R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #1861
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

im useing that box with no problems at all.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:08 PM   #1862
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi8ight
Hey guys I have a real quick question for you. I just bought a king headz radio tra stiffiner for my 8ight and I was wondering if you have any suggestings where would be the best place to mount my PT becasue I am not able to mount it where it is supposed to go becasue the radio tray stiffiner has a curve in it where the hole go to place the Pt. Heres a pic

Mount it using the same holes underneath on the bottom of the tray. You will have to clip off the end hole on the transponder.
Hitecs
M11
DSM
and a Retired 8ight.
MonkeyWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #1863
Tech Initiate

what you guys think of this http://www.philboothmodels.co.uk/ind...ILS&id_prd=537
bloodrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:45 PM   #1864
Tech Rookie

Default Dry slick track

I ran on a technical, dry, slick track.....fairly rutted red clay. Do I need the stock sway bars (thick) I have a rtr converted to a kit besides the thinner sway bars. Think I should X the sway bars all together, combo it, or just leave the thick bars be.
zeteckat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #1865
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyWrench
Mount it using the same holes underneath on the bottom of the tray. You will have to clip off the end hole on the transponder.
Thanks man but the thing is I do not want to cut the end off my PT because I use it on other cars also. So I am going to have to figure out something.
losi8ight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:33 PM   #1866
Tech Rookie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy
losi8ight- your diagram for caster is wrong. thoes links you are pointing to are for adjusting the toe in/out for the front wheels. the caster is in the front spindles.
Thanks micros4guy for pointing that out. Sorry I am a new to buggy setups so would you mind telling me where the caster is and if you have a picture that would be awesome. Thanks again.
JOSH K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #1867
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrush

That looks to be the same as the LRP (US model) if so they do run great. Not too sure on the longevity.

TLR / Team Orion / Spektrum / AKA / TEKIN / Horizon Hobby / upgrade rc / AVID / SCH / SPY / HAL'S HOBBY WAREHOUSE
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #1868
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

losi8ight I'm running those king heads braces on my eights and found the only way to mount them is in the same holes but underneath. Give credit to the post above... To make it look nice trimming the end mounting tab would be the only way to go. It tucks that pt wire right in the back super nice
cwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:50 PM   #1869
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I'm running mine mounted underneath with the light facing up and the wires to the outside toward the mudguard. I didn't trim anything off.

Has anyone done the shock o-ring trick under the radio tray? I'm not sure how that's supposed to help not break servo mounts?
MercyRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #1870
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Thanks mercyrev I will have to try that out.
losi8ight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:01 PM   #1871
Tech Rookie

Talking Hi

Hi everybody I am new here as some of you know and I am just getting frusterated with all this new setup with buggys becasue I am used to raceing MT. So I was wondering if somebody can take there time and explain again what camber,caster,and toe is and where it is located on the 8ight and which way I need to turn the camber and caster for the front of the 8ight and the rear of the 8ight, becasue I saw some where that the rear never use's toe out and the front never uses toe in. So I was wondering how do put toe out in the front and how do you put toe in on the rear like I think what I am trying to ask is which way do I turn the camber I think. Sorry guys for all these questions but I am new to buggy and I would like to know what other buggy racers are talking about. Thanks guys.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:16 PM   #1872
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

That's a big question there...I would suggest buying a RPM Camber guage, it's somewhat accurate, and then read the book. It has some setup changes and the effects mentioned in the back.
On toe out/in. Sit in a chair, put your feet together, then point your toes out or spread your feet apart and leave your heels together. That's what toe out on the front looks like. You tighten or loosen the links in the front to change the effect.

In the rear, you use the toe plates that have different numbers marked on them. Higher the number, the more toe-in you have in the rear. The more toe-in you have, the more rear traction or forward bite. They also adjust Anti-squat on the same plate. If you read the book, it'll explain how to adjust the anti-squat as well.

The camber link is the top linkage at the front and the only one in rear. You have to figure out which way to screw them in or out depending on how you installed them when you built the buggy. If you look closely, they have a mark on the linkage, if you installed them opposite, then you'll actually have to turn them in different directions for the same result. If you have the camper guage you can tell which way it's going after you make the adjustments.

That's basic, and I'm no expert, but I hope it helps and I'll step aside and let everyone else tell you the rest.
MercyRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:25 PM   #1873
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks

Thank you mercyrev very much so can I buy one of these rpm camber gauge on amainhobbies.com. Thank you again.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #1874
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Front:

Camber is adjusted by the turnbuckles in the top camber link. Part A6540 in step B-09 of the manual. Shorten this rod to increase front camber. Lengthen the rod to decrease front camber.

Toe-out is adjusted by the steering turnbuckles. Part A6542 in step B-10 of the manual. Shorten this rod to increase toe out, lengthen it to decrease toe out.

The way you have to turn the turnbuckle will depend on how you installed your turnbuckles. Just measure the rod length, give it a few turns in one direction, then measure again. This will tell you which way to turn it.

Rear:

Toe-in is adjusted by changing part A1746 in step D-06. This plate is removed and replaced with a different plate for different toe settings. Ie. You would use the 2 deg toe plate for 2 degrees. If you wanted 3 degrees, you would purchase the 3 deg plate and install that in place of the 2 deg plate.

Rear camber is once again adjusted using the camber turnbuckles. Part number A6541 in step D-10. Once again, shorten to increase camber, lengthen to decrease camber.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #1875
Tech Rookie

Default Is this it

Is this one of them and how exacley do they work like do they have numbers on them to tell you your camber raatio and which one would you buy.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4501

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/9056

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/11657
Or should I get a set of four like this
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/11661

Last edited by JOSH K; 02-14-2007 at 07:45 PM.