R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-04-2007, 08:26 PM   #5686
Tech Elite

I have got about 3 gallons on the Losi Carbons with Gold springs. They still were not worn and the size was about the same as new shoes.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:52 PM   #5687
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed View Post
I have got about 3 gallons on the Losi Carbons with Gold springs. They still were not worn and the size was about the same as new shoes.
That's awesome!! I'd be happy with one gallon like Jon. I have only used 4 KH 7075. I was going to see how I liked the 4 carbons soon. I'm glad to hear they don't go out after a few qualifiers.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:45 AM   #5688
Tech Adept

I'm planning on getting an Eight and had a couple of questions:
Is there any talk of a new version being released in the next couple of months - an Adam Drake edition, for example? I'm wondering if it's worth waiting a while as I won't be running it until the spring.
Also, what are the most common screw sizes. It looks like 3/32 and 5/64. I ask because I'll need some new standard size hex drivers.

Thanks.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:26 AM   #5689
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon123 View Post
I'm planning on getting an Eight and had a couple of questions:
Is there any talk of a new version being released in the next couple of months - an Adam Drake edition, for example? I'm wondering if it's worth waiting a while as I won't be running it until the spring.
Also, what are the most common screw sizes. It looks like 3/32 and 5/64. I ask because I'll need some new standard size hex drivers.

Thanks.

I doubt there will be a "Drake" version out at all...seeing as adam runs Very little as for Hop-ups...and its basically a Team truck outta the box....If u check any of the losi set-up's...they dont derive from the box stock set-up very much....and for the Wrenches....get a nice 4 peice kit....Losi's driver kit is Real Nice...i use Integy and they have lasted me Multiple seasons.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:05 AM   #5690
Tech Apprentice

Jon Kerr and Cornerspeed,

When you guys are talking about the "carbon" shoes those are the same as the "composite" ones that come in the kit right? Just making sure that there is not some updated set of shoes that losi has come out with. It's time to change my shoes.

Thanks....Greg
Greg Etter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:31 AM   #5691
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)

Greg they are the same shoes
Old 12-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #5692
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Etter View Post
Jon Kerr and Cornerspeed,

When you guys are talking about the "carbon" shoes those are the same as the "composite" ones that come in the kit right? Just making sure that there is not some updated set of shoes that losi has come out with. It's time to change my shoes.

Thanks....Greg
Yes, the kit composite shoes. I really see them lasting for 5+ gallons. The springs, uh, I don't know. But the shoes I have been running have the same springs for a long time. They don't even mushroom out.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:13 PM   #5693
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon123 View Post

Thanks.
I highly recommend checking into the Bullit wrenches. They are so bad a**. It's worth it to get a good set of wrenches for working on 8th scale stuff. These bullit wrenches can be used in a hand held cordless 1/4" driver for faster teardowns. I'm the only one around locally to have them but at least one to two people use them every weekend. Just look into them. See what you think.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 12-06-2007, 09:14 PM   #5694
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just aquired a used losi 8ight and im just wondering what the width of the losi front arms should be (Losi 8ight Buggy). What i mean is how many mm are the arms length sideways where it slides onto the hingepin, because the arms seem to be floating on the hingepin a fair bit with 1 side alot worse than the other which leads me to believe that possibly the arms plastic has compressed. Is this a common problem? Can you shim them so the arms sit tight on the hingepin.
Attached Thumbnails
Losi 8ight building and setup-8ight.png  
LRP, Intellect, Futaba
rcstunt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:57 PM   #5695
Tech Champion

I'd say just make sure the holes in the arms, the hinge pins, and the F/R hinge pin holders are clean. That will do a lot for you to start with, having the arms move freely. But if the arms are warped, then maybe check into a new set. I don't know the measurements, sorry. I'm not to that level of skill yet. LOOOONG way to go yet.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 12-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #5696
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i cant see how the holders are going to affect it as the arms seem 3 or so mm's short to fill the space on the hingepin
LRP, Intellect, Futaba
rcstunt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:55 PM   #5697
Tech Champion

I'm just suggesting to have a clean and free suspension. No binding. That should be the only worry. If you feel the excess play is too much, try to take one of the arms to a LHS and compare them. Replace if necessary. Other than that, I don't know what to suggest. Sorry.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 12-07-2007, 01:27 AM   #5698
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone try the trinity rear hub's?
Old 12-07-2007, 03:13 AM   #5699
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NJA82

Rcstunt101: If there is excessive play on one side, just use some thin 3/16" axle shims from a Losi or any other brand shim kit you can buy and simply shim them until there is no play, this is common practice and i do it with all my cars, its cheaper than replacing the arms all the time, that sort of wear is very common in off road and is normal.
NJA82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:37 PM   #5700
Tech Initiate

i have a XXXCR for sale with the orion 4800mah and the novak 3.5 brushless system and a 7.5 extra motor and a bunch of extra parts. you can e-mail me at fastaschvy@yahoo.com for more info and a price.
Fastaschvy is offline   Reply With Quote