Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

One more great race...the 8ight performed flawlessly, wish I could say the same for my starter box! Right before my 2nd qulifyer, a pinion on one of the drive motors came loose, and as I was putting it back on, one of the wires broke off So, right as I'm finishing the repairs, the horn sounds, race is over. Lucky for me, only the better result from the two count, and I won my first one.

I tried a set of M3 crime fighters for the first time(had been using M2s for a while), and WOW! I had saved them for the main, and glad I did. The car was on RAILS! I had a blast, there were some good battles, and I finished 3rd. I knew I couldn't win, there was a Pro that skipped qualifyers, and worked his way up from the D main. He was wheelin an 8ight as well. At the end of the night, it was a 15 year old kid that kicked all our butts with a Jammin, but the Losis put on a helluva show...can't wait till next time!

Oh yah, score one more raceday for my throttle servo setup!
Old 01-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

For those of you with leaky shocks run one TKO o-ring. Problem solved, my shocks haven't leaked a drop in 7+ hours of track time. Never use shock oil as a lubricant for o-rings. Always use a good high quality grease....
Old 01-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
For those of you with leaky shocks run one TKO o-ring. Problem solved, my shocks haven't leaked a drop in 7+ hours of track time. Never use shock oil as a lubricant for o-rings. Always use a good high quality grease....

By the way Tom, I need a response ASAP if you want that OS Speed or not RC Compoiund only has one left fron his first batch and you need to pre order. You'll like what I have to offer
Old 01-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Where does one get any of this TKO products from? Website or on-line hobby store?
Old 01-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

TKO web link for the Losi O ring AND OTHR COOL BLING

http://tkocompetitiondev.com/shop/pr...roducts_id=212
Old 01-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys

Ronny from Neo-buggy's forum here. Happy new year!

I highly recommend TKO's products, not to mention service. Peter Martin is a very seriouse guy, and all the products I've tested from them have been Superb!

Thanks,

Ronny
Old 01-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Ok guys, In NO way is this a bash against TKO ..... I'm thinking there just may be some kind of mix up.
I bought a large quantity of those o-rings...... as soon as I saw them I thought they did not look right, (ON THE ONES I RECEIVED!!) The ID was way to big and the OD was way to small, I just chalked it up as a loss but after seeing that they are working for others, I'm not sure what happened with my order ???
Old 01-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE
I bought a large quantity of those o-rings......

So YOU'RE the reason they are out of stock right now.. lol
Old 01-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kyracer
TKO web link for the Losi O ring AND OTHR COOL BLING

http://tkocompetitiondev.com/shop/pr...roducts_id=212

Thanks, some dailed stuff. Gonna make an order this week.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Hey all, This is a bit off topic I know but here is a question.
Has anyone used this glue on there bodies??
http://www.xxxmain.com/glue.shtml

It would seem to me to be a great aid if it works well.....
Old 01-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Need LOSA5434

I need a spring perch and a shock end. I checked the usual suspects and they are all out of stock - Stormer, A/Bmainhobbies, Horizon, and of course local.

Any other places to check?
Old 01-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Initiate

http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scripts/default.asp
Old 01-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ordered em.

Thanks a lot.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Px3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Welp went to my 2nd race day w/ the 8 yesterday, my first race day I got 5th in the E-Main. Well this time during qualifing, I got 12 laps, when last time I was only able to pull 10 laps in 2 quals, and 11 in one other qual. I got 12 for all 3 quals, each time doing it about 5-10 seconds faster. Not bad, I qual'd in the C-Main, I know there was an F main, mabye even a G, don't remember. So I started my main, got rear ended, and fell to dead last. Almost got lapped by the leader in the first lap. I pulled off because I was so pi$$ed at myself and also because it was lean bogging on the low end like hell. Well turns out my pipe got shoved toward the center of the chassis and now was pinching the fuel line, so I pulled the fuel line out from under it and went back out to run. I ended up with 17 laps, with 2 people below me. Cool. I'm happy with this car, it's so fast.

I did notice today as I do my -after race day- tear down, the rear shock boots are ripped and I bet the fronts are too. So I'm going to Wal mart pretty soon to get some balloons.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Tech Adept

I would also like to say that in the past weekend we had our 2nd Israeli race and I managed to win the B-main and get in to the A-main.
This buggy (like every other Losi product) is great!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.