R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-10-2008, 09:01 AM   #7051
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
i hate to disagree....but its not......the flywheel gets Gouged by the springs quickly making the shoes stick quite often...and there's no fix for it....well maby there is....but i dunno.....ive gona through 3 flywheels in the last couple months.....im moving on to the M2C version and go from there....as the springs actually LAY down on the flywheel as appose to Stabbing it....Most of u losi guys will know what im talkin about.....and also i found the pins to wear alot faster then a standard FLywheel post would...so i fould myself buying sets of those pins almost Every clutch rebuild...M2c here i come.
I use the steel flywheel on the buggy and dont have this problem. Also, for the pind if you are running the 2comp/2al shoe rotate the pins and they will last a very long time.
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #7052
Tech Initiate

With the m2c clutch setup can you run normal clutchbells also do you have to flip your motor mounts?
Camberlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #7053
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE View Post
When the springs begin to stab into the flywheel just take a small file to it and file the area a little bit to make the surface smooth and "semi flat". As for the pins I do not know... I have never noticed much wear on mine. Hopefully this helps you.... or you can try the m2c... good luck either way

my BRAND NEW flywheel that only has about 3-4 bg races on it is Already Pooched from the springs....and as for my older flywheel...well....i polished the scars out...but they were Right back within a matter of tanks.....im 100% switching to the M2C set-up and the springs Lie on the flywheel and not stab into it like the losi......and Check ur pins...i guarenteed they are worn...especially since u havent replaced en...look at them on the level...ull see what i mean.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #7054
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camberlink View Post
With the m2c clutch setup can you run normal clutchbells also do you have to flip your motor mounts?
I'm not sure which mount is is but there is one out there that allows this. Be careful though, it does not provide a solution for the decrease of clearance between the carb and the center diff mount, which is already very close.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #7055
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
I'm not sure which mount is is but there is one out there that allows this. Be careful though, it does not provide a solution for the decrease of clearance between the carb and the center diff mount, which is already very close.
david, yes losi makes a mount that allows for movement front to back....

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:08 PM   #7056
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
my BRAND NEW flywheel that only has about 3-4 bg races on it is Already Pooched from the springs....and as for my older flywheel...well....i polished the scars out...but they were Right back within a matter of tanks.....im 100% switching to the M2C set-up and the springs Lie on the flywheel and not stab into it like the losi......and Check ur pins...i guarenteed they are worn...especially since u havent replaced en...look at them on the level...ull see what i mean.
i ran the same flywheel for 6 gallons last year, i put on a steel one this year with a gallon through it....no problems.......

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:24 PM   #7057
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Quote:
Just trying to help... good luck in what ever clutch set up you decide.
SCUBA STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #7058
Tech Lord

sorry to come off sounding like that SCUBA STEVE...unintentional.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 06-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #7059
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

No Big Deal At All
SCUBA STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #7060
Tech Regular

Is m2c the brand ? Where is it available from
sleek the elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #7061
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek the elite View Post
Is m2c the brand ? Where is it available from

http://m2cracing.com

or A-main or Carolina's....alot of online places carry his stuff.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:15 PM   #7062
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I installed Dynamite extened life aluminum clutch shoes on my 8-t and opened up the clutch after 3/4 to 7/8 of a gallon. To my surprise they are toast. When I mic'd them they were at 21.07 mm. I read that below 23mm it's time to replace them, and they looked worn no noticable driving problems.

Does it sound like normal wear, or should I get more than 3/4 - 7/8 of a gallon out of these shoes?
desertbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #7063
Tech Champion

Same thing for me. Three sets of Max-lifes on three different vehicles. All toasted after the second weekend. Mine measured between 22.9 and 23.3 I'll stick with the 7075 KH which I can at least dress up and use again. I usually go 2 gallons minimum with the KH shoes and maintenance.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:40 PM   #7064
Tech Addict

Air, would you mind posting me a link to the shoes you are talking about. I'd like to try those. Thanks!
desertbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:46 PM   #7065
Tech Champion

Not at all

http://www.kingheads.com/product_inf...6a0ae798ad17fa

Available anyplace you can think of, most likely. LOL. 7075 or 6061

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote