Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-17-2008, 12:08 PM   #7336
Tech Initiate

cheers for your help
Old 07-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #7337
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

no problem. just remiember get the motor up to temp before you mess with the needles when trying to tune.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:48 PM   #7338
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NJA82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedguy View Post
drake setup felt ok but stillnot enough steering in intering corner seems to wanna take corners wide and not tight unless i am rolling into them did not have problem with rc8 it would steer tight in to corner on and off throttle. but i am a losi fan all the way tyhey are the best know i am just over looking somthing set all my epa just right double checked my set-up on hudy stand now that all right going to try new servo may be old one is just getting old if that happens going to faster servo maybe its just npot turning wheels in time
Sounds dumb but have you tried a different tyre choice? Maybe the ones you are running and the compound isnt suited for your driving style. Tyres are my first tuning tool then i work outwards from there, this car doesnt really need much setup change from track to track its pretty dialed in if you run the drake or truhe setups.
NJA82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:43 PM   #7339
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrush View Post
hay all need a bit of help with my os speed . problem i have is the engine runs fine but when she get to temp it gose a bit mental as soon as you come off throttle it somtime revs its nuts off sometime it just idles fine for say 2 secs then it starts to rev any help plz
Depends on where it's doing it. If it runs on at the end of a high speed run (like at the end of the straight) it's likely at the edge or even too lean on top and too fat on the bottom. Most common thing I've seen w/ the V-spec, Speeds, even the .12 TZ. I did it with the first one I tuned and it acted like I described. Esp. since you said it revs hard with the pinch test, it should idle, rev a little, then die, all in about 3 or 4 seconds, not just idle high for a long time. Hard to tell b/c the high idle then drop is also a symptom of an engine that has too big an idle gap and is fat on bottom and lean on top, LOL. But that will usually show up even when you don't do WOT runs, and if you pinch test should die very quickly. Either way, what micrors4guy said is straight up, just go back to the factory settings. Tune from rich to lean and look for the smoke all the way through the powerband.
cjtamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #7340
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJA82 View Post
Sounds dumb but have you tried a different tyre choice? Maybe the ones you are running and the compound isnt suited for your driving style. Tyres are my first tuning tool then i work outwards from there, this car doesnt really need much setup change from track to track its pretty dialed in if you run the drake or truhe setups.

+1 Different tire compounds and different foam compounds make a huge difference . I have many sets of the same tires with different compounds and different foams . You can setup the bug any way you want , but if you don`t have the proper tires/foams it won`t help you .
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #7341
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedguy View Post
drake setup felt ok but stillnot enough steering in intering corner seems to wanna take corners wide and not tight unless i am rolling into them did not have problem with rc8 it would steer tight in to corner on and off throttle. but i am a losi fan all the way tyhey are the best know i am just over looking somthing set all my epa just right double checked my set-up on hudy stand now that all right going to try new servo may be old one is just getting old if that happens going to faster servo maybe its just npot turning wheels in time
Do you have the droop settings correct? Sounds stange that your car does not have steering. The Losi 8ight buggy inherently steers more then all the cars made. Do you have your brake bias set correctly? If your corner entry steering is the problem, then this could be the problem.

+1 on the making sure you have the correct tires for your track.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:21 AM   #7342
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post
Just got my 1st LOSI 8B. Love It!!!! My question is what battery packs are you guys running. Whats a good pack and is Lipo worth the extra $ I also don't quite understand if you get Lipo I think you have to have some controller in the battery box. Might be wrong on that one I know one thing the losi batt box is small you probally only have room for the batteries. I'm about to make my 1st trip to the track and want to cover the things I can control. Like dead batteries. I am running a Nomadio react Rx & Tx. Any suggestions for 1st time out at the track are appreciated
I run a Nomadio radio in my 8ight with a 1000 mAh Lipo pack and Novak Lipo regulator. I managed to fit the transceiver and Novak regulator into the receiver box, but it's a tight fit. However, I did get some rare, but occassional 'glitching' with this setup. I don't think the transceiver likes being that close to the regulator, from an electrical noise perspective.

I moved my regulator to the battery box, where it did fit without any problems (a 1000 mAh Lipo battery is pretty small with plenty of capacity in my opinion), and I have not had a radio glitch since.

BTW: your picture shows a long antenna wire... did you not have the Nomadio radio in the car yet when you took the picture?
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #7343
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm thinking about picking up some Dynamite Max-Life clutch shoes for my
8ight buggy. Are these shoes any good? What color springs are you guys running with these shoes?

Thanks.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:54 PM   #7344
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
8ight buggy. Are these shoes any good? What color springs are you guys running with these shoes?

Thanks.
dont....just use the losi blue alum and carbon...

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #7345
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Lars Johnson

Quote:

Thanks.
They're similar to the Losi Long-Wear shoes, LOSA9109. I run all 4 Dynamites with Silver springs on my 8-T always. If i run them on my buggy, I use all Silver springs, and typically that'll give you a bit more punch initially. If i run them with 2 composite shoes, I'll use gold springs on the composites. These will out last composites and the blue Light shoes by a_lot, so you'll just need to keep an eye on the composite shoes and replace them if need be.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #7346
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The dynamite shoes are really good and have very low wear.... probably the longest lasting shoes out there (I'm not sure cuz I haven't tried all of them ).
The black(2) and green(2) springs worked for me.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:10 PM   #7347
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thank you all for your replies.

I notice a lot of you running different clutch springs with your setup. Wouldn't running the same springs be more consistent?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #7348
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
dont....just use the losi blue alum and carbon...
Why do you say that ?
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:20 PM   #7349
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Thank you all for your replies.

I notice a lot of you running different clutch springs with your setup. Wouldn't running the same springs be more consistent?
A lot of clutch tuning is matching your shoes and springs to your engine/pipe combo and to track conditions. Stiff springs engage later and hit harder, as do light Al shoes. Usually good for tracks with high bite or motors that need help on the bottom. Soft springs engage earlier and composite shoes slip more when they engage. Usually good for loose tracks or engines with a lot of bottom end snap. So, running different shoes and springs changes where the clutch fully engages. Play around with it, you'll be amazed how much changing your clutch setup changes the way the car drives.
cjtamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:22 PM   #7350
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
Why do you say that ?
i personally have only used losi shoes, or king heads shoes....i run 2 carbon and 2 alum

i use gold springs on the alum and green on the carbon....

i get over a gallon on my shoes, i check them after every outing and replace them when they get to 23.4mm....

i have talked to many racers including two guys on the losi team that have tryed the long wear shoes from losi and dynamite, they said the losi shoes are better.....being as i have had no negative experience with the stock losi shoes, i have not tried the others.....

i trust what i have seen and am told.....

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote