R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-01-2008, 05:24 AM   #6946
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTt 93 View Post
hi,
i'v got this problem withe my cluctch and i can't figure out what is going on. it seems to just tighten up while im racing and then that stops the clutch bell from spinning freely. Why is this happening
do you have a bit of endplay in the clutch bell? You should be able to move the clutch bell just a hair front to back when It's mounted on the engine. Either that or maybe your clutch springs are bad, hard to diagnose without actually seeing it.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:27 AM   #6947
Tech Rookie

Ahaks.
miza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:55 AM   #6948
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hi there,

Im thinking about buying a LOSI 8IGHT kit, and what are the good points and the bad points? and does the kit come 100% not assembled (like bare chassis)
i was thinking about the race roller but i dont know,

thanks in advance

TTR_EB4
Old 06-01-2008, 07:44 AM   #6949
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The race roller is a great car right out of the box. You dont even need to set it up. I bought the kit version and set it up identical to the RR and it's kick @$$!!!

You will LOVE your new 8ight!!
Cory B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:46 PM   #6950
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1 View Post
The best overall I have found is the 11.22:1. To get this I had to go to an 18clutch bell. Losi only makes up to a 16. This is the problem.

You will not be anywhere close to something you would want to use if you use a 16 CB. 16 to the 46 Muggy spur is as close as possible.
It is 2.875 x 4.3 (truck internal gears) = 12.36.
Stock with a 13T CB to the 48 is 3.692 x 3.307 (stock internal gearing) = 12.21
It is even higher than the stock gearing. I tried this but it blew the tires off the rims.
Sorry.
TEX
Tex1 ok if I did the figuring right i can get 11.33 with a 14/48 and stock 8ightB ring and pinion am i still getting the same effect as your setup using and 18 CB and the truggy stuff???

thanks
larry
Camberlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:04 PM   #6951
Tech Adept

Default Shocks springs rate?

Hi.
What is the correct order to hardest to softest in the shocks springs?

Is this?

Grey-white-black-green-silver-red in the front?
purple-grey-white-green-black-silver-red in the rear?

Thanks in adavance
Arushmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:08 PM   #6952
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losifiend View Post
Hey guys. I just orderd an OFNA Hyper .21 motor from tower for like $160. I wanted the Gotech 5 port but Amain was out of stock and this buggy has been sitting bare on my work table for over a month. I was looking for a motor in the $200 range or under as this is my first buggy. I didnt want anything too insane or high priced. Maybe later I'll step up to a "better" motor.
So can any one tell me how what I should expect from this engine? From the specs, it similar to the GoTech 5 port. Same PRM, Power and RPM range.

Thanks in advance,
Rafael
That motor will have massive power, alot of people run it in truggys. It will work in a buggy though just fine. I picked up a 08 Go 3 port 3 Rspec race motor from Amain and it's great.
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:44 PM   #6953
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The set screw on the end of the JP-3 that I have mounted on my 8ight-B disappeared... any idea where I can find a replacement or what I can use in its place?
Semple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #6954
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Red face Not really....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camberlink View Post
Tex1 ok if I did the figuring right i can get 11.33 with a 14/48 and stock 8ightB ring and pinion am i still getting the same effect as your setup using and 18 CB and the truggy stuff???

thanks
larry
Larry,
It will not have the magic of the other gearing. For a given wheel speed through the corners, you will not have the same center diff velocity. When you try to accelerate you have to spin the centr diff back up. This loads your motor and causes you burn the fuel and will actually slow you down. The magic is not in the math... it is in the fact that your motor does not have to stuggle to make the car accelerate.
The better you get at carrying your speed, the harder this will seem to hit.
Anyways, I hope this will clear it up a little for you.
Watch an Associated or 808 run and ask the guy about the acceleration of the buggy they are driving.
Go from there.
Hope this helps,
TEX
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #6955
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Red face

Any M4 screw should work for that JP-3 pipe. Use a little Loctite and notch your mounting bar so it cant ride up and down when it is tight.
TEX
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #6956
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I recently purchased a new Losi 8 prebuilt and noticed that the left rear wheels is wobble alot more than the other 3. Is there something I should check over?
Drift_Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #6957
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semple View Post
The set screw on the end of the JP-3 that I have mounted on my 8ight-B disappeared... any idea where I can find a replacement or what I can use in its place?
Nevermind. Tex already got it.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #6958
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
Nevermind. Tex already got it.

hah...x2...he's got the Jump on us
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:17 AM   #6959
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1 View Post
We moved the arms forward 3mm and allowed the spindle carriers to move forward 1/8th if an inch. It is all optional and can be moved back at any time. What is funny is how close the new Xray arms look like our modified parts we have been running for months.

Sure Truhe and Drake can perfect backside everytime but the one time they don't the car will dig in. Look back for the pics I have posted of this. It is intresting to realize how much you have to let off to get the car to jump and land perfect. Now we get the nose down without worry and just pull the trigger.
TEX
Hey tex

I've been looking back through all your posts and can't seem to find the pics of your front end mods, is there any chance you could repost them for us as I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in a good look at them

Thanks Adrian

offroaders get more jumps and like it rougher!
RETRO RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:05 AM   #6960
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default looking for help

ok new to nitro use to be in elct nine years ago just getting back in hobby in nitro love nitro in the morn. k i am new to site and new too nirto. my problem is this clutch. my clutch says engaged even in netural. i let i guy i know who is semi pro tune my motor it runs alsome ninjia .21. anywys running all carbon shoes shimmed cluthch sop that there is probally lil play. it spins freely when i spin it by hand no bindinding at all spins forever. but when i let the motor set at net the tires spin fast the pro guy said clutch problem but i cant find any bibding. the clutch bell moves sided to side a tade but hear losi clutch bells are know for this cuz i even tried my new bell same thing. i f anyone can give me some insite on this clutch i would apprate its ita losi four shose. only reason i dont use the alum shoes is i am running four classes anfd dont have time for sanding burs off the alum. please pmm me this mpotor is new and dont want to burn it up cuz of this problem. motor idels low after heat cyle break in i let it idle a tank though for the hell of it idle just right all the fast guys said it was right. just cant keep those tires still. using gold springs on carbon shoes i am about too through this cluthch away please help. if u live in st. loius thast would be graet thats where i am at. would pay for knowage. just want it to run right.
mixedguy is offline   Reply With Quote