Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ive seen guys put 12-16 gallons on 8ights. But their ragged out. The Losi is pretty good about not breaking but it couldnt be any more sloppy. I bought the king headz hing pin holders and the set-screws that lock down the hinge pins make a big difference with the slop. I only wish they could come out with something to take the slop out of the steering.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anyone bent or broke
those long hingepins yet ..??
Old 10-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedy2
anyone bent or broke
those long hingepins yet ..??
Yep, Saturday night. Broke the rear holder also. Just ordered the Front hinge pin holder upgrade.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
I only wish they could come out with something to take the slop out of the steering.
Definately!! When are they going to come out with some alluminum bellcranks that run proper ball bearings on the drag link, instead of those crap sloppy bushings... I have seen an upgraded drag link for sale on A main hobbies site but it doesnt look a whole lot better.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

I dont understand why their isnt a bunch of companies selling something for the steering. A nice aluminum plate with bearings would be nice. I like my 8ight but it would make me feel so much better if the steering wasnt so sloppy.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Eck Tec makes ackerman plates...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16727

Old 10-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I've heard of others using Kyosho rod ends and balls to tighten up the steering and provide longevity. Not sure of the part numbers though.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Don't suspose anyone knows of somewhere with the Eck Tec ackerman plates instock ???

I've been looking for the last month carolinas are Out too .....

Cheers

Rod
Old 10-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nay0k
Yeah, if you drive like a complete retard you need to do all of that stuff that often. Plus I've never heard any of this driveshaft crap from anybody who had this car that I actually know
Running outdoors is very tough on cars, you may not know that, compared to indoors. Being the Losi is a very agile car, there are some compromises that had to be made, so parts will wear faster. Maybe you didn't know that either. Next time you look at your car, take a quick glance at your drive shafts and watch the progression of wear after a few races; you will be astonished! Is that to big of a word for you? Many people notice a decrease in alacrity with their cars, 9 of 10 times, you can trace it to the drive train, either bad bearings or drive shafts that cause chatter. Who's the retard now?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

I sent an email to kingheadz requesting they make something like the eck tec ackerman plates hopefully with bearings. Maybe if some of you guys who are also interested in a hop-up like this sent similiar emails they would see the demand and make it.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

How do you set up the throttle servo with fuel tube ? Anyone have pics.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kahuna2793
How do you set up the throttle servo with fuel tube ? Anyone have pics.
Use the Search feature on this thread. It's 60 pages back or so.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What bodies fit best on the Losi 8ight?
I see factory Losi, Proline Crowdpleazer, and the J Concepts one?

What do you guys prefer?
Anyone have experience with any of the two aftermarker personally?

Thanks guys.
Love this buggy!!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by supralative
What bodies fit best on the Losi 8ight?
I see factory Losi, Proline Crowdpleazer, and the J Concepts one?

What do you guys prefer?
Anyone have experience with any of the two aftermarker personally?

Thanks guys.
Love this buggy!!!!
Performance wise, I doubt there's much difference you'll ever notice.

The losi body is the lightest weight, fits well and quite snug. be sure to protect the paint with shoogoo and reinforce the back mounting hole, as it will shred easily. The look takes getting used to as it's so non-traditional, but it's distinctive and fits the car aesthetically.

The crowd pleazer is much thicker and features a smaller molded opening for the fuel tank opening. I also prefer the shallower, longer windscreen, although it has two mud guards in front that make is slightly harder to get around the steering hardware than the stock body. It will last longer than the losi body.

The jconcepts is sort of a cross between the two, with the thicker weight and similar shape to the crowd pleaser but with softer lines and edges (like the losi stock body). It also includes "flares" on the front which make pulling off the front clip MUCH MORE difficult than the other two.

Proline also has another body called the HardDrive, which is basically a crowd pleazer without the rear window and louvers instead, and the body is pulled flat behind the engine, I believe, exposing more of the heatsink from behind.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:20 AM
Tech Initiate

from what i have seen the proline crowd pleazer has an issue with the throttle/brake linkage rubbing the body. most guys that i know that run it make a hole so that the body doesnt raise up every time you go to full throttle.

the jconcepts is nice but you need to drill the front body post so that the body clip goes in from the front thru the shock tower and then its easy to use and works well.

losi bodies dont last very long at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.