R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-08-2007, 06:02 PM   #1321
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm running 4 KHZ shoes now (W/ Green & Silver). They show very little wear, and engage extremely well! (great low end punch) And by the looks of them now, I should get several gallons threw them before they need to be replaced..

I would HIGHLY recommend them!!

X-Ray 808 (Active Diff)
BCE 8X8 Pro Chassis
OS Speed (XCustoms Head Mod)
Hitec 5995TG (S&T)
M11 & Spectrum.
Steve Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:04 PM   #1322
Tech Addict

LOL Rich beat me....

X-Ray 808 (Active Diff)
BCE 8X8 Pro Chassis
Hitec 5995TG (S&T)
M11 & Spectrum.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #1323
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Walters
I'm running 4 KHZ shoes now (W/ Green & Silver). They show very little wear, and engage extremely well! (great low end punch) And by the looks of them now, I should get several gallons threw them before they need to be replaced..

I would HIGHLY recommend them!!

Thats awesome to hear.. Ive got a gallon through the stock shoes... and they dont engage till about 1/4 throttle... a little worn out.
FlyByWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:46 PM   #1324
Tech Addict

Take a lap with my 8ight...

This was actualy the C main...(sportsman) I blew yet another throttle servo, which got me a 0/0:00 qual time...

I bumped from the E to the D to the C to the B to the A and took 2nd. Billy Fischer loaned me a servo to run. He set this one up, and I think I know what was wrong with the way I set up the others.

Im the pink/white car shown for a lap (same as avatar). God I love this car.......

Video

Last edited by FlyByWire; 01-08-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #1325
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByWire
Take a lap with my 8ight...

This was actualy the C main... I blew yet another throttle servo, which got me a 0/0:00 qual time...

I bumped from the E to the D to the C to the B to the A and took 2nd. Billy Ficsher loaned me a servo to run. He set this one up, and I think I know what was wrong with the way I set up the others.

Im the pink/white car shown for a lap (same as avatar). God I love this car.......

Video
what is it you think you were doing wrong? your car looked good on the track though Can't beat a well setup 8ight, they ROCK!!!

-HB Racing-Pro Line Racing-OS Speed-MKS Servos-VP Race Fuel-Hobbywing-SANWA-J&T Bearings-Tony Screws
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #1326
Tech Addict

Cool looking little track. (Name?) Looked like a lot of 8ight's running. That Blue one got hacked hard. But it looked like an accident....

X-Ray 808 (Active Diff)
BCE 8X8 Pro Chassis
Hitec 5995TG (S&T)
M11 & Spectrum.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:04 PM   #1327
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
what is it you think you were doing wrong? your car looked good on the track though Can't beat a well setup 8ight, they ROCK!!!
Fischer thinks (and so do I, now) that it was the throttle endpoint. I wasnt looking down the venturi when setting the hi-point, rather watching the throttle arm. I'd go until the arm stopped, then back off a click or two. Well, as we all know, on most slide carbs, the arm will pull out past the venturi opening.... Sitting on the bench its not a problem... but at WOT with the chassis flexing, it will be.

Live and learn. He set this one up himself, and its out of his own pit box.. and doesnt want it back until we know for sure that's what the problem was.

Last edited by FlyByWire; 01-08-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:05 PM   #1328
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Walters
Cool looking little track. (Name?) Looked like a lot of 8ight's running. That Blue one got hacked hard. But it looked like an accident....
That was Hobby Town in Tucson, AZ.

You should see us run on the track up here in Phoenix (the home of the Nitro Challenge)...
Old 01-08-2007, 07:15 PM   #1329
Tech Elite

Quote:
Ficsher thinks (and so do I, now) that it was the throttle endpoint. I wasnt looking down the venturi when setting the hi-point, rather watching the throttle arm. I'd go until the arm stopped, then back off a click or two. Well, as we all know, on most slide carbs, the arm will pull out past the venturi opening.... Sitting on the bench its not a problem... but at WOT with the chassis flexing, it will be.

Live and learn. He set this one up himself, and its out of his own pit box.. and doesnt want it back until we know for sure that's what the problem was.
Its something as easy as that. I'm sure your quite experienced and swore up and down that you had it setup bang on. Like I stated in my "setup" post. Make sure you can open your throttle at least 1-2mm once you've applied full throttle. And I bet 90% of peeps that are having issues are "missing" something that small like you were. Its an honest mistake and something easy to miss. Let us know how it works out for you.

Cool little track, I dig it.

-HB Racing-Pro Line Racing-OS Speed-MKS Servos-VP Race Fuel-Hobbywing-SANWA-J&T Bearings-Tony Screws
Old 01-08-2007, 07:17 PM   #1330
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SkarTisu Send a message via Yahoo to SkarTisu

Why the two different clutch springs? More progressive engagement?
SkarTisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:19 PM   #1331
Tech Addict

Quote:
Its something as easy as that. I'm sure your quite experienced and swore up and down that you had it setup bang on. Like I stated in my "setup" post. Make sure you can open your throttle at least 1-2mm once you've applied full throttle. And I bet 90% of peeps that are having issues are "missing" something that small like you were. Its an honest mistake and something easy to miss. Let us know how it works out for you.

Cool little track, I dig it.
Yeah, I was pissed beyond words.... all packed up and ready to go. Hung around and ran another racers car in the 2nd round.... When Billy caught word, I was set to go.

Ive been racing for years, and cant believe I set up all 3 the same way... I "knew" it was the car that was killing them, not me.

the mains totaled 43 mins of run time on teh same servo....

Yeah it was a neat little track, 17sec lap times for expert.. This week it'll be 45 sec for a FAST lap.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:23 PM   #1332
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yeah, I was pissed beyond words.... all packed up and ready to go. Hung around and ran another racers car in the 2nd round.... When Billy caught word, I was set to go.

Ive been racing for years, and cant believe I set up all 3 the same way... I "knew" it was the car that was killing them, not me.

the mains totaled 43 mins of run time on teh same servo....

Yeah it was a neat little track, 17sec lap times for expert.. This week it'll be 45 sec for a FAST lap.
glad you got it figured out my freind, hope to see you one day at the Nitro pit How many servo's did you blow? Spread the word that its not the cars fault

Old 01-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #1333
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkarTisu
Why the two different clutch springs? More progressive engagement?
just the perfect ingagement. All Golds is too aggressive, all greens is too "soft"

Old 01-08-2007, 07:25 PM   #1334
Tech Addict

Quote:
glad you got it figured out my freind, hope to see you one day at the Nitro pit How many servo's did you blow? Spread the word that its not the cars fault
I blew 2 1/2 (the 1/2 I took out of a truggy, it may have been weak to begin with.... )

Would love to see you out here... Many drivers ("worlds" class ) have said its the best in the country.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #1335
Tech Elite

Quote:
I blew 2 1/2 (the 1/2 I took out of a truggy, it may have been weak to begin with.... )

Would love to see you out here... Many drivers ("worlds" class ) have said its the best in the country.
I'll get in touch with you before I go. I want to hit a "bigger" race at the Nitro pit. This year will be tuff though. Probably next year. Next year the Nitro pit for the Nitro Challenge and the Farm for the Worlds