R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-03-2007, 11:02 AM   #2236
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

i went from the hyper 7 to the eight and i love it i still use the 7 for fun i let the misses use it so that she can get into the hobby but the 8 is great loads better i think .but if you have the gear you would be better getting the comp kit not the rtr if you want to race unless your track will let you use the 427 mill
bloodrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:22 AM   #2237
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

if i get it i am going to get the kit... i have a good motor and good electronics....... so ya... the kit is the way to go for me.....

Thanks for the info...
http://stevejavorsky.zenfolio.com
More and More its BEARDMORE !!!!!!! (Thanks Todd)

Last edited by SteveJa; 03-07-2007 at 10:28 AM.
SteveJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #2238
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny.A
Hi On the Ninja, use the Ninja 2053 pipe with the Long manifold - it produces a very correct powerband for the engine. Also the Novarossi 2008 is a good pipe for it. From the two, I used/would use the Ninja, it's SUPERB with the engine, giving it a very "electric" feeling, and are good on milage. The NR pipe gives slightly longer runtime, but doesen't feel as "right" as the Ninja. They are both 3 chambers!

Ninja 2053 Tuned pipe : MUGMR15001
Ninja Long Manifold : MUGMR14007

Total for pipe & manifold = 117.98$
Here's a direct link to the Ninja combo at Amain Hobbies:

Ninja: http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...a&filter_id=19
Have a nice day

Thank you very much for the additional input on the pipe selection for the Ninja...
I apprecate the extra input on the Manifold selecection, Since I had no knowladge on this subject as well
GTB_USER_Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #2239
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB_USER_Erik
Thank you very much for the additional input on the pipe selection for the Ninja...
I apprecate the extra input on the Manifold selecection, Since I had no knowladge on this subject as well

You're welcome Eric
Ronny.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:26 PM   #2240
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to XMSRacing Send a message via Yahoo to XMSRacing

Question for the guys running the 14.8 v lipo packs in their starter boxes. How are you charging them? Are you only charging them to the 13.8ish volts your power supply puts out? Or do you need to get a different power supply and charger setup?
XMSRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #2241
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hey guys

Hey guys I have something to say. I was at my lhs for our normal saturday race. So I went through 4 throttle servos in the past month. This what I have done to the throttle so far, 1- cut the ball cup, cut the spring, alluminum chassis braces, kingheadz radio tray stiffiner. So I put in my new servo last week. It lasted me all last week and 3 qual's and the main today, untill the last jump on the main after the final lap it was right after I finished. So I was able to finish the race and then all of a sudden my throttle servo went out. Now what all my inpoints were correct I had the lhs guys and a guy that has been doing the for 14 years help me set up my throttle and I mean it was perfect. At wide open throttle it had about 2mm more to go so that was good and brake was good also. So I do not know what happened today.But what I noticed was when I was racing the quals I would not use much brake at all I wout just glide into a corner to turn so in the main I said let's see what would happen if I use a little more brake so I did, I did not use much more but you could tell I was using more then before and after I was using more brake for about 10 min into the main I noticed it was getting all twitchie, then like I said it went out at the end of the race. So I am asking do you think a even shorter and less thicker throttle spring may do it. What ever your opinions are on what I should do I would love to hear them because I am sick of burning up servos. I even had throttle return bands on my throttle servo so it would come back to nutral when I let off the gas. Thank you guys and I would really appriciate your opinions.
losi8ight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:58 PM   #2242
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMSRacing
Question for the guys running the 14.8 v lipo packs in their starter boxes. How are you charging them? Are you only charging them to the 13.8ish volts your power supply puts out? Or do you need to get a different power supply and charger setup?
If its th HT Battery, then it is highly recommended to use the HT balance charger and adapter harness to charge this battery. The HT batteries and charger charge the packs in parallel, NOT in SERIES. So this way it can charge each cell independantly. If a cell is going bad, then it won't over-charge the good cell and cause it catch fire. This is the biggest risk of LI-PO batteries. Most chargers are set-up to charge in series. Check out the web-site. The instructions that came with my HT balance charger explained it very well and makes a lot of sense.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:00 PM   #2243
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB_USER_Erik
I back up the recommendation of the Ninja pipe with the Ninja engine.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:19 PM   #2244
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi8ight
Hey guys I have something to say. I was at my lhs for our normal saturday race. So I went through 4 throttle servos in the past month. This what I have done to the throttle so far, 1- cut the ball cup, cut the spring, alluminum chassis braces, kingheadz radio tray stiffiner. So I put in my new servo last week. It lasted me all last week and 3 qual's and the main today, untill the last jump on the main after the final lap it was right after I finished. So I was able to finish the race and then all of a sudden my throttle servo went out. Now what all my inpoints were correct I had the lhs guys and a guy that has been doing the for 14 years help me set up my throttle and I mean it was perfect. At wide open throttle it had about 2mm more to go so that was good and brake was good also. So I do not know what happened today.But what I noticed was when I was racing the quals I would not use much brake at all I wout just glide into a corner to turn so in the main I said let's see what would happen if I use a little more brake so I did, I did not use much more but you could tell I was using more then before and after I was using more brake for about 10 min into the main I noticed it was getting all twitchie, then like I said it went out at the end of the race. So I am asking do you think a even shorter and less thicker throttle spring may do it. What ever your opinions are on what I should do I would love to hear them because I am sick of burning up servos. I even had throttle return bands on my throttle servo so it would come back to nutral when I let off the gas. Thank you guys and I would really appriciate your opinions.
If you are not using the rubber grommets that come with the servo you might want to start. The grommet should help isolate the servo from vibration and twisting forces making the servo last longer.
Associated B6
Durango DESC410V2 Pro
sport10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:20 PM   #2245
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Losi8ight: I also checked the epa and set it up according to the pics earlier in this thread. My first outing with the 8 (also my first thing bigger than a Stadium Truck) and I went through 2 Airtronics 94358s and a friend threw me a JR 550 (ya i know, wrong throttle servo for sure but I had only less than 10 minutes with the buggy) That also went, but at about one hour of driving Im seriously pissed about this, but still had fun nonetheless. The carb was set so there was still 2-3mm of play at WOT, and I set the brakes on the light side, especially with the JR since it doesnt have enough torque anyway. I dunno what to do, my carb is as parallel to the throttle linkage as can be and I cut part of the ballcup off so the spring wouldnt bind (still play at "full" brakes)

This all happened today btw. Friggen blows. Buggy is awesome to drive though. Maybe I need more play? The 358s are more than up to the task for throtttle. I lubed my carb also which was moving freely by hand. Ill try to get pics tomorrow after I clean the buggy.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:40 PM   #2246
Tech Regular

hmmm no signs of your carb hitting the centre brace? do you have your servo shimmed up so the bottom isn't hitting the chassis?
IR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:42 PM   #2247
Tech Regular

I would also recomend changing the springs on the linkages to softer ones if you can find them.
IR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #2248
Tech Elite

Ya I shimmed the servos up a good amount and the carb is not touching the center diff brace. Ill get pics tomorrow so that you all can tear me to pieces cause Im sure its a noob moment. We can all have them right? ;-)
Old 03-03-2007, 08:47 PM   #2249
Tech Elite

About the spring, I will buy a softer one if I know which one to get.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:18 AM   #2250
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default servo

Just maybee its not the buggy but the servo. My son and I both have an 8ight and both are set up by me. his had a new airtronics servo and mine has a futaba. I have ran mine about 8 gallons and no issues but about the 2 gallon mark his servo took a crap. Put a futaba in his and all is well.
sracer is offline   Reply With Quote