R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2008, 06:37 AM   #7351
Tech Master
 
tex1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,156
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Thumbs up

The Dynamite shoes are lighter that their Losi counterparts. Try them with gold springs to get the same effect. I liked them with 2 black and 2 gold then the clutch would engage at lower rpms and still had hit all the way to the top. They last forever.
TEX
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:52 AM   #7352
Administrator
 
Matt M.'s Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,379
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1 View Post
The Dynamite shoes are lighter that their Losi counterparts. Try them with gold springs to get the same effect. I liked them with 2 black and 2 gold then the clutch would engage at lower rpms and still had hit all the way to the top. They last forever.
TEX
you must know more about the clutch than all the guys i have seen run them.....(2 70 off losi drivers).....the stock shoes last forever, i see no reason to change.....but i also have no reason to change my gearing or move my front arms......
__________________
Team Tekin-Proline Racing-Motiv-92zero Designs-Jim Neubert Paint Design-LiveRC.com-TFR-Team Dirt Heaven-Gravity RC-Trackside

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:22 AM   #7353
Tech Champion
 
air8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutch, KS
Posts: 5,748
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

KingHeadz or Losi shoes for me too. The Max-lifes didn't last more than two weekends for me. I started with all silvers and found out quickly they wouldn't fully engage. But I wasn't using a high horsepower engine either. I put the black/green springs on and gold/black for the truggy. So on my 8T, 8, and dirt oval car the Max's were finished (22.9mm across) after two weekends.

This is only my experience though. Another friend at the track really likes the Max-Life shoes.
__________________
--Driver...you are cleared into the track.....Smoke On.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:36 AM   #7354
Tech Master
 
Merciless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,027
Send a message via ICQ to Merciless
Default

Hey Tex,

Did you ever post pic's of the front of your buggy with the change you've made to the arms ??

I did ask a while back, but haven't seen you on here much lately.

As for the dynamite shoe's, Over here in the UK I know quiet a few people that only use them !! Our tracks are pretty high grip and a std. losi set-up might last me 2 or 3 meeting, dynamite's work great and last age's so were very happy with them

Mr losi , would i be right in assuming you only run the stock losi set-up for the entire buggy ? As I'd imagine they know what there doing there too !! Or do you think that making track specific changes could help in some circustances ?? As I believe both the clutch shoes and springs used are a useful tuning aid making the buggy easier to drive on different surfaces. I can also believe that changing the geometery (wishbone positioning etc.) could make the buggy easier/better on some tracks although maybe not all ....... who know's. But I wouldn't out of hand disregard these set-up options as being of no use because Losi knows best as you seem to.

Rod
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:04 AM   #7355
Tech Champion
 
Briguy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ottawa , IL
Posts: 8,128
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
you must know more about the clutch than all the guys i have seen run them.....(2 70 off losi drivers).....the stock shoes last forever, i see no reason to change.....but i also have no reason to change my gearing or move my front arms......
It`s not about knowing more , but experience . Many people run different setups , just because it`s not your way doesn`t make it wrong .


Most of the guys I race with run K.H. or Losi shoes and is all I ever used , but I`m gonna give the Dynamite ones a shot and see if I like them .
__________________
At Your Service Vinyl Works
Royal R/C & Hobby
Leisure Hours Hobby & Raceway
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:54 PM   #7356
Tech Master
 
tex1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 1,156
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Thumbs up No problem.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
you must know more about the clutch than all the guys i have seen run them.....(2 70 off losi drivers).....the stock shoes last forever, i see no reason to change.....but i also have no reason to change my gearing or move my front arms......
I never said I knew more than them. The fact is the Dynamite shoes are lighter and they do not last as long as the Losi long wears. Being lighter and a less dense material, they can use a lighter spring to hit at the same RPM. Just trying to help a guy out.

You see no reason to change because you have not seen a car work in a manner that you thought was superior to yours and then wonder why. I am always looking for what makes these cars tick. Several new cars have come out that up the mark in certain performance areas. After investigating why, I have an informed reason as to why I think the Losi has areas of improvment that can be acheived. Its all for the better.

I have not gotten those pictures in low-res yet. A guy showed me how to do it this week.

TEX
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:19 PM   #7357
Administrator
 
Matt M.'s Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,379
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merciless View Post
Hey Tex,

Did you ever post pic's of the front of your buggy with the change you've made to the arms ??

I did ask a while back, but haven't seen you on here much lately.

As for the dynamite shoe's, Over here in the UK I know quiet a few people that only use them !! Our tracks are pretty high grip and a std. losi set-up might last me 2 or 3 meeting, dynamite's work great and last age's so were very happy with them

Mr losi , would i be right in assuming you only run the stock losi set-up for the entire buggy ? As I'd imagine they know what there doing there too !! Or do you think that making track specific changes could help in some circustances ?? As I believe both the clutch shoes and springs used are a useful tuning aid making the buggy easier to drive on different surfaces. I can also believe that changing the geometery (wishbone positioning etc.) could make the buggy easier/better on some tracks although maybe not all ....... who know's. But I wouldn't out of hand disregard these set-up options as being of no use because Losi knows best as you seem to.

Rod
i never said i knew everything, i know from my experience that the stock losi(or kh alum) shoes last for a long time......

i run the losi standard setup everywhere, i do not change it, other than droop, and toe in, or out.....

i run the same gold and green springs, and alum losi or king heads, and losi carbons everywhere....

my car works well everywhere i go....it is certainly better than i can drive it...
__________________
Team Tekin-Proline Racing-Motiv-92zero Designs-Jim Neubert Paint Design-LiveRC.com-TFR-Team Dirt Heaven-Gravity RC-Trackside

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:22 PM   #7358
Administrator
 
Matt M.'s Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,379
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1 View Post
I never said I knew more than them. The fact is the Dynamite shoes are lighter and they do not last as long as the Losi long wears. Being lighter and a less dense material, they can use a lighter spring to hit at the same RPM. Just trying to help a guy out.

You see no reason to change because you have not seen a car work in a manner that you thought was superior to yours and then wonder why. I am always looking for what makes these cars tick. Several new cars have come out that up the mark in certain performance areas. After investigating why, I have an informed reason as to why I think the Losi has areas of improvment that can be acheived. Its all for the better.

I have not gotten those pictures in low-res yet. A guy showed me how to do it this week.

TEX
i guess time will tell, but i dont see losi changeing the car.....i heard that the gearing was tried a year ago, and it was decided it was not worth the hassle....

as for yor front mod, i would need to see it to be able to judge, i do not see a problem with any of the losi cars i have seen....
__________________
Team Tekin-Proline Racing-Motiv-92zero Designs-Jim Neubert Paint Design-LiveRC.com-TFR-Team Dirt Heaven-Gravity RC-Trackside

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:55 PM   #7359
Tech Fanatic
 
Geo Y-Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lake Geneva, WI
Posts: 972
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I'll bet the current national champion likes his car without any special mods. Sorry, I couldn't resist!!
__________________
Sponsored by: Team Losi ~ Nitrotane ~ Spektrum Radios ~ GRP Engines ~ Upgrade/Rc Id ~

I got 99 problems, but a b!#ch ain't one!
Geo Y-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:12 PM   #7360
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 338
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Well, getting back in after a 2 year break, I will be putting together my buggy with all of the Matrix Concepts parts. Enjoy the pics.

I hope to shave close to a pound once I am done with it.

More pics of the build to come soon.















eltorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:22 AM   #7361
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Covington, La.
Posts: 3,585
Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy
Default

the uni ends with the boots are something i need/want. tried going to your website and it wouldnt pull up the products.
__________________
Rob Jensen
Thanks to the following companies for their support in 2017: Team Associated, Maclan, Fierce R/C Solutions
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #7362
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 338
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

micros,

It is NOT my site. I do not work for Matrix Concepts. I am simply a club racer who is lucky enough to know the good people at Matrix Concepts.

PLEASE, contact robert@matrixconceptsinc.com for any inquiries.

I stopped by the shop last thursday and Robert tells me that the website will be up and running in a few weeks.
eltorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:59 PM   #7363
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 1,169
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Anybody know the diameter of the 8ight swaybars? I think the 2.3 mm is the thin silver? What are the other two?
cjtamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #7364
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 737
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

About the clutch shoes...

My stock race roller shoes did not last at all! I will admit that I used the same set for the break-in of my engine as well... I got 1 additional club race out of them before I tossed them... Past experiance tells me I should have gotten at least 2 or 3 w/ the break in process...

The Max-Life shoes I have in it now are fantastic! I am running all 4 aluminum w/ silver springs. Its a bit snappy engaging, but nothing too serious. My engine is a moded Nova 821B so I needed a lil more giddy-up...

So far I have about 2 gallons through the maxx shoes and there is still more life left... I have NEVER seen a set of aluminm shoes last this long.

Just my 2 cents
ALJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:45 AM   #7365
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 737
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
the uni ends with the boots are something i need/want. tried going to your website and it wouldnt pull up the products.
+1, those ends are nice...

Any links where we may be able to purchase them?

That chassis looks sexy... Duno if I would put one on a 1/8 buggy though... Looks very rigid?

And the Akerman arm (or drag link) looks like it could use a bushing or bearing to avoid excessive slop over time..

Dam those parts look good though! I like how they made the chassis. looks like it was milled in two layers then laminated together, then a final milling.. Very nice!

how about a radio tray brace for the 8ight? or even a replacement tray
ALJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi 8ight Clutch building Cvdiver Nitro Off-Road 3 05-21-2008 04:47 AM
Team Losi 8ight Buggy with Brushless Setup RcOneNitro R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-20-2008 06:04 PM
losi 8ight-t package f/t for brushless lipo setup ColeT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 03-02-2008 11:17 AM
Losi 8ight-t setup F/s ColeT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 02-11-2008 08:51 PM
OS .21 V-spec Cluth Setup on Losi 8ight? RcOneNitro Nitro Off-Road 6 09-03-2007 01:07 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Chad Millikan
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:37 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net