Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Etter
Hey guys,

For those of you that are using the Mugen BII starter box did you guys do any dremel work to the chassis or just line it up and go? I really don't want to dremel on the chassis if I don't have to. At first glance it doesn't look like the starter wheel will get far enough up in the chassis to contact the flywheel. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks......Greg
The Mugen box works perfectly. No need to dremel anything. About the only thing I did with my Mugen box, I upgraded the motors for more cranking power.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Greg Etter
Hey guys,

For those of you that are using the Mugen BII starter box did you guys do any dremel work to the chassis or just line it up and go? I really don't want to dremel on the chassis if I don't have to. At first glance it doesn't look like the starter wheel will get far enough up in the chassis to contact the flywheel. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks......Greg
If you've been using your mugen box for awhile, theres no doubt that the starter wheel is worn down abit. To get it to stick up higher for the 8ight just shim up the motor mount unit in the box. It's abit of trial and error but works perfectly once setup.

ApeX
Old 11-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anybody think the air cleaners are weak or is it just me?
Old 11-22-2006, 10:31 PM
Tech Adept

I would like to share something that bombed me out…
Our league in Israel is about to open this Friday and everybody here are very exited about it.
As I was practicing my 8ight yesterday and got it to a great setup, the worst thing happened!
The piston in my rear shocks piston broke lose during a session (although it was lock tightened) and the shaft got pulled out of the shock and in the process ripped the O-rings, plastic shims and even the bottom aluminum cap.
Now since there is no importer for Losi in Israel and I'm the only one with the 8ight on the track, I found myself unable to compete in the first race.
I'm so frustrated and I had to get it out of my system
Old 11-22-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nope, I've washed and re-oiled mine a few times. No problems... What exactly do you mena by "Weak"?
Old 11-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When you built the shocks, did you apply lock-tite and immediately fill them with oil? If so, it's a common mistake, and leads to just such a failure. I built them with lock-tite, and allowed them to dry over-night. That was several weeks, and many runs ago...mine are in great shape...
Old 11-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

2 tanks of gas and its time to change the air filter and I use good air filter oil so thats not it. I'm used to running Mugen filters they keep dirt out. A buddy of mine runs different oil same thing 2 tanks is all he gets.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave.H
Does anybody think the air cleaners are weak or is it just me?
Sounds to me they are doing the job they are meant to do . Are you running on a dry or dusty track ? I ususally get two full days of racing before the filter needs cleaning .
Old 11-23-2006, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)

It's just a matter of time before companies like Powersave and Proline produce aftermarket air filters.

Bmainhobbies.com has a limited number of Alum. chassis braces in stock today for the Losi 8ight!!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Rookie

I contacted PowerSave when the 8ight was released and they told me it wouldnt be long before they released an 8ight filter.

ApeX
Old 11-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

The stock filter is excellent imo. Extra foams are inexpensive and the whole filter assembly is inexpensive too. The housing is modeled after the mugen which is one of the best in the biz. Given the available space in the car it will be tough to expand on the existing configuration (I wouldn't put it past PRoline though).
Try using a sticky oil on the main filter element and a lighter, less sticky oil on the outer.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I noticed the stock filter actually soaks up more filter oil than my Powersave filters that I used on my Kyosho! The foam is very dense and works well. They seem very durable as well. One thing I did with my Losi filter, I washed the OEM oil out and replaced it with Maxima FFT.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

hey guys I've noticed several questions and concerns being mentioned over and over like the one about the shock shaft locktite so I've gone ahead and created a wiki page so these can be collected to help new users and builders of the 8ight

anyhow, goto:

http://lagcisco.stikipad.com/8ight/

if you guys dont know what a wiki is, its basically a free form page where anyone can edit anything, so it can get hectic at first but eventually the page can be organized organically by the authors themeselves, it should be good, anyhow, check it out!

more things to add could starter box issues, clutch issues, setup tips, etc..
Old 11-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

ummmmm ..................ok . Isn`t that why there is a thread just for the 8ight buggy ? Put whatever your looking for in the search option and it will bring you to it . Good idea but it`s basically the same thing .
Old 11-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

the problem with search is that it'll narrow it down to a thread, but threads have tons of pages, I had to sift through 25 pages to find out what starter bxes were good for the 8ight, so its just a way to save time, i hope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.