R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #6166
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Vroom imo its not worth it...just buy a new bone and be done with it...i had a pressed in bone that was Uber tight goin in...but after about 10-15 min on the track it almost worked its way back out....i used red loctite n all...and it still would'nt hold.
yea i'd like to replace all the dogbones but i dont have the $100 to do that so this is the next best thing considering just the pin is worn away. I've actually had great luck after one of my pins came out before i squirted some superglue in the hole,put the pin back in and it's still in thier
vroom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:17 PM   #6167
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

guys thanks for all the pics sorry couldnt get on here earlier, but we had tornadoes tuesday night and havent had any power since, and again thanks for the pics!
nitroveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #6168
Tech Initiate

when replacing the pins you really should use Loktite 638 (metal retaining compound) or something similar. Never had any problems when i've used this although you will need a blowtorch/heat gun to get the pin back out once set.

as for red Loktite it depends which one it is if its a screw/ hydraulic sealant it isn't designed for that application

222 pink/red screwlok, ok for electric buggies if screws keep coming loose not really strong enough for rallyX
242/243 blue (liquid/stick)nutlok, perfect for most situations on most model cars
270 green studlock only use if you never want to remove the screw again as the dremmel will be coming out
chuckyegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #6169
Tech Initiate

OK i just installed a robinson spur gear and i can't get the center diff to stop leaking. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas??
Camberlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #6170
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camberlink View Post
OK i just installed a robinson spur gear and i can't get the center diff to stop leaking. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas??
I had one in temporarly about 6 months ago and didnt have a problem with mine leaking.... Sorry.

Did you use a new gasket/seals?
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:19 PM   #6171
Tech Elite

Oh yea, use a film of grease coating the paper gasket to help seal.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:20 PM   #6172
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok guys I'm new to the forums and have been reading this thread for a few days now. I'm skipping to the end to see if the Servo isssues were ever fixed. I have my Comp buggy in the mail and should arrive antime now. Any tips or comment would be great...
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #6173
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

As far as I know it is if you go by the addendum they out up on the Losi site. Follow it 100% and you should be in there. You also need to use the stock rubber gromets for the servo as it helps with the viberations and raises the servo up a little bit more. I have a good season on mine and have the same throttle servo in there from when I built the buggy. I run the stock radio tray with no extra bracing on the tray. I did add the rubber o-ring under the rec. batt. box about half way through the season. I set up the throttle throw at 60% gas and 45% brake on the EPA. That was the most I throw I could get without the servo trying to move the radio tray. Hope that helps.
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #6174
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Its supposed to be they put up, not they out up
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:23 PM   #6175
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

losimadman, I just built a new buggy and truggy.There will be a addendum in the box explaining every thing so just fallow the directions and you will be good.I ran 30 minute mains last week and was fine.lee
nascarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 07:18 PM   #6176
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarracer View Post
losimadman, I just built a new buggy and truggy.There will be a addendum in the box explaining every thing so just fallow the directions and you will be good.I ran 30 minute mains last week and was fine.lee
Ok cool thank you.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #6177
Tech Fanatic

Well I recieved my 8ight Saturday and was very happy. I had been running my LST2 so I cleaned it up did some maintenence "tightening screws ect". Then later that night I opened the box and saw a huge wet spot on the box. I knew what happend before I found the bag. It's killing me not being able to build my car this weekend, but I have to wait to see what Horizon is going to do about this. I'm not just going to clean it up and call it good everything in the bag has been soaking in oil for no telling how long. I know it won't hurt it, but I shouldn't have to have any doubts in my mind with a brand new kit.

Last edited by LosiMadMan; 04-15-2008 at 06:14 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #6178
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=LosiMadMan;4164368]Well I recieved my 8ight Saturday and was very happy. I had been running my LST2 so I cleaned it up did some maintenence "tightening screws ect". Then later that night I opened the box and saw a huge wet spot on the box. I knew what happend before I found the bag. It's killing me not being able to build my car this weekend, but I have to wait to see what Horizon is going to do about this. I'm not just going to clean it up and call it good everything in the bag has been soaking in oil for no telling how long. I know it won't hurt it, but I shouldn't have to have any doubts in my mind with a brand new kit.

It's just the shock oil in the one bag right? get over it and build the rest of the kit, the shocks don't go on till almost the end of the build if you follow the manual. Horizon wil probably just replace the bag if not juat the oils.
BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #6179
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=BOOST;4164475]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiMadMan View Post
Well I recieved my 8ight Saturday and was very happy. I had been running my LST2 so I cleaned it up did some maintenence "tightening screws ect". Then later that night I opened the box and saw a huge wet spot on the box. I knew what happend before I found the bag. It's killing me not being able to build my car this weekend, but I have to wait to see what Horizon is going to do about this. I'm not just going to clean it up and call it good everything in the bag has been soaking in oil for no telling how long. I know it won't hurt it, but I shouldn't have to have any doubts in my mind with a brand new kit.

It's just the shock oil in the one bag right? get over it and build the rest of the kit, the shocks don't go on till almost the end of the build if you follow the manual. Horizon wil probably just replace the bag if not juat the oils.
Get over what?
Old 02-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #6180
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Check and see if thats the oil you're planning on running. The Losi shock oil is cheap, so you can just get more from the LHS. Contact Horizon, as they may send you new oil, but its just shock oil.