R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #4831
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

o and yes i like the 60 over the 50 but right now i am currently loving the 086 on my speed.

OS Speed Engines
Futaba
Panther Tires

CRCRC Raceway Webmaster
FullThrottle Raceway Webmaster
KForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:47 PM   #4832
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed View Post
I like the OS 2060 myself, it is a little softer bottom end wise then the 2050. Those 2 pipe's are the only one's I've used with my Speed engine.
I picked up a 2060SC WN and the way it naturally wants to sit, it's touching the tank. The Jammin header has a similar length and fits way better. Anyone else notice this?
G Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:06 AM   #4833
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR13 View Post
you guys could do this to your buggy and not worry about springs and less maintence. just finished my conversion one week ago. oh and shoes i would get 4 King Head aluminum shoes i think the 7075.. they last long and have great bite
Véry véry nice your conversion !!

A little questions please :

> how many time run ?

> How price for this conversion ?

Thank you
zigzag84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:29 AM   #4834
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Y'know, I would think it would be cool to use a clutch with an electric motor...just to get that "feel" If I were to do brushless conversion, I would however use a servo for breaking, so that the battery doesn't have to use as much MAH, and so one can still dial in brake bias.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:58 PM   #4835
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

That brushless conversion is awesome. Makes me wanna do a CRT.5 conversion that much more.

Has anyone used the Robinson CBs yet? I bought one and in my first race I snapped a tooth off Of course, I could have had a mesh problem, but I've run about six gallons through the car on the stock 'bell with no problems so I'm pretty sure the mesh was ok. The motor hadn't shifted or anything like that during the race.

A bunch of guys at the track were telling me the RRP 'bell was junk. And my only consolation was that the guy that sold it to me (and said they were "awesome") was standing right next to me when everyone informed me of this. So I gave him hell the rest of the day.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:31 PM   #4836
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Racer View Post
We just run the clutch stock, 2 carbon 2 alum shoes w/ gold and silver springs. Have had no slippage except after a messy pit stop with fuel getting in the clutch or over oiling the bearings. They have been lasting great, even in the 45 min A main last week in the Pro series north.
Is your flywheel collet slipping, I've had that happen before. The taper in the collet and flywheel is different and come loose. I made some of my own steel collets, I think the new flywheels that are wider are different.

Rex

No slipping just hits way to hard for the track I run on. I need a little less snap.
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:34 PM   #4837
Tech Master

[QUOTE=IR13;3576965]you guys could do this to your buggy and not worry about springs and less maintence. just finished my conversion one week ago. oh and shoes i would get 4 King Head aluminum shoes i think the 7075.. they last long and have great bite.

all my tuning is through the laptop

That thing looks amazing!!!!! Great work!!!! There was a kid running a brushless Truggy at my track a couple of weeks ago, it was wicked fast!!!
gixxerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:33 PM   #4838
Tech Regular

thx gixxerman this thing just rips it lifts the front wheels on concrete with only 5000 wieght in the center
Old 08-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #4839
Tech Adept

Any body run the HD wing from proline or jconcepts and do you notice any difference from the stock losi wing?
dhickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #4840
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I run the black high downforce wing from proline, and the only difference is I have to put a little bit more preload in the rear shocks than with the stock wing. I thought it cleared jumps a bit more level at first, but you can fix that by adjusting your shock preload. It does help the rear end of the car stay planted while speeding down the straight away.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #4841
Tech Adept

Thanks for info I think I will give the proline a try I did notice it sits alot lower than the stock wing.
dhickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:50 PM   #4842
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Timmahh

just an FYI. Neighbor wanted to use a losi starter box he bough< not hte 8 SB, so after looking around, found that it was suggested to buy the Backplate, to remove the spin start, and the new Motor mounts.
got the motor mounts today only. installed them and everything works fine without the backplate, still have the spin starter plate installed.

so Why is the non spinstart back plate needed?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/562290-wreckluse-crawler-chassis-other-scaler-parts.html http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/562534-hpi-baja-items-f-s-motor-rtr-tranny-full-wheel-sets-servos-more.html
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:41 PM   #4843
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
just an FYI. Neighbor wanted to use a losi starter box he bough< not hte 8 SB, so after looking around, found that it was suggested to buy the Backplate, to remove the spin start, and the new Motor mounts.
got the motor mounts today only. installed them and everything works fine without the backplate, still have the spin starter plate installed.

Eliminates the air leak.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:29 PM   #4844
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post

That's good to hear. I hope it works for him. Take the side mud guard off and check the rear of the engine mounts to make sure they are sitting flush with the chassis. If not this could cause fast clutch bearing wear, tooth wear on the CB and spur. Just FYI. But if all is ok then he's good to go with two ways to start it.
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 07:46 AM   #4845
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

new lid for the ohio finals.

body wrap by Panther Motorsports Designs

OS Speed Engines
Futaba
Panther Tires

CRCRC Raceway Webmaster
FullThrottle Raceway Webmaster
KForce is offline   Reply With Quote