Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi 8ight building and setup >

Losi 8ight building and setup

Losi 8ight building and setup

Old 05-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anybody know if newer kits have been updated? White shock oring's,harder rear outside hinge pin's,etc? How would you tell on the box? Gonna get a spare car and would like to get one that has all the rolling change's on them.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yes i have a newer kit, white shock o-rings, rear outside hinge pins are now a natural metal color & no longer black. clutch shoes look to upgraded as well, the alloy ones are now blue, instead of silver. Aaron confirmed the newer parts previous page.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I wonder if there are any change's on the box so i can tell if im buying an old kit or a newer one. Anybody know?
Old 05-20-2007, 01:58 AM
Tech Addict

no changes to the box, basically if you buy a kit now you would be pretty safe in getting one with the updated parts.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So the updated parts, do they sell them like this now or is it only in the kits?
Old 05-20-2007, 05:06 AM
Tech Addict

yes the old orings have been replaced (black ones) with the white ones but still use the same part number. i take this would be the case for the rear outer hinge pins also.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

good call on the gas truck thing freefallmarine. I am running gas truck this season to. And yes it does teach you to drive better and smoother as Aaron already said. Just wait until you get that little 1/10 on a blown out track...

Yesterday I won the 1/8 B main and bumped. Right after that I ran a 1/2 hour A main for gas truck and then the 1/8 A main for buggy right after that. The Eight held up well for a 20 minute and 30 minute main. Had a lot of fun.

I ran the Truhe setup on the Eight. Does anyone have a really good setup they like that I could try for a really rough track?. Seems like alot of guys were running silver up front and rear. I also am looking for a good dry slippery setup for a clay track.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

At least on the 8T I have the newer white O rings. I still have the old rear hingpins though.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Laysander
hey guys...i just finished the break in today (5 tanks)...using the Hitec 645MG...somebody from the track adjusted the fwd/and brake settings on my radio..so it will just have a very small movement on the servo when im hitting the gas and brake...i hope this servo will last or else my 8ight will be on Ebay..heheheh
I wouldnt hold my breath on that servo holding up for very long. I found that the cheaper servos just dont hold up as well on the 8.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomdav
At least on the 8T I have the newer white O rings. I still have the old rear hingpins though.
And dont forget the 2 fried throttle servos!
Old 05-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
What secret? That bigger wheels are better?

Bumpy tracks are all about pulling the trigger more slowly. There's no magic fix to make any car float through the ugly stuff, you just gotta keep your momentum up and keep the car straight!
The secret is that the Medial Pro rims and tires are the same size as the stock Losi 8 Step Pins and this maintains the same final drive ratio giving Losi drivers some great tire options since Losi is very slow to offer them.

I found this fact gave me some great tire options yesterday while racing Billy Easton (of course he still killed me-lol). I ran the Medial Pro Vega's in the Green compound on a highly blown out, land mined, and abrasive track (Thunder RC in Elkhorn, WI) and they hooked up great and showed all but no wear.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Satoch what kind of setup were you running for a blown out track like that. Ours yesterday was so bad I blew a foam out of a tire, my servo tray broke and the battery lid popped up and battery flipped upside down. It was really rough and the car was like a bucking bronco so to speak...
Old 05-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Stewart Fan
I wouldnt hold my breath on that servo holding up for very long. I found that the cheaper servos just dont hold up as well on the 8.
I have never seen any cheap servos hold up for too long in an 8th scale...
Old 05-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by satoch
The secret is that the Medial Pro rims and tires are the same size as the stock Losi 8 Step Pins and this maintains the same final drive ratio giving Losi drivers some great tire options since Losi is very slow to offer them.

I found this fact gave me some great tire options yesterday while racing Billy Easton (of course he still killed me-lol). I ran the Medial Pro Vega's in the Green compound on a highly blown out, land mined, and abrasive track (Thunder RC in Elkhorn, WI) and they hooked up great and showed all but no wear.
Considering Billy was 2-3 seconds a lap faster then anyone of us at the track - I'd hardly say we raced him.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwalters
Satoch what kind of setup were you running for a blown out track like that. Ours yesterday was so bad I blew a foam out of a tire, my servo tray broke and the battery lid popped up and battery flipped upside down. It was really rough and the car was like a bucking bronco so to speak...
Chad if you want my set-up call me and I will give it to you. Later Shawn

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.