R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-11-2010, 12:32 PM   #8596
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spironi View Post
Can you describe the world of difference? What sort of changes are you seeing, under what sort of driving conditions? I like the company descriptions, but I have never seen the product in use with a good before/after basis of comparison.

Seeing as you are using the center smartdiff, I would be particularly interested to know how it affects braking and acceleration, as well as turn in and cornering in general as you roll on and off the throttle. And anything else you would care to comment on as well!

Thanks in advance,
Spiro
I do some struggle on 1 track in AZ with acceleration. That is The Nitro Pit. The same track for The Dirt 2010 Nitro Challenge. It is nothing that gets in the way of my driving. I have to use less brake and can more just ease off the throttle. This is where I have gotten t he most gain from the center smart diff. It allows me great off power sterring coming into a corner. Sometimes a tad too much. I need to adjust my springs again, as I am only running two of the four spring inside the smartdiff. I drive a 1.0, and threw in the 1.0 anyways. This really helped my driving though. That is an opinion statement, so some folks may say they don't like it. A couple folks I will talk to here and there don't like the smart diff.

Most of the tracks I run this on in AZ are hard packed.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #8597
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pasco View Post
I do some struggle on 1 track in AZ with acceleration. That is The Nitro Pit. The same track for The Dirt 2010 Nitro Challenge. It is nothing that gets in the way of my driving. I have to use less brake and can more just ease off the throttle. This is where I have gotten t he most gain from the center smart diff. It allows me great off power sterring coming into a corner. Sometimes a tad too much. I need to adjust my springs again, as I am only running two of the four spring inside the smartdiff. I drive a 1.0, and threw in the 1.0 anyways. This really helped my driving though. That is an opinion statement, so some folks may say they don't like it. A couple folks I will talk to here and there don't like the smart diff.

Most of the tracks I run this on in AZ are hard packed.

Thanks very much for the feedback. It is much appreciated!
Spiro
Old 04-19-2010, 03:52 AM   #8598
Tech Adept

Default help

what hex driver size do u guys used for a6204 screws ?

that is the screws that is used to attach the servos to the kit ?
crosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #8599
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosten View Post
what hex driver size do u guys used for a6204 screws ?

that is the screws that is used to attach the servos to the kit ?
Should be 3/32...maybe 5/64, but pretty sure it is 3/32
Old 04-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #8600
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's 3/32
Old 04-24-2010, 02:31 PM   #8601
Tech Prophet

i just bought a set of eight-t 1.0 arms, for the rear and the front and i was wondering if there, is a left and a right arm. cause it doesnt say it on the front arms or the rear arms, or are they the same.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:22 PM   #8602
Tech Prophet

anybody?
Old 04-24-2010, 03:35 PM   #8603
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Left/Right are the same. It doesn't matter.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #8604
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

hey guys, I am sure this has been asked 1000 times, but its one loong thread, and searching comes up with information other than what I need

What's a good starter box to get for my 1.0 buggy? are they compatible with 2.0?

Thanks..

sorry for the newb question, had my buggy for a year but was using a traxxas box, now finally upgrading.
spawn_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #8605
Tech Prophet

i have a question have any of , you guys had problems with the diffs leaking on the eight -t ? i just opened up my gear boxes... and the diff oil was all over the place and, the diff had only about half of the oil left.

the o-rings and the diff gasket , arent old maybe i over filled it a little bit or something ?
Old 07-14-2010, 08:21 PM   #8606
Tech Prophet

anybody know ?
Old 07-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #8607
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
anybody know ?
I have had this on 8-Buggy. Front Diff in front gear box. Tried seals...nada... I just bought a new diff housing and seal. Corrected the problem.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #8608
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pasco View Post
I have had this on 8-Buggy. Front Diff in front gear box. Tried seals...nada... I just bought a new diff housing and seal. Corrected the problem.

ok well i try again than if it, happens again il get new seals etc i only filled it up a little more than when it covers the gears. the rear and the front leaked.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #8609
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

OK I hope someone can help me some. I know not many people run the 1.0's anymore but I have some questions.

Right now I have my kido's buggy's shocks set up like stock settings. Both upper shocks are on the middle holes. What would it do if I changed her rear and or front shock holes on top to outer most or inner most holes? Like how would it respond?
I only ask cause we have been racing when we can but I still don't know what everything does so I figure I would ask for some teaching so I could learn...

Thanks for any help I can get..
WWW.JCPRCRACEWAY.COM
Tate72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #8610
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to VWVR6_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate72 View Post
OK I hope someone can help me some. I know not many people run the 1.0's anymore but I have some questions.

Right now I have my kido's buggy's shocks set up like stock settings. Both upper shocks are on the middle holes. What would it do if I changed her rear and or front shock holes on top to outer most or inner most holes? Like how would it respond?
I only ask cause we have been racing when we can but I still don't know what everything does so I figure I would ask for some teaching so I could learn...

Thanks for any help I can get..
You will have a lot of answers but if you dont try it your self you are never gonna know how really works for you, why? 1.driving style 2.Track conditions 3. set up skills, etc. This is what I did http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/8...ning_Guide.pdf it helps a lot and is the best tool that you can have in your tool box, you will learn a lot with this guide, also this one http://users.telenet.be/elvo/ and (pick the very first item in the page) http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/products/p...2&kategoria=64 (you can save it to your computer or print it out). If you dont find any answer to your questions here you don't know how to read lol . Good Luck.
BTW. The fact that the Losi 8 1.0 is old not means that can't win races...
QUOTE by FLHX1550 "The Werks B5 is kind of a legend"
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote