Old 06-05-2008, 11:27 AM   #7007
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertbird View Post
what are "Tony's 12.9G Screw's"?

http://www.tonysscrews.com/main.sc
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #7008
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

tonys screws are good.. titanium is better than stainless but still not the best bet .. i use tonys in my stuff now.. i got tired of using the dremel every time i take the car apart!
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:19 PM   #7009
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
That is interesting. But I'd be more interested to know if they were actually testing one, or wether one of their guys converted one and let others drive it. Obviously I don't have a clue, but I know those 1/8 E8's haul ass.
Nope I heard their pit area was all covered up so no one could see what they were doing. They don't go to that kind of trouble to cover up a conversion.
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:44 PM   #7010
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default starter box

k race day is tom and sat need to get a starter box for this buggy what is everyone using hear losi box will not turn over new motors just broke
n a ninja and a grp .21 don't want to buy a box thats going to burn up on race day need helpp asap!!!
mixedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:34 PM   #7011
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedguy View Post
k race day is tom and sat need to get a starter box for this buggy what is everyone using hear losi box will not turn over new motors just broke
n a ninja and a grp .21 don't want to buy a box thats going to burn up on race day need helpp asap!!!

My Losi Box has turned over several Go Techs and they have one hell of a pinch. I allways heat the engine first and they do get stuck sometimes, but after the first 2 tanks there was no problems.
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:01 AM   #7012
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedguy View Post
Mixedguy---what batteries are you using? There are several starter boxes people use. Losi box, Mugen Pro II, Ofna black Chrome top (10248 and 10249), Ofna Blue Chrome top (10253), Team Magic Turbo II, as well as some others I can't remember. The more milliamps (mAh) that a battery has the more power it will have. Also take voltage into consideration. Two sticks packs will have 14.8v but they will be drained after a day of racing (recharge). A gell cell will have 12v and last a couple months before needing recharged, but it will be really heavy. A lipo will have 14.8+ volts, last all day before needing recharged, and be light weight. The weight savings is significant when at large races cause you always have to move your starter box several times when practice/qualifiers come.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:00 AM   #7013
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

I use an Ofna blue chrome top box and works great . I have a NovaRossi .21 [which has a lot of pinch] in my 8ight and as long as I preheat the engine box does good .
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #7014
Tech Lord

LOSI box all the way.....rewire it with deans wet noodle and solder all the connections and make sure to do a break in on the motor's before trying to RAM it on the buggy....and for batteries....a gel cell wont go a couple months without charge at least none of the 1'z i had would...and i replaced em 1/2 way through the season....but w/e they are heavy and do the trick if u are on a budget...stick packs are a waste of time....2X the charging and they tend to Dye out at the most Inconvenient time...IE in pit row trying to fire for the main..and not too mention 2 goood stick packs are gonna run u at least 100$.......Lipo is the way to go if u already have the charger and lipo knowledge....the weight factor is small compared to the fact u can ram ALLL DAY and ALLL night and not even have to Think twice about the voltage of the battery.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 06-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #7015
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

When racing every weekend I get two months out of my gel cell batteries before needing charging up .
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #7016
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
When racing every weekend I get two months out of my gel cell batteries before needing charging up .

interesting...after a day of starting 2 trucks my gell cell would be down about 1000-1250mah...i kno its no where near the 7000...but after a couple days of that it would be down pretty good and u could feel the difference from a Fresh charge.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #7017
Tech Adept

I need some help with 8b. can someone give me a few thing to rty to tighten the rear end up lose all the time. The set up I'm running is race roller. Thanks in advance guys.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #7018
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=Briguy;4513499]I use an Ofna blue chrome top box and works great . I have a NovaRossi .21 [which has a lot of pinch] in my 8ight and as long as I preheat the engine box does good

I totally agree with BRI, my OFNA BIG BLUE has lasted thru a VSPEC and now starting my GRP with no problems. OFNA BOX is the way to go IMO.
JBURCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #7019
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

TEX- did you have to pit today with the new gearing and non shovel front end today? I couldnt tell all your laptimes looked like pitlaps on rclive.
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #7020
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
TEX- did you have to pit today with the new gearing and non shovel front end today? I couldnt tell all your laptimes looked like pitlaps on rclive.

Tex....whats ur real name ? ill be lookin for it....PM me if need be.