R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2007, 03:37 PM   #1711
Tech Adept
 
weezer23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 144
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

so what has everyone done with the gear mesh in the rear????
weezer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:40 PM   #1712
Tech Master
 
RBMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Santa Clara CA
Posts: 1,264
Default

+1 for the Mugen starter box

RB pipes work better (2020 or 2045)
RBMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #1713
Tech Addict
 
dirtracer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE


*Mugen Diff fluid F 5k / C 6k / R 3k

i've never seen it anywhere, so where do you get 6000 diff fluid at......or is that something you mix youself?
__________________
Losi 22
Losi 810-e
Losi SCTE
Losi XXX-MF2/CRC SC
B&T R/C - http://b-treman-rc.valp.net/btrchome.htm
dirtracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #1714
Tech Fanatic
 
Kcdzim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 895
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kcdzim
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtracer1
i've never seen it anywhere, so where do you get 6000 diff fluid at......or is that something you mix youself?
6000 wt silicone oil is available from your LHS or online. Amainhobbies.com (for example) has a fairly wide selection of diff oils.
__________________
Losi 8ight 2.0 Associated SC10 Associated RC10T Xray T3 2011
Corally RDXΦPhi Vintage Transam
Professor Z Graphics
Kcdzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:35 PM   #1715
Tech Addict
 
jland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 669
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezer23
so what has everyone done with the gear mesh in the rear????

Weezer, I just checked mine and I made the mistake of putting the outdrive cup with the set screw on last, and the instructions state to put the drive gear throuth the 2 bearings then put the out drive cup on with the set screw, I put some pressure on it and there was no play, it made it alot better with the mesh and it is fine now, you might want to check that.
jland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:54 PM   #1716
Tech Addict
 
jland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 669
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Got her done,
jland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:07 PM   #1717
Tech Adept
 
weezer23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 144
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jland
Weezer, I just checked mine and I made the mistake of putting the outdrive cup with the set screw on last, and the instructions state to put the drive gear throuth the 2 bearings then put the out drive cup on with the set screw, I put some pressure on it and there was no play, it made it alot better with the mesh and it is fine now, you might want to check that.
Yea i did that when I put the kit together and just did it again 3 times last night there has never been any slack between the outdrive cup and the diff case. Ive litterally tried everything to get the mesh right and nothing has worked. the tighter the screws in the rear of the diff case the closer it makes my ring gear to the pinion and makes it even worse with the mesh. Its like the bearing inserts are allowing the ring gear to get too close to the pinion. I dont know what else to do.
weezer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:01 PM   #1718
Tech Elite
 
cornerspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,388
Default

Are you greasing your ring and pinions?

You may also want to try the aluminum bearing inserts for the trans case. Seemed to have freed mine up a little. Maybe it was just wishful thinking, I don't know, but it feels pretty smooth.
__________________
Donny Vinkemulder
TLR Driver
TLR 8ight 3.0 - NovarossiUSA - Spektrum DX3R Pro - Losi Nitrotane VP 30% - Losi Lipo Batteries - Proline Tires - DE Racing - EKD Paint
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:06 PM   #1719
Tech Adept
 
weezer23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 144
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Yea plenty of grease, ive built plenty of these things and never had problems like this, it really doesnt seem bad enough to matter but its annoying me. I just need to find a way to increase the distance from the ring gear and pinion.
weezer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:12 PM   #1720
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 157
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
What clutch springs and shoes

What clutch springs and shoes is most everybody running. The black,green,gold or silver clutch springs with what clutch shoe setup the 2 aluminum 2 composite or 4 alluminum. Well if anybody can tell me what they think I should run for my track. MY track is a mid sized track,watered,outdoor,loose and loamy at sometimes well most of the time,and mid bite. So what do you think I should run clutch spring and clutch shoe wise thank you very much. O and if you want to know my setup for my whole car here it is if this will help you out. Diffs,5-5-2, shock oil,40 front,35 rear That is just the basic setup I really do not have time to explain my whole setup. Well thank you very much and who ever can help me out I would really appriciate it alot. Thank you again.
losi8ight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:34 PM   #1721
Tech Elite
 
cornerspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezer23
Yea plenty of grease, ive built plenty of these things and never had problems like this, it really doesnt seem bad enough to matter but its annoying me. I just need to find a way to increase the distance from the ring gear and pinion.
With the diff case together with diff inside, is there any side-to-side end play. That is, can you purposely shift the diff in the case at all. If you can, then you could shim the diff to the right a little. If you can find the correct shims. If there is no endplay, you may be able to create some from the right side bearing retainer so as to trim the inside of it. I think that would be very hard to do. I would try the aluminum inserts to see if it helps anyways.
__________________
Donny Vinkemulder
TLR Driver
TLR 8ight 3.0 - NovarossiUSA - Spektrum DX3R Pro - Losi Nitrotane VP 30% - Losi Lipo Batteries - Proline Tires - DE Racing - EKD Paint
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:40 PM   #1722
Tech Elite
 
cornerspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi8ight
What clutch springs and shoes is most everybody running. The black,green,gold or silver clutch springs with what clutch shoe setup the 2 aluminum 2 composite or 4 alluminum. Well if anybody can tell me what they think I should run for my track. MY track is a mid sized track,watered,outdoor,loose and loamy at sometimes well most of the time,and mid bite. So what do you think I should run clutch spring and clutch shoe wise thank you very much. O and if you want to know my setup for my whole car here it is if this will help you out. Diffs,5-5-2, shock oil,40 front,35 rear That is just the basic setup I really do not have time to explain my whole setup. Well thank you very much and who ever can help me out I would really appriciate it alot. Thank you again.
I was running the stock aluminum-carbon shoes with gold/black springs.
I recently switched to M2C MED. super lites with the same springs. I haven't noticed that much of a difference on track wise yet, but I am hoping for a little better wear. I need to check the wear on these shoes as I have about 12 tanks on them. It did seem that maybe they were starting hang up on me in the Main last Saturday. My car did not seem to idle down as quik when I let off the throttle.
__________________
Donny Vinkemulder
TLR Driver
TLR 8ight 3.0 - NovarossiUSA - Spektrum DX3R Pro - Losi Nitrotane VP 30% - Losi Lipo Batteries - Proline Tires - DE Racing - EKD Paint
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:51 PM   #1723
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 157
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed
I was running the stock aluminum-carbon shoes with gold/black springs.
I recently switched to M2C MED. super lites with the same springs. I haven't noticed that much of a difference on track wise yet, but I am hoping for a little better wear. I need to check the wear on these shoes as I have about 12 tanks on them. It did seem that maybe they were starting hang up on me in the Main last Saturday. My car did not seem to idle down as quik when I let off the throttle.
So you are saying to run the alluminum with the gold spring and the carbon with the black springs. If so thank you very much.
losi8ight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:21 PM   #1724
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 157
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default hey guys

Hey guys I just took out my center diff and I forgot which brake disk goes where. Does the big one go in the back twords the motor or twords the steering servo. Also this is just a question if somebody put them on oposite than the way they were supposed to go on and ran them like that what would happened and would there be any damage. damage. thank you guys.
losi8ight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:26 PM   #1725
Tech Adept
 
weezer23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 144
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

The bigger one goes towards the front, i dont believe it would mess anything up if ran backwards but it wouldnt make much sense. It is bigger in the front because of the load put on the front brakes when braking.
weezer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi 8ight Clutch building Cvdiver Nitro Off-Road 3 05-21-2008 04:47 AM
Team Losi 8ight Buggy with Brushless Setup RcOneNitro R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-20-2008 06:04 PM
losi 8ight-t package f/t for brushless lipo setup ColeT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 03-02-2008 11:17 AM
Losi 8ight-t setup F/s ColeT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 02-11-2008 08:51 PM
OS .21 V-spec Cluth Setup on Losi 8ight? RcOneNitro Nitro Off-Road 6 09-03-2007 01:07 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net