R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-05-2007, 02:05 PM   #2776
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor
Does anyone have any extra drilled pistons they would like to share? My LHS doesnt carry them. Ill even pay.Help. I am trying to get the right set-up so it will be nice.
Dont worry about drilling the pistons.
freefallmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:13 PM   #2777
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy
trebor- you dont NEED the drilled pistions to have a good setup.
Ok, thanks. I just want to be all ready when I put it out there. Thanks though.
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #2778
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefallmarine
Dont worry about drilling the pistons.
Thanks Freefallmarine. I think I will just stick with the stock. Im gonna be ready soon, cant wait.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #2779
Tech Elite

Can anyone tell me what the weight of the car is suppose to be for the RC pro series? How diffrent is the weight for Roar? same? Thanks.
freefallmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:09 PM   #2780
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Talking

Carl,
7 lbs and 4 oz. Remember??? I was about 10 or so grams over that.
TEX

BTW - You coming up Sat? Jason is going to start racing with us!
(972) 271-4844
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:11 PM   #2781
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Topher*
Where is Adam Drake's "The Dirt" setup posted?
It is on team losi's website. Look up the 8ight and you will find Drake's, Truhe's, Amercuz's latests setups listed. The Dirt setup is listed at the beginning of this thread.

www.teamlosi.com
Associated B6
Durango DESC410V2 Pro
sport10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:17 AM   #2782
Tech Master

Does everybody use a failsafe? Just wondering, if I have DSM, will I need it? And also what about fuel filter? Are these just extras or recommended?
Old 04-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #2783
Tech Regular

If you drill the pistons go 2.5wt lighter on oil.
Hot Bodies, HPI, Novak Electronics, JR Propo, Lunsford, Skipgear.com, Planet R/C, Vinyl Graphics Unlimited, JConcepts, B-Mods Racing, CRCRC, King's R/C Raceway, Avid R/C, GMK Supply, & Pacific Coast Hobbies.
SlobbaTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:26 AM   #2784
Tech Addict

Quote:
Does everybody use a failsafe? Just wondering, if I have DSM, will I need it? And also what about fuel filter? Are these just extras or recommended?
If you have Spektrum DSM the fail-safe is built in...just rebind your receiver while holding the brake where you want it for fail safe. You can test by just turning off your radio without the car started and watching where the servos shift to.

I was told the stone in the tank was sufficient, but I'd be curious to know how many of you are using an additional filter as well.
glitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #2785
Tech Regular

Quote:
Like mentioned above regarding the failsafe with DSM, but I would NOT set it for full brake as the fail safe...I would set it for neutral (assuming you have a throttle return spring on there)...here is why....

I have heard of several throttle servo's being burned out because a radio was shut off, and the buggy was not...if that happens, it will go into fail safe mode, and if you have it set up for full brake, and you do not notice it, there goes your $100 servo....I have mine set at neutral with a throttle return spring off an lst2 and it works well
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #2786
Tech Addict

Unless your endpoints are not set up properly, it really shouldn't matter where you have your failsafe set. Personally, I would definitely set it to at least partial brake. Why is neutral any better than full brake or full throttle for a servo? An expensive digital servo is always working to hold the position that a receiver is telling it to be at when it is powered and receiving a signal so it works just as hard at any point in the travel as another.

I can see staying slightly off full brake to relieve a little linkage pressure but can't agree with neutral being the best fail-safe position. Also, it's a really good idea to rebind the proper fail-safe AFTER setting up your radios trims and end-points. This is because the Rx is saving a specific signal from the Tx as it's failsafe command. If your radio EPA is maxed at 55% brake and you're holding full brake when binding, failsafe will be 55% brake until reset again. If you do this before setting your radio end-points, you could have the fail-safe set at 100-150% brake EPA.

Last edited by glitchy; 04-06-2007 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Added a little more detail...
glitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #2787
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How do you guys set ride hight? Im not talking about how to measure it, but how to find where the suspention comes to rest. It seems with 1/8th buggies and truggies, there is so much stiction from the tires and shocks that its hard to get a consistant reading. It seems to really matter how high off the table its dropped from.
Dale.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:55 PM   #2788
Tech Fanatic

We drop the buggy from 6-9 inches and then roll the car by the tire back and forth a couple times to get the suspension to "settle" at it's true ride height. Then we use a set of metal "Go/No Go" spacers with a zip tie atttached. We have them from 25mm to 30mm and slide them under the chassis.
Merlin Glow Plugs www.merlinglowplugs.com
Vantage Racing www.vantageracing.com
Mods by Rocket Ray! email: CowboyRa@sbcglobal.net
satoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #2789
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok thats what I am doing too. Rolling it back and forth a few times to let it settle. just wondering if thats what most people did.
Dale.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:32 PM   #2790
Tech Rookie

Default T-Maxx 2.5 Upgrades

Hello I have a T-Maxx 2.5 and already started doing some upgrades but still feel i could do more and would like to know what other upgrades i should recomend to make my truck go faster and that handles good?

My Upgrades: IntegyParts: SuperDuty MSR5 Shocks,SuperDuty Chassis, Front and lower Arms, front and rear skid plate, chassis brace, Bulkhead, front and rear gear box, a Nova engine head, and a dynamite exhaust. So far the truck looks amazing and handles better than stock but i want more power.

So what else should i get? i plan to get new gears but don't know which to choose. Should i get a knew engine, if yes which would be good?
Tiago13 is offline   Reply With Quote