R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-04-2008, 08:56 PM   #7561
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
I believe it is a spacer to make the tank legal .

Yuppers.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #7562
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

it's a gonner! no spec station for clubbin
desertbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:25 PM   #7563
Tech Adept

Well in regard to my previous posts concerning my lose flywheel and collett problems, well after rebuilding and re tightening i took it for a good run and really opened it up and its holding well and the v-spec is running beautify... thanks for everyone's help.
Jonro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:05 PM   #7564
Tech Initiate

http://www.rc-mall.net/acc.php?brand...pe=bling_8ight

This clutch shoes set is really great! i love it!
rcfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:11 AM   #7565
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by btracing View Post
Thanks for the tips so far.

I will fit the new clutch bell and shoes, any tips on springs to use.

2 KHX ALUM Hard
2 Dynamite Max Life ALUM

I've got a quick change mount so will pull the clutchbell off after qualifiers and Scotchbrite or Sand the inner surface to keep it nice and smooth,

What length of time do you guys get before your shoes are worn down???

Thanks
4 max lifes 2 gold 2 silver, 13t bell = 4 nights of racing with some practice or one month for me. I like 4 maxs and four golds too. Seems to work good all around.
MonkeyWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:37 AM   #7566
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfever View Post
http://www.rc-mall.net/acc.php?brand...pe=bling_8ight

This clutch shoes set is really great! i love it!
why buy Inferior JUNK when a set of KH or Dyna's cost 1/2 that.....and from my experience......BLING racing is JUNK IN yo Trunk....definatly NOT worth the $$>
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 08-05-2008, 07:59 PM   #7567
Tech Initiate

I've been reading thru these and have read several pages but not all so I may have missed the answer to what I'm about to ask. I'm looking for a company that makes a no pop off ball for the front turn steering turn buckle. I don't have anything but the stock RTR ones on my 8ight buggy but I bought a second hand 8ight-T and it has them already installed on it. I'm trying to upgrade the buggy ones as this is a problem I have run into during a race and it looks like such an easy fix. Also, I'm looking for a 140 oz + quick response steering servo for both my buggy and Truggy. I need it to be able to be used with the spectrum system. I'm presently using JR 650's on them now. I like the JR 9000t but would like to find something a little less expensive than $115 and yet still a durable and not so difficult servo to be able to get. Hoping someone here can at least give me some good suggestions to consider.
fishin4cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #7568
Tech Adept

Quote:
I'm looking for a company that makes a no pop off ball for the front turn steering turn buckle.
http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idproduct=7352

those should be what your looking for and for servos i'd go with none other than ACE because thier almost bulletproof

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5994

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5733
vroom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #7569
Tech Lord

the No pop balls are found here.....and for a servo.....Just spend the 100$ and ull NEVER have to worry about it blowing up and having the hassle's of trying to find ANOTHER servo when the cheeeper one blows.

http://www.tiltedrc.com/product_info...oducts_id=3294
Old 08-05-2008, 09:18 PM   #7570
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

+1 on trhese
http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...idproduct=7352

An excellent steering servo
http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...idproduct=1340

Torque @ 6.0v is 333 oz/in.
Speed @ 6.0v is 0.15 seconds.
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:13 AM   #7571
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Agreed with Integra and Cman. The CRC (Calandra racing concepts) no-pop balls are good. Another alternative is the 6.8mm double flanged steering balls from Kyosho. One of my racing buddies has been using them with no issues. They are pretty much the same as the CRC part but black oxide.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 03:42 AM   #7572
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Use the same ball as the opposite end of your steering tie rod... The end that connects to your steering post, is a hollow ball, screw goes all the way through. I just used that same ball, used a convex washer and shimmed it up so it wouldnt put anything in a bind when suspension arm travels upward... easy fix and you probably have the parts in your box already
Greenlee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:59 AM   #7573
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlee37 View Post
Use the same ball as the opposite end of your steering tie rod... The end that connects to your steering post, is a hollow ball, screw goes all the way through. I just used that same ball, used a convex washer and shimmed it up so it wouldnt put anything in a bind when suspension arm travels upward... easy fix and you probably have the parts in your box already

+1

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:02 AM   #7574
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
+1
+2 its how i Originally did mine...and actually....there STILL like that to this day..never did get around to getting the calandra versions.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:15 PM   #7575
Tech Initiate

Thanks, I called my LHS and they had the CRC no-pop offs in stock! All I needed was a part # for them to look that one up. As for the servo. Thanks for the input. when the time comes I'll invest in $100 servo's but for now JR-650z will just have to do the trick. I can pick them up for $42 each and they can handle what I need for now. When and if they do go I'll look into the hitech's or the JR 9000t and s ones. Hopefully the new Spektrum radio will fix my problem of burning out steering servo's on my monstor truck. I've burnt up a associated 2008s, two spektrum-590m's and two JR 650z. I've reset the end points on the reciever three times and now the LHS finally admits I may be having reciever issues. Wouldn't admit it when it was new but at least they did make me a deal on a new transmitter and Reciever with servo's so hopefully we have the problem solved. Pretty bad when I've burnt up five steering servo's on a truck that only pulls in a straight line! , LOL
fishin4cars is offline   Reply With Quote