R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #6181
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOST View Post
It's just the shock oil in the one bag right? get over it and build the rest of the kit, the shocks don't go on till almost the end of the build if you follow the manual. Horizon wil probably just replace the bag if not juat the oils.
I think he's pissed off because the oil has gone right though the kit not just the bag with the shocks in it because he said there was a hugh wet spot in the box ( not always a bad thing) so who knows what else has been soaked with oil, instruction manuals, sticker sets etc etc

I might be wrong thats just the way I read it

Adrian

offroaders get more jumps and like it rougher!
RETRO RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #6182
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

hey guys i bought the losi lipo for my m11 transmiter. i have the losi balancing charger and the losi regulator w/ switch but the plugs on the battery dont match the regulator. what do i need?
mandy116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #6183
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

The Losi regulator with switch is for the receiver, not for a transmitter Lipo.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #6184
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETRO RC View Post
I think he's pissed off because the oil has gone right though the kit not just the bag with the shocks in it because he said there was a hugh wet spot in the box ( not always a bad thing) so who knows what else has been soaked with oil, instruction manuals, sticker sets etc etc

I might be wrong thats just the way I read it

Adrian
I'm not that pissed and yes it was all over everything. I cleaned it up, but the Bag with the shocks I'm not even going to open just yet. I don't think I should have to freeking clean up oil from everything to build my brand new kit. Is that unreasonable?
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:38 PM   #6185
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Angry

Someone from overseas, that makes less in one day than your hourly wages, cross threaded a bottle of oil and accidently put it in your bag. This is a car kit that you paid more money for than they will see in a half years worth of work.
Get the hell over it and buy some shock oil. It will cost you 3.50, which is less than the cost of shipping you a new bag.
Do you really think Horizon will come clean your shock parts for you?
It is not even the right shock oil anyways.
Wow!
I would have hated to see what you would be like before we had kits.
The RTR guys are not complaining and their shocks leak all the time when they first open the box.
No problem. Just build it and go drive it already.
And.......Have fun!
TEX
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #6186
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1 View Post
Someone from overseas, that makes less in one day than your hourly wages, cross threaded a bottle of oil and accidently put it in your bag. This is a car kit that you paid more money for than they will see in a half years worth of work.
Get the hell over it and buy some shock oil. It will cost you 3.50, which is less than the cost of shipping you a new bag.
Do you really think Horizon will come clean your shock parts for you?
It is not even the right shock oil anyways.
Wow!
I would have hated to see what you would be like before we had kits.
The RTR guys are not complaining and their shocks leak all the time when they first open the box.
No problem. Just build it and go drive it already.
And.......Have fun!
TEX

Before we had kits? How old are you again dude? Thats all there used to be is kits. You shouldn't even be posting stupid comments like that.

Wow post something on these forums and the smart asses who think their cool come out in droves. Sorry dude, but I've been in rc longer than you been alive I bet. My first kit was a Blackfoot followed by the orginal Losi buggy the JRX2. I hate RTR's if you need to know and that's why I bought a kit. Is it too much to ask after spending $500 on a kit not to have oil all over it. Dam you people need some help! Try not being ass holes so much it would sure be nice. I didn't join this forum to read this kind of crap. I bet your one of those who like to be a smart ass online because you couldn't talk to someones face like that huh. I'm sure you would be cool with slapping $500 down on a kit then find it has oil and crap slung all over it.

Before we had kits LMAO!!!!!!!
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #6187
Tech Regular

Well what's the point of coming on here and crying about some oil that leaked. Like I said get over it.
BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #6188
Tech Addict

hey come on guys this is a bit harsh Losimadman was only asking a simple question and maybe venting a little.

To be honest I think all of us would be a little upset if there was oil through our new kit.

lets get back on topic

welcome to the Losi 8 hope fully these teething problems won't put you off.

hope to hear of good results soon

Adrian

offroaders get more jumps and like it rougher!
RETRO RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:18 PM   #6189
Tech Regular

Hey Retro where do you race in Auckland??
BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:37 PM   #6190
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to njballa Send a message via Yahoo to njballa

I'm sure TEX meant Race Roller kits I do agree get over it and move on with life its only shock oil... you must have spilled the stuff before since you've been around since the blackfoot days...... By the way Tex has more knowledge about this product than you have,or ever will have so show some respect!!!!!!!!

By the way I had a grasshopper which came before the Blackfoot which I had one of those as well and the JRX2 , since you brought it up as if, you ruled all because you owned those vehicles ....
njballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:15 PM   #6191
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by njballa View Post
By the way I had a grasshopper which came before the Blackfoot which I had one of those as well and the JRX2 , since you brought it up as if, you ruled all because you owned those vehicles ....
He don't forget the Hornet. At least it had a Mabuchi 540 not the 380 the Grasshopper had.

As for the kit. Download the paperwork that came with the kit if it got oil soaked and contact Horizon about it.
Speaking of building a kits, try the old Ofna Super Pirate M1. You had to RTV the diff cases to the chassis as per the instructions, and it didn't come with it either.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #6192
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Going back a bit I see,
I guess I'll chime in too, two frogs (I still have them with the boxes). On the oil subject, its not uncommon but would get me p.o.'d in a new kit. We have a wharehouse her in town for Hobbico/ Great Planes/ Tower and the local shop sometimes gets some free stuff like shock oil and air filter oil that has leaked out in the bag. Most of the time the cap is just loose, but they can't ship it. I am sure that Losi would send you some new oil if you contacted them about what happened. Tex has a point with the oil not being the right oil, at least the rear.
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #6193
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Two frogs here with the boxes and running gear.
I have had some oils leak on me in the bag. Its usually because the cap is loose or worked its way loose. Still I would be p.o.'d if it was all over a new kit I got. Losi should take care of you on that.
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #6194
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy116 View Post
hey guys i bought the losi lipo for my m11 transmiter. i have the losi balancing charger and the losi regulator w/ switch but the plugs on the battery dont match the regulator. what do i need?
You dont use a regulator in the transmitter. Regs are only for the receiver lipo's. Just charge it and then plug it in.
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #6195
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to njballa Send a message via Yahoo to njballa

I had a frog too, man remember when that was state of the art?
I had a diamond red mod motor in my frog couldn't figure out why the ceramic resistor kept burning up lol. Then i got my first electronic speed control it was a tekin and it was lime green, ah the memories ... Back to 08

I have a mini T to bring me those memories back lol
njballa is offline   Reply With Quote