R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-09-2008, 08:08 AM   #1486
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by malik View Post
Tabushi, what did you do to do away with the wing braces? I know you are using the stock chassis. I have been asking for a while now if I could get the BCE chassis use buggy braces and leave the rest of the truck the way it is. Or wth the BCE chassis can you just put all te stock stuff on it.

Hi Malik,

I used Jammin aluminum braces because i had the around, but you can buy the buggy CEN braces + front "spider" piece in aluminum or CF and just mount all, you only will need to drill the chassis for the braces holes and thats all. Now, i did the 43/10 - 50T - 43/10 conversion so i used 5mm spacers under the center diff mount, and used the "spacer" part of the stock braces to leave or leveled as stock. More detailed mods will include buggy radio tray and buggy center diff mounts to low all the components, but its not necessary, my ways was very easy, cheap and functional.

If i can help you in any way or closed pics just let em know ...

cya,

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:17 PM   #1487
Tech Apprentice

Pato, i think it you take the stock "spacers" out, you can lower the throttle servo too. That's why most people go with the buggy radio tray.
Futaba FASST 3PM
chrobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:20 PM   #1488
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrobar View Post
Pato, i think it you take the stock "spacers" out, you can lower the throttle servo too. That's why most people go with the buggy radio tray.
When you go to the small spur, you can take the spacers out, but that also requires the buggy brake cams, and buggy radio tray. You will also have to drill new holes in the chassis to mount the tray.
It isn't a hard job, and it really works well!

Colin
Old 06-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #1489
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I still would like to know if I can get the BCE chassis and put all the stock parts on it except possibly going to the buggy braces. I need a new chassis. Or if someone who went to the BCE already wants to sell me their FTE chassis I will buy it if its in good shape and the price is right. I would love to do the gear reduction but I have too many spares of what I have now and dont have the $ to do all that right now.
malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:55 PM   #1490
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by malik View Post
I still would like to know if I can get the BCE chassis and put all the stock parts on it except possibly going to the buggy braces. I need a new chassis. Or if someone who went to the BCE already wants to sell me their FTE chassis I will buy it if its in good shape and the price is right. I would love to do the gear reduction but I have too many spares of what I have now and dont have the $ to do all that right now.
I haven't seen the BCE chassis, so I can't answer that for you. Maybe one of the other guys can answer it.

Colin
Old 06-09-2008, 05:38 PM   #1491
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to TripleX-JT

I have the BCE Chassis.

If you are looking to stay stock.... I dont think there would be much to gain in switching to the BCE Chassis in my opinion.

I do have a FTE Chassis w/guards for ya if you are interested.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:15 PM   #1492
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleX-JT View Post
I have the BCE Chassis.

If you are looking to stay stock.... I dont think there would be much to gain in switching to the BCE Chassis in my opinion.

I do have a FTE Chassis w/guards for ya if you are interested.
What guards did you use for the TR?
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #1493
Tech Elite

Yes I am interested what do you want for it? If it is in good condition I will definetly take it.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #1494
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Branch View Post
When you go to the small spur, you can take the spacers out, but that also requires the buggy brake cams, and buggy radio tray. You will also have to drill new holes in the chassis to mount the tray.
It isn't a hard job, and it really works well!

Colin

I know Collin, low on work, but i didnt had the parts so i stayed stock radio plate and all, i know it will be real lower with the buggy parts

cya,

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:19 PM   #1495
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
I know Collin, low on work, but i didnt had the parts so i stayed stock radio plate and all, i know it will be real lower with the buggy parts

cya,
Pato, I know you knew, I was posting the info for others who may be interested in doing this mod.

Colin
Old 06-10-2008, 02:59 AM   #1496
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to TripleX-JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
What guards did you use for the TR?
I used the CEN Buggy Guards. They protect the pipe really good as well as keeps debri out. The only thing if you are going to use the guards is you will need to trim the back part of them off so they fit smooth on the chassis. I will post some pics tonight to show you what I am talking about.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:30 AM   #1497
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleX-JT View Post
I used the CEN Buggy Guards. They protect the pipe really good as well as keeps debri out. The only thing if you are going to use the guards is you will need to trim the back part of them off so they fit smooth on the chassis. I will post some pics tonight to show you what I am talking about.
I was thinking about using buggy guards but I wasn't sure how they would fit. If you can post some pictures of how you got the guards to fit, that would be helpful. Thanks
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:54 AM   #1498
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well my brake problem was my servo. I used a metal gear hi torque. I still need to get those 100 dollar units and I should be able to get around the course even better.

Truck ran good, did about 4 tanks @ revelation...Super crazy track, it was a blast, took the crt.5 out first. Did the triple in both trucks. And the CEN truck eats up the whoops. Only problem was brakes, but I just need to spend the money... I ran the truck out of batteries and it went flying off the track. Broken arm (thatís what I get for having and old school guy set up my spektrum LOL) a guy helped me after my burm leap, set the failsafe in the spektrum. Thanks.

Time to send Gene some money on the missing parts I need from him, and mess with the steering swingers. I'm also going to look into an OS 2.8 truggy motor. Feelings???

Going back Tuesday for sure, it was a kick ass track... Hobby shop rocks and Taco stand was unreal!

Thx revelation and people who helped.

Andrew.... Itís on...I'll be down next week to get some parts....

Thx CEN, truck is badass....

Old 06-11-2008, 06:29 AM   #1499
Tech Elite

To me I think that OS28XZ iis a great motor but too much power, if there is such a thing LOL. I would get a V-spec before the .28. I wouldlike to try that new LRP .21 because I know the .28 nthey make are super nice and quality mills.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:57 AM   #1500
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXPAC View Post
Well my brake problem was my servo. I used a metal gear hi torque. I still need to get those 100 dollar units and I should be able to get around the course even better.

Truck ran good, did about 4 tanks @ revelation...Super crazy track, it was a blast, took the crt.5 out first. Did the triple in both trucks. And the CEN truck eats up the whoops. Only problem was brakes, but I just need to spend the money... I ran the truck out of batteries and it went flying off the track. Broken arm (thatís what I get for having and old school guy set up my spektrum LOL) a guy helped me after my burm leap, set the failsafe in the spektrum. Thanks.

Time to send Gene some money on the missing parts I need from him, and mess with the steering swingers. I'm also going to look into an OS 2.8 truggy motor. Feelings???

Going back Tuesday for sure, it was a kick ass track... Hobby shop rocks and Taco stand was unreal!

Thx revelation and people who helped.

Andrew.... Itís on...I'll be down next week to get some parts....

Thx CEN, truck is badass....

Like Malik said, the OS .28 is way too much power. I run .21's in my truggies and they have more than enough power.

Colin