R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #8536
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromania View Post
I know, I still use the losi condom on my buggy. I wouldn't use anything other than losi or KingHeadz pieces on my buggy. I just thought you guys would find the part interesting.

That actually looks pretty trick and does the job it was intended for.....Cool.

and there's NO change of a pin coming through those.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #8537
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was thinking of put these parts on my buggy but is it really worth spending the money on it, would it really make a difference in performance.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Front-Spindles

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...indle-Carriers

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ub-Carriers-20

please tell me what you think.

Team Associated B4.1 reedy 8.5, R10 Pro
Team Associated T4.1 OHP 17.5, Tekin RS
Team Associated B44.1 reedy 6.5, R10 Pro
smittyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #8538
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyusmc View Post
I was thinking of put these parts on my buggy but is it really worth spending the money on it, would it really make a difference in performance.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Front-Spindles

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...indle-Carriers

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ub-Carriers-20

please tell me what you think.

the steering knuckles will give you a hair more steering but not much....everything else will just add weight....if you want alum rear knuckles for some reason get the KH version as they are milled out for 8x16 bearing's which are a lot tougher then the stock 8x14's.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 08-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #8539
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ive been useing the rear hubs for a while and never had a bearing prob...as long as you use alum so it wont flex around the bearing thats when it blows out
~MUGGIFIED Lst-xxl
reggie l. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #8540
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggie l. View Post
ive been useing the rear hubs for a while and never had a bearing prob...as long as you use alum so it wont flex around the bearing thats when it blows out

you Do Not NEED alum rear hubs.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #8541
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

On my King Headz Extended motor mount, where can I find screws that will fit? I bought my truggy used and it came with the KH mount, and it only had 3 locking washers. The screw that didnt have a washer came out and shattered a clutch bell, to where you could see the front clutch bearing. So I tried using a Losi hex screw and it seems like the threads are different. So where can I get the screws and the locking inserts? KH doesnt sell them.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:05 AM   #8542
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris__RC View Post
On my King Headz Extended motor mount, where can I find screws that will fit? I bought my truggy used and it came with the KH mount, and it only had 3 locking washers. The screw that didnt have a washer came out and shattered a clutch bell, to where you could see the front clutch bearing. So I tried using a Losi hex screw and it seems like the threads are different. So where can I get the screws and the locking inserts? KH doesnt sell them.

KH losi mounts use all standard hardware......AE, Protek and a couple other companies make loc washer's....A-main's got it all.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:34 AM   #8543
Tech Addict

Thanks you guys for telling me that I will not buy them I ust see a lot of truggy guys use them.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:25 AM   #8544
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
KH losi mounts use all standard hardware......AE, Protek and a couple other companies make loc washer's....A-main's got it all.
I just found a Losi hex screw that looked to be the same size and I put a little bit of red threadlock on it so it wont come out for a while. I've been trying to stay away from making any orders online-need my wallet to catch up with me.

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Old 08-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #8545
Tech Addict

Chris RC

I see on your signature that you have a 1.5 buggy and was wondering how you like it I just got mine a little bit ago and have not had a change to run it yet. I was wondering how well it proformed over the 1.0 thanks

Old 08-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #8546
Tech Rookie

Default ofna motor install in losi 8ight

I hope some one can help I have a ofna lx with a force .28 motor. Im interrested in a used losi 8ight with out a motor. Can I use my force motor and if I can what modification will have to be made.
Randbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #8547
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyusmc View Post
Chris RC

I see on your signature that you have a 1.5 buggy and was wondering how you like it I just got mine a little bit ago and have not had a change to run it yet. I was wondering how well it proformed over the 1.0 thanks
It really isnt much of a conversion. For example, if I needed lower shock mounting screws I would buy the 2.0 one's. If I needed a rear diff case, I would buy the 2.0 one. If I a radio tray, I would get the 2.0 one. My 8ight started its life as a RTR roller for $75 and now is a race kit. I still have the horrible RTR silver chassis though. I was going to get the BCE 2.0 chassis, but then I got a truggy and some other things and then the chassis was just pushed away. I didnt even run my buggy in the last big race.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:56 AM   #8548
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randbo View Post
I hope some one can help I have a ofna lx with a force .28 motor. Im interrested in a used losi 8ight with out a motor. Can I use my force motor and if I can what modification will have to be made.
that motor will fit cuz the mounting holes are the same as a .21 engine block and and .21 size motor will fit in the 8ight. i started with that buggy too and you will not regret the change you will break less parts too!!!!
TEAM TERRIBLES
"A family that plays together stays together"
dodgeboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:09 AM   #8549
Tech Adept

Quote:
like the person above me has stated it will fit. but if the engine has a pull/roto start you'll have to get the 1.0 RTR engine mounts (thier taller to clear the roto start that came on those engines)
vroom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:12 AM   #8550
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

Quote:
From what I remember the Force .28 is a pull start engine . So if you get the race version 8ight you will need RTR engine mounts . If you get a RTR version it will drop right in .
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote