Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re

Good idea with the balloons. Then my shocks can match my paint too! lol
Px3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:38 PM   #932
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Almost a whole gallon through my car with the new servo setup (longer fuel line on brakes, angled servo arm) and no problems. Hope it stays this way. I have have hella fun driving the car, it is a handful though. It is my first 1/8 scale, and my first car to race on dirt, this is mostly new to me. Other than my driving skills (or lack thereof) I love the car.

As for motor I went for a different one. I bought the IRC Radical 621T. I am very happy with it. I have the carb restrictor with the smallest hole in it, car runs very cool and is disgustingly fast. Partly because of tune, then because of the tall odd-shaped cooling head. It is hands down the fastest buggy on the track, out of the hole and top speed. I try not to compare brands to much to avoid arguments but alot the guys here run RB motors 3/5/7 and a couple of OS VZB's but I can eat them up with the power, now to control it. I actually should have bought a lesser motor to start out with.

Chris
big chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:54 PM   #933
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy
Talking

Anyone can be fast . The fastest engine made won`t do any good if you can`t drive it . It is usually faster to go slow anyways .
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:51 PM   #934
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

HI everyone there... im new with this losi 8ight buggy.. but when i saw the build review at RC Modz, i believe this kit can go far. In fact,
Adam Drake & Travis proofs that already. just go check there!
Old 11-30-2006, 05:57 AM   #935
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to layedbackguy
Default kind headz

Hey guys, im about to step up to the king headz 7075 alum. clutch shoes. I know it's been talked about here, but there are about 32 pages about the 8ight, so i just want to ask, what springs are you using with the 7075's? and are you running all alum, or still with the 2 carbons.
layedbackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:05 AM   #936
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by layedbackguy
Hey guys, im about to step up to the king headz 7075 alum. clutch shoes. I know it's been talked about here, but there are about 32 pages about the 8ight, so i just want to ask, what springs are you using with the 7075's? and are you running all alum, or still with the 2 carbons.
I put these in my 8ight last week. All four are the King Headz aluminum, and I used the gold springs on two of them and the black springs on the other two.

Our track has a ton of bite, so this worked for me. I think that if the track had less traction, this would have been too much rip.

Hope that helps.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:12 AM   #937
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to layedbackguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt
I put these in my 8ight last week. All four are the King Headz aluminum, and I used the gold springs on two of them and the black springs on the other two.

Our track has a ton of bite, so this worked for me. I think that if the track had less traction, this would have been too much rip.

Hope that helps.
Yep sure does help! thanks Walt!...I may try the gold and green. Our track is not really high bite, but loose in some sections, but your set up sounds good, so i'll try both.
layedbackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:13 AM   #938
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Motor advice....needed 2 months ago. As for my question. Our track is not a high traction track at all i have the stock springs (silver, gold)and the stock shoes (aluminum/carbon). Is there a better setup to get the power to the ground?

Chris
big chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:17 AM   #939
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

You need the lighter springs. They should be easy enough to get. Also go down to 5k oil in your center diff if you haven't already.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:42 PM   #940
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

how does going to 5k in the center affect the car? currently running stock 5-7-2. i would like a little more pop out of the corner to clear a big jump.... also how much fuel are you guys getting out of king headz shoes? do you have to file the edges frequently? that is why i quit running mugen aluminum shoes. had to file edges every time i turn around. thanks
Reds racing USA.
patrick lsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:56 PM   #941
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick lsp
how does going to 5k in the center affect the car? currently running stock 5-7-2. i would like a little more pop out of the corner to clear a big jump.... also how much fuel are you guys getting out of king headz shoes? do you have to file the edges frequently? that is why i quit running mugen aluminum shoes. had to file edges every time i turn around. thanks
going to 5 in the centre will give you less "pop" to clear that big jump. Maybe you just need more engine No seriously, you need to either try different tires or maybe try 10K in the centre??? If you can handle that thick of fluid, your car would have amazing punch!

-HB Racing-Pro Line Racing-OS Speed-MKS Servos-VP Race Fuel-Hobbywing-SANWA-J&T Bearings-Tony Screws
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:28 PM   #942
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt

Hope that helps.
I don't know I tried the two gold and two black and it didn't seem right and in the short maybe 25mins of use, it wore down two of my kinghead shoes bad that had the black springs to the point I have to replace them.
Ghost06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:27 AM   #943
Tech Apprentice

Default Brake Shoes?

Has anybody noticed when building your 8 that the instructions don't specify to put the smooth sides in and oval holes opposite each other on the brake pads when mounting them like other buggies do? One side is machined smooth with out rough edges and if installed wrong the brakes could be real grabby. What's your thoughts on this? Or has this not been an issue?
MonkeyWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:29 AM   #944
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 8ight

I went to 3/5/1 in the diffs and like it ALOT better then 5/7/2. Really settled the car and gave it more steering.
the buggyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:28 AM   #945
Tech Adept

Is anyone having problems with the gold collet for the flywheel, Is anyone having trouble with their's wearing down I'm on my second one and the standard one I can't get it to fit and I can't keep buying the flywheel set to replace it.
Ghost06 is offline   Reply With Quote