Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here are the differences that the RTR has from the kit version:

-Plastic shock caps.
-Stamped chassis, not machined.
-Grease filled diffs, not oil filled.
-Stamped shock towers, not machined.
-Smaller fuel tank, not sure if it has fuel clunker like kit version.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spinall4
Here are the differences that the RTR has from the kit version:

-Plastic shock caps.
-Stamped chassis, not machined.
-Grease filled diffs, not oil filled.
-Stamped shock towers, not machined.
-Smaller fuel tank, not sure if it has fuel clunker like kit version.
This statement is not entirely true! The fuel tank is the exact same part used on the kit version of the 8ight. Look it up and you will see! Also, the chassis is still machined and 4mm thick just it does not have as many lightening cuts machined as the kit version and is not hard annodized. The inital part might be stamped though prior to machining. This version might not have as much flex as the kit version IMO. The motor mount is different too. The clutch it comes with is the same 4 shoe clutch as the kit but only the aluminum shoes are installed. These shoes appear to be different that the kit aluminum shoes too. Just install the two carbon shoes and you have the same clutch as kit version. The shock towers are 3mm thick and looked to be stamped. The diffs are the same as the kit just they have been filled with grease instead of silicon oil. The instructions give detailed instructions on how to convert to a viscious diff setup. The seals are in place on the diffs too. Just clean and fill with silicon oil. It also has silver springs on the rear shocks instead of the green ones on the kit.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Here is a new radio tray stiffner by King Headz. This should help with the radio tray flex. gshobby.com has them in stock.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

has anybody tried the werks clutch? how does it preform compared to the stock?
Old 01-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by roadrage
has anybody tried the werks clutch? how does it preform compared to the stock?

there's a whole losi 8 clutch thread here......

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=142418
Old 01-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

The bling bling KHZ brace installed...

Old 01-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I am really frustrated. I blew another servo today. I have my EPA right, my linkage aligned, Got rid of the big throttle return spring and cut my small throttle spring. I dont know what else to do. I think iam going to sell it and get something else. I love the way the 8 drives but I give up.

Its really a shame besides this the buggy 8 is awesome. To survive over 2 gallons at the track with a newby like me driving and not brake a single thing is incredible but this servo thing has me really down.

Anybody want to trade for another good buggy?
Old 01-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by infanterene
I am really frustrated. I blew another servo today. I have my EPA right, my linkage aligned, Got rid of the big throttle return spring and cut my small throttle spring. I dont know what else to do. I think iam going to sell it and get something else. I love the way the 8 drives but I give up.

Its really a shame besides this the buggy 8 is awesome. To survive over 2 gallons at the track with a newby like me driving and not brake a single thing is incredible but this servo thing has me really down.

I feel ya man.. Im sure people will tell you to drop 50 bucks on that radio tray brace... but the radio tray flexing is not what kills servo motors... If it was that bad there would be elongations or breakage of the servo ears.

If I break another servo.. its the Jammin' or the AE buggy (when it comes out)
Old 01-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

hey infanterene, i got a mugen prospec with upgrades, if you are interested pm me. here are some pics,
i also have it listed in the for sale section with details.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-mbx5-004.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-mbx5-006.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-mbx5-012.jpg  
Old 01-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Where are you located? Maybe one of us can take a look at it for you...never hurts to have a second set of eyes look at it.

These things are WAY more tedious to get set up properly than the Mugens I've worked on before. Everything is really tight and there's not much room for error.

Knock on 7075, we have three full nights of practice and over a gallon on it so far, with the same 359 servo...let's see what happens on Saturday...we have a spare 358 to sacri..."use" if it dies...LOL

Old 01-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

I am located in Miami. Thanks for the offer.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

I am located in Miami. Thanks for the offer.
What the hell? I'm down for Miami...LOL Buy me a ticket and I'm there.

I'm sure there's SOMEBODY in this thread who's a little closer though.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

At the rate I am going it might be cheaper to fly you down than to keep buying servos.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

At the rate I am going it might be cheaper to fly you down than to keep buying servos.

If you're willing to drive four hours I am sure there will be someone there that could help you out.

Jan. 24-28 Team Losi Nitro Off-Road Winter Champs hosted by Hurricane R/C Club in Tampa, FL. Visit them at www.hurricanercclub.com

If you still aren't satisfied I am sure there will be someone there that will buy it off you after they make it look good at that race.

Last edited by *Topher*; 01-03-2007 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

MMMMMMM...you have Waffle House down that far south, don't you? I've been to West Palm Beach (we've run the 1:1 car at Moroso and Bradenton), but never Miami.

MMMMMMM...Waffle House...I'd weigh 350 if I lived in Florida.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.