Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

LOL..... First kits I had? RC250, RC500, Mugen Bulldog, Cox car from 79'.
Started racing when I was 12. And I did own some cars that were not kits. They did have something like suggestions on how to put it together but we were at the hardware store getting parts more often than not.

Don't worry. Get you a good setup sheet and go have fun. I'm sure you will love the car.

I'm trying to get in the Worlds to run the Masters class this year. I'm too old for this stuff!

Have fun!
TEX
Old 02-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BOOST
Hey Retro where do you race in Auckland??

Hey boost, the main club I run at is in Hamilton

www.hrccc.co.nz

but the auckland club can be found at

www.arccc.co.nz

Adrian
Old 02-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RETRO RC
hey come on guys this is a bit harsh Losimadman was only asking a simple question and maybe venting a little.

To be honest I think all of us would be a little upset if there was oil through our new kit.

lets get back on topic

welcome to the Losi 8 hope fully these teething problems won't put you off.

hope to hear of good results soon

Adrian

Thanks I wasn't even bitching that much, but I didn't think all the negative comments were kind of rude for a new person on the forums. I did call Horizon and they are going to replace the kit. It wouldn't have been that big of a deal if it stayed in the bag, but it was all over everything stickers manual and all. I still have to get all the running gear so waiting a extra week or so is no big deal.

Question about the new Ofna molded foams? Anyone run them? Whats the difference in the medium and soft. Do the soft foams have more traction than the mediums? I'm going to order some for my 8ight and not use the ones that come with the kit. Just wonder what ones would be better.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

personally I prefer a firm insert in my tyres as I fell the keep the tyre shape more consistant on most sufaces

adrian
Old 02-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

You may want to try the werks foam also, it's the medium flourescent green/yellow it works great and is a little wider than the average molded foams.... they work very well on the losi wheels
Old 02-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Madman, from what I remember the orange foams have better all around traction. The yellows were taller and would give the tire more sidebite and less forward bite.I quit using them because they don't seem to fit the tires I run too well. Lately if I replace the foam i just use proline greys. It seems to last longer than the open cell foam.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the input it looks like Werks or proline will be my choices.

One more question the wing on the 8ight. Can you mount any other wings from other kits to the 8ight like the MBX5R's? I'm looking to find an adjustable wing that will mount up that doesn't use body clips. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Simple fix losimadman couple nuts and screw's and ur set.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy
You dont use a regulator in the transmitter. Regs are only for the receiver lipo's. Just charge it and then plug it in.
so oops! i mean the lipo for my transmiter doesnt match the plugs that come with the losi charger.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LosiMadMan
I'm not that pissed and yes it was all over everything. I cleaned it up, but the Bag with the shocks I'm not even going to open just yet. I don't think I should have to freeking clean up oil from everything to build my brand new kit. Is that unreasonable?
Your case is more common than what most people think, that is why sometimes you hear of special offers on kits without the box.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

On the foams I usually run the Proline Grey's, I like the fit they have. I have tried others and on the tracks I run at the Prolines fit me best. I do run alot harder tire compound than most guys I know, mainly for tire wear. At the current price for a set of new tires I need them to last me a little while. I went to the harder/ moulded foams because I got tired of having good tires sit with worn out stock foams in them. You might also try the GRP foams. I know a few guys that like them.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mandy116
so oops! i mean the lipo for my transmiter doesnt match the plugs that come with the losi charger.
You'll have to make the adapter then. LHS usually carries the normal RC wire ends in male & female
Old 02-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Default slop

Guys. What, if anything, do you do to reduce the slop in the steering on the 8 buggy? I've noticed the most slop in the ackerman bushings and in the wheel bearings and/or hexes.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qqq000feel
Guys. What, if anything, do you do to reduce the slop in the steering on the 8 buggy? I've noticed the most slop in the ackerman bushings and in the wheel bearings and/or hexes.
Just drive it. That's what I do. LOL. The slop in the steering doesn't seem to be much of an issue with the Losi. Many people have custom mounted bearings in place of the bushings, but they report no significant improvements. so just run it.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
Just drive it. That's what I do. LOL. The slop in the steering doesn't seem to be much of an issue with the Losi. Many people have custom mounted bearings in place of the bushings, but they report no significant improvements. so just run it.
i agree. all losi's have a ton of slop. its how they're driven.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.