R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #4111
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
now losi has a top brace just like Fioroni and it is half the price. i think it looks better because it matches the chassis well. here is a picture of it. part number LOSA4440.
JOECOOL- Thanks for the pic, I was looking all over for one. Definitely try the M2C weights that go on the plate. SMOOOOOTH.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:04 PM   #4112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Trebor, what's going on in your neck of the wood's? Any good race's coming up? I need a road trip.
freefallmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:25 PM   #4113
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
anyone here running the m2c hinge pin plates? i just got the 3 toe 3 anti squat from amain hobbies. my rear end floats much smoother than stock. i wish they made this set up for the front also.
I drove an 8 last weekend with these plates and I ordered a set today. I was impressed.
RBMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #4114
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i have raced at leisure hours 2 times indoor, never outside. i live about 2.5 hours away so i make sure when i go there i will enjoy the entire day. the first time i went there with my 8ight (first time ever running the car after break in) i was really struggling to keep it from traction rolling on the indoor track. i was using proline inside job tires with the edges trimmed and still rolled all the time. as we said bring a few sets of panther switch 2.0s. losi's stock set up works fine, just fool around with sway bars and set your brake bias to tighten up turning. making a C main is there is like making the A's anywhere else. i swear people drive like controlled MANIACS there.

can anyone participate in the racing there during the pro series? if so i would love to pick up a sponsor. just set me up with free tires, engines and fuel i will drive for your company!
joecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:15 PM   #4115
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Johnson View Post
thats what i like to see...
That's what I'm talk'n about. I'm sure he made up his mind the first time he saw the RC8

well, not really. but It is good to see him drive the same cars we both started out with!
Old 06-15-2007, 04:57 PM   #4116
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anyone use the aluminum servo saver top? I just ordered it hoping it will solve my centering issues. I have tried two servos and both were new. When letting off the steering from full lock the car will not fully come back to the center. it's annoying when I'm trying to haul a** down a back straight that is 75 feet away. So, I hope this will improve things a little.
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:01 PM   #4117
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Air8
I have had the same issue before. I talked to a guy at my local track and he said that the aluminum piece will help that problem. I still use the plastic, but I clean it after every race day and use a dry lube on the saver areas and never had that problem again.
lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:14 PM   #4118
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovell View Post
Air8
I have had the same issue before. I talked to a guy at my local track and he said that the aluminum piece will help that problem. I still use the plastic, but I clean it after every race day and use a dry lube on the saver areas and never had that problem again.
Hmmm. Thanx. So would graphite powder be a good dry lube? I was about to buy everything new for the servo saver and steering links, but thought I would try the aluminum top first.
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:23 PM   #4119
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Use a wax lube, like Pedro's Ice Wax, White Lightning or Finish Line Krytech (bike chain waxes). They go on as a liquid and dry so they won't collect dirt. Graphite usually works best on hard surfaces.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:34 PM   #4120
Tech Elite

Who's got the top plate's in stock? Losi, top plate's.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:36 PM   #4121
Tech Elite

I wonder if the pro's use all this stuff were buyin? I would figure they would keep there car as light as possible. And they dont crash alot.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:40 PM   #4122
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
Use a wax lube, like Pedro's Ice Wax, White Lightning or Finish Line Krytech (bike chain waxes). They go on as a liquid and dry so they won't collect dirt. Graphite usually works best on hard surfaces.
Davidka-one more post for 2000, how much do you like the 8ight?

I doubt the pros use all the aluminum, maybe the Al.Rear Bearing Inserts. But like you said, weight is very sensitive.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:14 PM   #4123
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefallmarine View Post
Who's got the top plate's in stock? Losi, top plate's.
A main and Carolina's RC both have them.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #4124
Tech Regular

Free fall we are going to the rc pro race in omaha and joliet.I believe the joliet race is at liesure hours.If you want to ride along you are more than welcome.

Matt ,We will be up for your race.I think we are skipping the extreme race for the joliet race.If you are going to nats we will see you there.Thanks a bunch for the help again.I made the main at rc pro in oklahoma city and it went downhill from there.I was running in sixth at 25 minutes or so then a dang shock nut fell off.It was still a lot of fun meeting freefall and hanging out.
indaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:43 PM   #4125
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

the one alum part i would get is the alum servo saver arm....it cured my servo saver binding......i will get teh alum bering holders also....but for me that is about it.....

matt

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote