R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-30-2008, 11:54 PM   #7966
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Only thing I can think of would be the stone filter inside the tank. It may need replaced. Or the top nipple is fouled in some way and not getting full pressure. Sounds odd and it's not a problem area.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:59 AM   #7967
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default tank springs

The original 8ight tank spring would get over stretched if you opened it all the way , then when it closes it would leave a very small gap and would not seal.The early tanks were OK , and the later ones had the weak spring.
the only option to fix is either get a new 2.0 tank (differnt spring). or take your ofna tank and remove the spring from it and install it on the losi tank, i have done this to all my losi tanks and it works great. now i have moved on to the 2.0 model so it will not be an issue.
hope this helps.
tom yfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:57 PM   #7968
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey guys I have an issue with my 8ight buggy having the rear end come up and flip over forward off the jump. I am running 37.5wt oil with 54 piston in the front and 32.5wt oil with 56 piston in the rear. The ride hight was set at 27mm in the front and 28mm in the rear. I checked the the suspension and there was no binding. Any help is greatly appreciated
antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:11 PM   #7969
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to DavidR

Hey antone - I've had the same problem with my 8 Buggy. Is there any chance you are running a rear skid plate?
DavidR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:16 PM   #7970
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

no rear skid plate. Could the brakes play a roll in it if they are not set right
Old 10-31-2008, 03:19 PM   #7971
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by antone View Post
no rear skid plate. Could the brakes play a roll in it if they are not set right

yes....if there's any brake drag it'll cause the nose to Dive the second u let off the throttle...as for the tank issue....throttle bands work just fine....and u can be assured the tank is closed no matter Who's pitting you.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:48 PM   #7972
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to DavidR

Yeah.. I was just asking because it turned out to be my problem. The Skid plate was hitting and causing the rear end to actually kick WAY up... As in Land upside down on short doubles.

But otherwise yeah.. I would check to make sure your brakes aren't dragging.. Make sure your radio and the linkage is setup correctly. Might consider a set of Trinity "Spring Things" also...
DavidR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:10 PM   #7973
Tech Champion

Ummm....I don't think the hard slick skid plate has much compression to it to cause the vehicle to flip over.

sounds more like the vehicle came up slightly short on the landing, as it didn't fully make it to the down side. This would cause the rear suspension to compress and rebound FAST enough to kick the rear back up in the air.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 10-31-2008, 11:07 PM   #7974
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

thanks for the help guys... 2 more questions. Are you guys running full droop on your buggys and when you are measuring the front ride height are you measuring at the flat part of the chassis or where the chassis bends up I think thats the kick up?
Old 11-01-2008, 12:20 AM   #7975
Tech Champion

Personally, there are some tracks I use full droop and some I'll reduce the droop a bit. I suggest to make some small adjustments and try it out during practice/qualifiers. See how you like it. That's the best way to learn your vehicle I think.

Measure your front ride height on the flat part of the chassis, behind the kickup. I measure from the side and behind the front tires. I measure as close to the center of the chassis as I can. I use an engine mount from some old vehicle and adjust a screw up and down till it just touches the chassis. Then measure that distance with calipers. I drop the vehicle from at least 6 inches off a flat surface, then push down on the shock towers two or three times and let the vehicle settle...then measure.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 11-01-2008, 01:06 PM   #7976
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Thanks for the help guys everything was very helpful. If I have more questions I know where to come
Old 11-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #7977
Tech Initiate

Hi all i was out racing today and i noticed that my carb on my sirio cl3b is sticking is this caused by the angle the carb is at or do i need to strip my carb down this is only my second race with the 8 and i am loving it i changed for a x1x buggy my laps are coming down i got the losi love bug
Old 11-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #7978
Tech Addict

Yep, check your angle. One sure way to tell is to pop the linkage off. Slide it by hand. If it's binding when you pull on it straight in and out you have a carb problem. Now, with the linkage off put a little side pressure on it while you slide it. Bet ya feel some resistance or "sticking". You have to get the linkage as straight as possible. If I remember correctly a couple of guys at the track had sirio linkage issues that were killing servos. Grinding the center diff housing allowed the carb to be rotated an extra 2-3mm needed for dead on linkage travel.
desertbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:41 AM   #7979
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Does anyone elses front centre shaft rub on the steering servo mount?
Drift_Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:40 AM   #7980
Tech Champion

Ummm....No. I'll look when I get home to see if it has rubbed. But during the last couple of teardowns I've never noticed the front center shaft rubbing anything.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce