BCE conversion. My question is can I use the Cen diff cup or do I need to use a Hot Bodies cup. I tried both the Cen plastic and aluminum but the holes dont seem to line up. I dont know if I am missing something or not. If anyone could shed some light on the subject that would be great.
__________________
Josh Thompson
CEN Racing - GO Tech Engines - UPgrade RC - Northern Hobbies - Khaos Designs
TripleX-JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #1633
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Portlandia
Posts: 3,341
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleX-JT View Post
I am going to be using the Hot Bodies ring and pinion for the BCE conversion. My question is can I use the Cen diff cup or do I need to use a Hot Bodies cup. I tried both the Cen plastic and aluminum but the holes dont seem to line up. I dont know if I am missing something or not. If anyone could shed some light on the subject that would be great.
They will fit directly on the CEN cups. Thats how I have been running mine.

Colin
__________________
Time Zone Raceways www.Timezonehobbies.com
www.ColinBranch.com
C Branch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:04 PM   #1634
Tech Addict
 
TripleX-JT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Abrams, WI
Posts: 662
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to TripleX-JT
Default

That is what I thought to but it seems like the screws are going to go in at an angle. I guess if I put the screws in and never unscrew until the cup needs to be replaced it should be fine.
__________________
Josh Thompson
CEN Racing - GO Tech Engines - UPgrade RC - Northern Hobbies - Khaos Designs
TripleX-JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:23 PM   #1635
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Portlandia
Posts: 3,341
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleX-JT View Post
That is what I thought to but it seems like the screws are going to go in at an angle. I guess if I put the screws in and never unscrew until the cup needs to be replaced it should be fine.
Mine lined up perfectly.
__________________
Time Zone Raceways www.Timezonehobbies.com
www.ColinBranch.com
C Branch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cen matrix CHAVAN30 Nitro Off-Road 1177 08-05-2011 05:23 PM
CEN MATRIX FRE helivaguy Nitro Off-Road 4 08-27-2008 05:52 PM
Cen Matrix dieseldog20 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 02-06-2008 05:31 PM
Matrix and Matrix TR Factory Race Edition Kits SmoothB R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 05-31-2007 05:36 PM
Dye matrix 5 and DYE matrix 4 w/ tanks and halos for sale yuk17bandit Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 11-07-2006 10:49 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:40 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net