R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-06-2008, 04:57 PM   #6151
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

ezveedub,

did u make sure not to Kink the Faaast antenna ? looks a little cramped in there....i kno i had to space mine out with some foam to prevent the antenna from Kinking...as thats a Nono with the Faast.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:19 PM   #6152
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

I'll be checking it again once I get to clean up the wires. I usually insert foam between the receiver and box, so it can't pinch the antenna wire in a forward hit and the tube is set high enough to keep the wire from getting pinched also. I was going to swap the receiver around so the antenna comes out the back and run it forward, but that just adds more wire in the box running along the servo & battery wires. That I don't want. These Losi boxes are tight compared to Kyosho. I don't think these lipos will fit in a Mugen. I also ran the wires on the lipo to come out the back and over towards the front, so it doesn't get pinched if the battery slams in the box, but highly unlikely. I have foam padding the bottom and top and the battery is very snug in the box. It has clear shrink wrap on if from opening it up, so its a hair bigger than stock a Losi lipo.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:57 PM   #6153
Tech Lord

i run pretty much the exact same set-up......i originally wanted to shrink the lexan into the pack but forgot...w/e next re-wrap.....and i just run the lead directly out the box out of a new hole i made and siliconed up the old 1...and i run a thinner peice of foam on the bottom of the pack as the stock 1 makes the pack sit too high...i also took the dremel to the lid where after a couple runns i could blatently see where it was touching the pack...now the lid fits like a Glove...with no puffing of the lid like before.....i also dont run a switch for the fact that u have to unplug it anyways......the box is a Tight fit...and require's a little fancy wiring or everything will be pinched....i take Great care in the radio boxes i do...and u can tell in the pics. .and some1 last page said they didnt think these 2000's would fit in a Mugen box...well there's pics at the end there..chk it out.....Gotta Love Hispeed Internet.

TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 02-06-2008, 09:05 PM   #6154
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Hi all

Im looking at getting into 1/8 buggy and ive been looking at the rtr losi eight. Now is there any difference between the rtr car and the kit car?

And another thing what size is the motor that comes in the rtr eight.

Sorry for the noobish questions but im new to the nitro scene.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:44 PM   #6155
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to supralative Send a message via Yahoo to supralative

Chassis, shock towers, and some other things are the main difference.
The motor is like a .28 or something if I remember right
supralative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:33 AM   #6156
Tech Initiate

Send a message via MSN to Flode007

No more diff problems http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB3528
Flode007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:29 AM   #6157
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
i run pretty much the exact same set-up......i originally wanted to shrink the lexan into the pack but forgot...w/e next re-wrap.....and i just run the lead directly out the box out of a new hole i made and siliconed up the old 1...and i run a thinner peice of foam on the bottom of the pack as the stock 1 makes the pack sit too high...i also took the dremel to the lid where after a couple runns i could blatently see where it was touching the pack...now the lid fits like a Glove...with no puffing of the lid like before.....i also dont run a switch for the fact that u have to unplug it anyways......the box is a Tight fit...and require's a little fancy wiring or everything will be pinched....i take Great care in the radio boxes i do...and u can tell in the pics. .and some1 last page said they didnt think these 2000's would fit in a Mugen box...well there's pics at the end there..chk it out.....Gotta Love Hispeed Internet.
Integra, do you run the Lipo with the wires forward? I usually run them facing backwards and foam pad the front section of the box. This protects the wires coming in, the battery, and with the wires facing rearwards, in crashes, it can't pinch the battery wires. I've seen this happen on mugens. The battery starts to slam in the box from hitting stuff and cuts the wires in the way. I seen it cut the wires internally, and the outer insulation is fine.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #6158
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
Integra, do you run the Lipo with the wires forward? I usually run them facing backwards and foam pad the front section of the box. This protects the wires coming in, the battery, and with the wires facing rearwards, in crashes, it can't pinch the battery wires. I've seen this happen on mugens. The battery starts to slam in the box from hitting stuff and cuts the wires in the way. I seen it cut the wires internally, and the outer insulation is fine.

im honestly not following u.....the lead on the battery has been wrapped In the pack and comes out the box straite....there's no bunched up wires to crimp...i just unplug it when not in use and let the wires hang.....and the Rx box as u can see i padded it on both sides and velcro'd it in place..so it aint goin nowhere.....i could see guys having issues getting this all rigged up...and I WISH i had the pics that we've both posted now like 2 months ago...that would have been a big help...but now i kno how its done its easy peezy....ill be runnin lipos from now on....ya the mugen thing...cuz the battery can pinch em if they arent run through the box hole properly.....u can see in the pics of buddy's mugen i use 2 sided tape to hold the wires in place all nice and in line....so No pinching possible....with foam a little Ca and some time and effort...u can make ur box look 1000X better....I cant stand a Rats nest of a Rx box....It Hurts my brain.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #6159
Tech Elite

Quote:
im honestly not following u.....the lead on the battery has been wrapped In the pack and comes out the box straite....there's no bunched up wires to crimp...i just unplug it when not in use and let the wires hang.....and the Rx box as u can see i padded it on both sides and velcro'd it in place..so it aint goin nowhere.....i could see guys having issues getting this all rigged up...and I WISH i had the pics that we've both posted now like 2 months ago...that would have been a big help...but now i kno how its done its easy peezy....ill be runnin lipos from now on....ya the mugen thing...cuz the battery can pinch em if they arent run through the box hole properly.....u can see in the pics of buddy's mugen i use 2 sided tape to hold the wires in place all nice and in line....so No pinching possible....with foam a little Ca and some time and effort...u can make ur box look 1000X better....I cant stand a Rats nest of a Rx box....It Hurts my brain.
What I meant is the wire that come out of the battery. Some place the battery with the wires coming out facing forward. I put the battery in so the wires are facing backwards and come over the top to prevent pinching the wire in any hits.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:51 AM   #6160
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01 View Post
Hi all

Now is there any difference between the rtr car and the kit car?

And another thing what size is the motor that comes in the rtr eight.

Sorry for the noobish questions but im new to the nitro scene.
Difference=Chassis, shock towers, shock shafts, shock caps, shock pistons (material??), hinge pins, steering king pins, hex drives and wheel nuts (color), engine mounts, clutch shoes, rear chassis brace, and maybe a couple more items. When the car first came out the little plastic sticker on the RX box lid was different color too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flode007 View Post
I think I'll step up to this just in case the new plastics they are using are different than last years plastic. But this is going by what I've read on here. It's such a simple fix. LOL.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:53 AM   #6161
Tech Lord

ezveedub..chk the 3rd pic....u can see how i have the wire shrinked inside the pack and commin directly out the box...the balance leads are folded and i cut off the locking tab for the balance lead cuz there's no need for it....after every couple runns ill check the pack for any wear spots and adress them accordingly.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #6162
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flode007 View Post
Oh man, I would LOVE to have that. To bad I'm probably going to switch to the Xray 808... It wont be for several months that I switch, so Ill place an order for these anyway.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #6163
Tech Elite

Quote:
ezveedub..chk the 3rd pic....u can see how i have the wire shrinked inside the pack and commin directly out the box...the balance leads are folded and i cut off the locking tab for the balance lead cuz there's no need for it....after every couple runns ill check the pack for any wear spots and adress them accordingly.
I'm actually thinking of cutting a different hole also in the box for the leads to come out. I don't like the stock hole in the front.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #6164
Tech Adept

i know this has been stated somewhere in here before but i couldnt find it using the search, to replace the pressed in drive pins in the CVD's what part number and what manufactuer? were they either mugen or xray cant remember. thanks in advance for any help
vroom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:17 PM   #6165
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom88 View Post
i know this has been stated somewhere in here before but i couldnt find it using the search, to replace the pressed in drive pins in the CVD's what part number and what manufactuer? were they either mugen or xray cant remember. thanks in advance for any help

Vroom imo its not worth it...just buy a new bone and be done with it...i had a pressed in bone that was Uber tight goin in...but after about 10-15 min on the track it almost worked its way back out....i used red loctite n all...and it still would'nt hold.