R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-14-2008, 10:36 PM   #6766
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertbird View Post
The peg on my idle stop screw broke on my 427 engine. Anyone know of a replacement?
Did you search somewhere like amainhobbies or horizon hobbies? Usually places have replacement parts.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:40 PM   #6767
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
Someone had mentioned before that adding the 50t spur you the losi did not need any gear mesh adjustment and that the spur did not stick out the bottom of the chassis. However, i got 2 of them in today and the tip of the teeth (about 1mm) stick out the bottom of the chassis and i did have to move the gear mesh. I will be making a spacer to go under the center diff mounts so the center spurr is not sticking out the bottom of the chassis.

I wonder why they'd tell you that? The 48T spur comes awfully close to showing through the bottom. So...IDK.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 05-15-2008, 07:16 AM   #6768
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Qoncepts Split Diff

Anyone know where to buy a Qoncepts Split Center Diff Mount for Losi 8ight And what they cost ? Or who else makes a similar item?

Jim
J.Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:29 AM   #6769
Tech Addict

Yeah I searched, they do not have a screw specific to the stock engine, I did see idle stop screws, but they don't specify thread pattern and size so I don't know if it will work. I ordered a new carb, sucks to have to buy a new carb if there is a screw from another manufacturer that will work. If anyone has a 427 lying around as a paper weight I'll buy the screw off you and pay for shipping. Heck if anyone has a 427 lying around I buy the whole damn engine off you if your price is right. I'd like to tinker with moding the crank a tad. I then send the new carb back....
desertbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:34 AM   #6770
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Wright View Post
Anyone know where to buy a Qoncepts Split Center Diff Mount for Losi 8ight And what they cost ? Or who else makes a similar item?

Jim
http://www.qoncepts.com/

I've used them the past two years and they're great. A little pricey but it makes getting the center diff out and back in a bajillion times easier
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:35 AM   #6771
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
I wonder why they'd tell you that? The 48T spur comes awfully close to showing through the bottom. So...IDK.
someone had said that losi had tweeaked the pitch of the gear a tad bit to get it the 50t the same size as the 48t. however, they were wrong.
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:45 AM   #6772
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
someone had said that losi had tweeaked the pitch of the gear a tad bit to get it the 50t the same size as the 48t. however, they were wrong.
If they change the pitch of the spur they would also have to change the bell to mesh properly...
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:59 AM   #6773
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
If they change the pitch of the spur they would also have to change the bell to mesh properly...
Technically true, but the assumption that the mesh must be 'proper' may not apply completely.

For example, I can change to any of the available gearing on my 1/8th on-road car and never have to move the engine to adjust mesh. All the 1st gear pinions are the same diameter (15T through 17T), and all the spur gears are the same diameter (47T through 50T). The pitch just changes slightly to make it work.

Same deal with 2nd gear pinions and spurs. In the end, I can choose any pinions and any spurs and never need to move the engine.

I didn't believe this until I saw it. I'm sure there is a tradeoff in the form of geartrain efficiency and maybe even gear life, but those might be acceptable tradeoffs in 1/8th off-road as they appearantly are in 1/8th on-road???
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:34 PM   #6774
Tech Champion

Hmmm..maybe the guy that was saying that, figured the gear mesh would be loose and the "tweaked" 50t could fit. But like you said, he was wrong. And I couldn't see Losi doing something like that. Unless one of the drivers requested it. IDK. weird

So we know now the 50t sticks through the spur gear hole.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 05-16-2008, 12:12 AM   #6775
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
I already solved the ackerman slop problem.

1)Drill the ackerman holes to 1/4" and then press in sleeve bearings:
From McMaster-Carr: SAE 841 Bronze sleeve bearings p/n 6391K113
2)Then drill those out to 5/32"
3)Next insert new shoulder screws: McMaster-Carr: p/n 93985A524

Put a drop of after run oil on and you're done.
Has anyone figured out a way to use a bearing instead of a bushing yet? also which is better the revolution bearing or the rubber bearings on avid rc?
BRETTMASTERJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:12 AM   #6776
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRETTMASTERJ View Post
Has anyone figured out a way to use a bearing instead of a bushing yet? also which is better the revolution bearing or the rubber bearings on avid rc?
i just use a Carbon Anchorman and havent seen any slop in Months.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:55 AM   #6777
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertbird View Post
The peg on my idle stop screw broke on my 427 engine. Anyone know of a replacement?
I think this might work. It's off the dynamite Mach 427

http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ProdID=DYN0928
Old 05-16-2008, 07:19 AM   #6778
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRETTMASTERJ View Post
I personally like the Revolutions bearings, which have a metal shield on one side, rubber on the other. (less drag than rubber on both sides, but still allows you to face the rubber to the "dirty" side to protect the bearings.) Just my $.02
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:09 AM   #6779
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
I personally like the Revolutions bearings, which have a metal shield on one side, rubber on the other. (less drag than rubber on both sides, but still allows you to face the rubber to the "dirty" side to protect the bearings.) Just my $.02
+1
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:38 AM   #6780
Tech Addict

Thanks C&B!
desertbird is offline   Reply With Quote