R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-19-2009, 07:07 AM   #8341
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

I have the same setup on my 1.0. I would subtract the thickness of the DE skid plate from the ride height you'd like to run.
C.Capelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:12 PM   #8342
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Skid plate thickness changes from run to run....i would measure off the little tab's beside the skid to get a true chassis measurement.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #8343
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Got a question..probably been covered but, are the 2.0 diff cases the same as the 1.0??I know someone that has them (for a good deal is why.)I think they are the same.Just trying to find out before I buy em...Thanks
lowcountrytj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #8344
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcountrytj View Post
Got a question..probably been covered but, are the 2.0 diff cases the same as the 1.0??I know someone that has them (for a good deal is why.)I think they are the same.Just trying to find out before I buy em...Thanks

they are different in the fact that the 2.0's have some allowable slop for shimming the R+P back and forth to get proper backlash.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 04-20-2009, 07:53 AM   #8345
Tech Adept

Thanks Integra,so nothing has changed on the diff case...will it bolt up and work on the 1.0.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:54 AM   #8346
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcountrytj View Post
Thanks Integra,so nothing has changed on the diff case...will it bolt up and work on the 1.0.

yup.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #8347
Tech Adept

Thanks Integra
Old 04-20-2009, 07:53 PM   #8348
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey could I use this clutch bell on the stock losi 4 shoe clutch set-up without modification and what would the advanteages over the losi bell be?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/3651
rgrassey@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:03 PM   #8349
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrassey@me.com View Post
Hey could I use this clutch bell on the stock losi 4 shoe clutch set-up without modification and what would the advanteages over the losi bell be?

Should fit, bascially the only difference is the 2 5X10 bearings isntead of the 5X10 and 5X14. I would get the RR 13t clutch bell. They have the best bearing fit and spin true and come with the best metal quality so they last the longest. (thanks jamminkrazy for the info!)

The o''le saying goes, pay me now, or pay me later, because you gonna pay me. "Pearl_414"
Chris__RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:14 PM   #8350
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrassey@me.com View Post

Wont Fit...the losi bell is Extra deep to cover up the shoe's....the Ofna bell's are too Short and Will NOT work with the losi clutch.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #8351
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris__RC View Post
Should fit, bascially the only difference is the 2 5X10 bearings isntead of the 5X10 and 5X14. I would get the RR 13t clutch bell. They have the best bearing fit and spin true and come with the best metal quality so they last the longest. (thanks jamminkrazy for the info!)

I honestly have found them to warp more then the Stock bell's and Spur's do.....buddy had his mesh walk on him and it MANGLED the spur and bell...the teeth were Blatantly worn to a point of it being junk...the flywheel/bell combo were no older then 3 races....i Used to run the bell's and they sorta did the same thing...the teeth wore at a real uneven rate and caused the gear mesh to slowly get looser and looser then to have the Teeth Snap off from the teeth Lashing back and forth between eachother....since i went back to the Stock bell/Spur i have not had any weird tooth wear issues....i also have yet to run the HD bell's.

and FWIW i Have Never had a issue with rear bearing's failing due to the slight loose fit in the bell.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:07 PM   #8352
Tech Rookie

Default sloppy hubs and wheels

I noticed my hubs/hexs seem to have some slop in them where they atattch to the axle hub. Should they be fairly snug or is some slop o.k. Seems the fronts and rears are about the same. Thanks
bdunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:59 PM   #8353
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdunit View Post
I noticed my hubs/hexs seem to have some slop in them where they atattch to the axle hub. Should they be fairly snug or is some slop o.k. Seems the fronts and rears are about the same. Thanks

you need a tick of play or the bearing's will eat themselves alive .1 or .2 is acceptable.....Kyosho makes a nice 8mm shim kit with .1 .2 and .3mm shims.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:33 AM   #8354
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

my 8ight 1.0 has a grind at the rear diff that seems to be caused by how the ring and pinion hooks up together. the planetary gears in the diff has no grind and the rest of the drivetrain has no grind. it's only when the rear ring and pinion gear hooks up that the grind comes into play. the buggy has about 2 gallons of runtime through it. is this something that will just wear in or is there a solution for it?
unsp0ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:37 AM   #8355
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsp0ken View Post
my 8ight 1.0 has a grind at the rear diff that seems to be caused by how the ring and pinion hooks up together. the planetary gears in the diff has no grind and the rest of the drivetrain has no grind. it's only when the rear ring and pinion gear hooks up that the grind comes into play. the buggy has about 2 gallons of runtime through it. is this something that will just wear in or is there a solution for it?

Get the alloy inserts...
warpig is offline   Reply With Quote